• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something you should have learned Last season.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's Diesel to remind you of what you should have learned Last season.

1. We don't need Horf to be successful.

We won more games with Joe, Smoove, and Zaza. Why? Zaza is a hustler. Horf is out of position and he plays like somebody who is out of position. He has never been dominate... but he can hit an open shot. That may be good for some teams but not good for us.

2. Josh will not Change.

Everybody caught Romnesia or something. You forgot how Josh played a big role of our exit in the playoffs with his bad shooting. Josh can be a great player.... on NBA 2K13... However, in RL, Josh is a guy trying to prove he can do something and he's so stubborn that he will ALWAYS put himself over team. ALWAYS. What this comes down to is that when Josh doesn't get his way, he barks at everybody else. Coaches, players, everybody. When we watched guys do this in the past (like JR RIDER) we called them a cancer. Because Josh is from Atlanta, we're willing to let it slide.

THIS IS WHY JOSH AND AL MUST BE TRADED.

Joe was not the problem. His contract was bad, but he was not the problem. Teague is not the problem. The two players mentioned above both play the same style but really neither should remain.

Even with Josh gone, Al is still going to be very ineffective. Let's trade these guys while they have value.

3. LD is not a coach that will take us anywhere.

LD was a players choice. A smart guy but he has never gone anywhere. He doesn't know much about how to use his rotations or how to manage. Josh should have been discilplined. Teague should be more developed. In a transitional team, drafted Rookies should see the floor for some time. We marvel at what Doc Rivers did with Steisma and Avery in Boston. How did he do that? He has an old team (1) and (2) he trust his coaching. LD doesn't trust his coaching. He has coached Teague for 4 years now, Teague has shown ability on the highest level and if Lou Williams wasn't an off the bench guy by choice, Teague would not be a starter.

It's time to finish the fire sale. We actually have some good pieces going forward. We should see just what we have in Jenkins and Scott and try to get a good Big in trade. Then we should focus on a top draft pick. Instead of waiting til next year, let's get a good coach now. Maybe a Fratello. Give him 4 years. Let him come in before we complete the firesale and see what his opinion of these players are.

• Like 1

I can see us going 0-6. I am all for that if we start making moves after about 20 games which is 25% of the season a pretty significant sample.I am not sure about trading Al but I definitely would for the right pieces back. I am all for trading Josh and simply don't see the need to hold on to him for much longer. He is going to want 14-16 million a year and I just don't think he is worth that, especially if we keep Al. Can't pay 28 million at 1 position and expect to be able to build.2 things I am sure of:A. Joe, Bibby, Teague, Jamal: None were the problemB. Ferry is being overrated here. He has not made a single move in which we won on the court without a doubt. Look at Festus Ezeli. He is not great and probably will never be anything more than a rotation big like Zaza that is a fringe starter at best but we could definitely use those 5 pts and 5 boards in less than 20 minutes that he is giving Golden State. He has already passed Biedrins on there depth chart.

• Premium Member

Before you trade Al, you try to play him in his natural position. Then if this doesn't work, you trade him. Get us a decent SF and pick for Josh, play Al at the 4, I GUARANTEE we would be much better served.Al plays were he is supposed to play and makes his shots at a high FG% why would you trade a guy who's willing too play for the team? You trade away the cancer, not the cure.

• Like 1

Got to move Smith. Horf is a keeper. good contract, great make up and talent. Keep JT if he keeps steping it up and the rookies and Ivan. trade for picks and 2 years bad contractsHarris is a very nice expiring. he should be worth a late first alone.Zaza / Morrow can get another late firstKorver and our seconds for a late firstLou Williams, love your game and contract, not the size, lack of PG skills or D; another mid to early twenties firstIs it unrealistic to say these guys could be turned into: #17, #24, #28Trade Smith for the best 2013 first; say #4Houston plays out of the lottery; #19Hawks first after blow up; #8Simple Math lol; 4, 8,19, 24, 27, 28Looks like we could manage something like #2, #4, #10 out of thatNext season same thing trade expirings and picks to move up into one or two early firsts

Edited by tbhawksfan

• Premium Member

Before you trade Al, you try to play him in his natural position. Then if this doesn't work, you trade him. Get us a decent SF and pick for Josh, play Al at the 4, I GUARANTEE we would be much better served. Al plays were he is supposed to play and makes his shots at a high FG% why would you trade a guy who's willing too play for the team? You trade away the cancer, not the cure.

My fear is that Al is a better C than PF. At PF, he will be slow and mechanical. He doesn't have a goto move and will be guard dependent. That doesn't mean that he won't flourish as a PNR PF, I'm just saying, he's not as intense as I would like there. I say a guy like Favors or Hickson might be better. But I would really let the coach make that determination.

• Premium Member

Got to move Smith. Horf is a keeper. good contract, great make up and talent. Keep JT if he keeps steping it up and the rookies and Ivan. trade for picks and 2 years bad contracts Harris is a very nice expiring. he should be worth a late first alone. Zaza / Morrow can get another late first Korver and our seconds for a late first Lou Williams, love your game and contract, not the size, lack of PG skills or D; another mid to early twenties first Is it unrealistic to say these guys could be turned into: #17, #24, #28 Trade Smith for the best 2013 first; say #4 Houston plays out of the lottery; #19 Hawks first after blow up; #8 Simple Math lol; 4, 8,19, 24, 27, 28 Looks like we could manage something like #2, #4, #10 out of that Next season same thing trade expirings and picks to move up into one or two early firsts

I don't think this draft or any holds all the answers. In fact, I don't trust mid and late round picks. I would actually keep Lou. We just need some defensive pieces on the floor with him. I would definitely keep Zaza and Morrow too. In this game, you need role players.
  • Like 1

Things to learn from some Hawksquawk members :"OVERREACTION is the #1 quality of everyone""EVERYONE HATES JOSH" and "EVERYONE LOVES JOSH" depending on the dayYou all want to blow up the team, and then still believe we can win it all when we get in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Before you trade Al, you try to play him in his natural position. Then if this doesn't work, you trade him. Get us a decent SF and pick for Josh, play Al at the 4, I GUARANTEE we would be much better served. Al plays were he is supposed to play and makes his shots at a high FG% why would you trade a guy who's willing too play for the team? You trade away the cancer, not the cure.

Al played the 4 for a lot of the second half !!!! he's a nice guy but he's just not that good please please please explain to me why/how he would be some much betterat the 4 Josh has the Talent he just need a NO BS coach

Al played the 4 for a lot of the second half !!!! he's a nice guy but he's just not that good please please please explain to me why/how he would be some much betterat the 4 Josh has the Talent he just need a NO BS coach

Playing the 4 for a half will not tell you how effective he can be there full time. I wish Al would just play and stop worrying about what his position is. His first two seasons he brought his hard hat and just played. Since his dad starting talking about him playing PF something changed....Just play ball dude. I wish Josh's brain matched his talent. What a helluva player he would be. It's always the same crap with him. This is upposed to be a new season, I want the new Josh.

• Moderators

I don't think this draft or any holds all the answers. In fact, I don't trust mid and late round picks. I would actually keep Lou. We just need some defensive pieces on the floor with him. I would definitely keep Zaza and Morrow too. In this game, you need role players.

So your plan is to give our current mid to late round rookies more time? I see a team of guys who want to win and want to be in the nba for more than just the money. Guys who still have the athletic ability to compete. This will be an up and down season for sure but staying competitive is the way forward not blowing things up. Talent wins in the playoffs. Al and Josh might not be the answer but they are the most talented players we have now. Still trying to figure out how we have a Cancer, a guy who's really not that talented, a bunch of scrap heap players who can't play D. Somehow they pull out a win against OKC yet LD is still a terrible coach. When does LD get measured on results rather than his resume and salary. If our players suck so bad how does he keep winning with them? I guess the last two years it was because Joe was such a transcendent talent that we couldn't help but win? Go Hawks.
  • Like 1

Well, Hawks are 1-1 for the season. That's winning @ a 50% rate andthat's about what we expect this team to do.We will have our ups and downs, like a yo yo. Hawks will win some gameswe all thought they would lose and we will lose some we were sure wasa win for the Hawks.Josh will lead us to those victories. Josh will be the culpit in those defeats.We can love him or hate him. He can do great things and dumb things. Thishas always been our Josh and he is not changing.If Hawks could trade Josh for a great center, wouldn't that be great! We shouldfind a western team to trade with, the way Superman went to the west. Smooveis a great gate draw. Fans love his highlight plays and forgive those boneheadplays that cost us the game.Don't need to trade for someone's third string center. He's worth more than that.But, if someone is a willing partner with what we need, wouldn't you be willingto do the trade??GO HAWKS AND FALCONS!!