• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has no future with the Hawks

MrMeltdown

The Hawks and Larry Drew are showing Teague every day that he is the one Hawk who can not do enough good. The guy gets the team off to good starts then when things go bad he is always the one to get the blame and get snatched. On the other hand, when he is playing well he is not rewarded with more play. No matter how Josh, Al, or Lou play they will get huge playing time and will never have to deal with any backlash from the coaching staff when they play bad.Finally, Teague could bring back something positive in a trade and it would be better for both parties. For the people that wonder what I mean when I say Teague has baggage and needs a change this is what I mean.

• Premium Member

I can't think of a reason why Teague played less than 20 minutes with the game he was having. The Hawks won, and that's the most important thing here, but there's something VERY strange about Teague getting pulled the first half after a blistering start and then playing sparingly after that. I just hope this won't stifle his growth becuase he's been excellent so far this season. If it's a problem with him and Drew, then Drew's gotta go. That's how much I think of Teague's play this season.

• Like 2

When does Jeffrey demand a trade?

I mean he isn't good enough to be demanding stuff but it makes more sense for them to trade Teague than to continue with this mess. We have always used assets incorrectly and keeping Teague when he obviously has no future here is just silly.

You could tell Teague was pissed at the end when Horf was talking to him on the bench and he has great reason to be. He scored 11 points in 9 minutes in the 1st qtr. He only gets 10 minutes the rest of the game? We played great with him in the game. When he went out was when other teams started scoring, especially when Devin was in the game, who replaced Teague both times by taking him out. Simply put, Larry Drew is a terrible turrible coach. Teague could be a player that could have a great future with is, but as long as LD is around he wont get his cut. If I were him I would tell Ferry its him or me and if hes going to keep Drew then to trade him now.

• Like 1

I watched the whole game.Recap:1st halfTeague comes out being aggressive similar to he did in the OKC game and mostly by himself got the team off to a 10+ lead. He had 13 pts, a couple of rebounds and steals.Teague goes to the bench and the team builds it to 16, meaning they add 6 points to the lead that he had helped get to 10.The Kings make a run and get it to 11 from 16, meaning they cut 5 points.Teague returns and the Kings continue with that momentum and end up only down by 2 at the half as Teague hits a buzzer beater at the end of the half.So, yes they made a 9 pt run with him in the game and he totally lost Aaron Brooks for 2 or 3 open 3's, but why was he not rewarded when he got them off to such a good start by staying in the game in the 1st place?2nd halfThe team takes the lead from 2 to 4 or 6, the Kings call a timeout at the 7 minute mark in the 3rd quarter and Teague is not seen again.Now to Teague's fault he did have some turnovers. He did lose Brooks those times, but what about all the good he did? Why is he the only one on the team that gets punished for bad play? That is my point he obviously is the only player on this team being held accountable by the coaching staff.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

it came down to who are you going to take out in the fourth qt korver of lou? cant speak for 2nd and the 3rd

The 4th quarter had nothing to do with this. Teague came out with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd, he did not even play half the 3rd. Barely played half the 2nd quarter after getting the team off to a good start. I wonder if some of you guys even watch the games.

I think there is much more depth to this subject. I believe Ferry has something to do with it. Hear me out....We already have Lou inked but not Teague. Could it be possible we are just trying to not have Teague blow up this year to attempt o keep his value at a minimum? He was on his way to a 40+ point game. A few o those and you are sure to make some noise around the league. Just a thought. I'm sure most will disagree but I believe strongly that there is more to it.

I think this has a lot to do with his decision to not sign the contract extension. He is only getting about 20 minutes per game, he has came out and proven that he is a very good player. I'm not even sure if it's only about the money, I think he feels under valued on the team. We may end up being really screwed next year, no Teague, no CP3 ( probably ). No real starting PG will want to come to the situation we have here with Drew, just a terrible coach.

I think there is much more depth to this subject. I believe Ferry has something to do with it. Hear me out.... We already have Lou inked but not Teague. Could it be possible we are just trying to not have Teague blow up this year to attempt o keep his value at a minimum? He was on his way to a 40+ point game. A few o those and you are sure to make some noise around the league. Just a thought. I'm sure most will disagree but I believe strongly that there is more to it.

Somebody definitely posted that in the chat... "LD is required to keep Teague's minutes down to reduce his price to resign this offseason."
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Jeff Teague is the best player on this team HANDS DOWN. Horford is second place. The fact he only gets around 26 minutes a game while Josh, I don't have a single shooting percentage over 40% from anywhere on the field despite the fact I'm a PF, Smith is getting close to 40 minutes a game is a testament to how much of a complete moron Larry Drew is. Josh AND Drew both need to be removed from this team if we ever want to be anything other than first or second round playoff fodder.