• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith in Hawks history

thecampster

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/leaders_career.html

Games played 10th with 607 – (1st Dominique with 882)

Minutes played 8th with 20651 (1st Dominque with 32545). Possibly move up to 3rd by next year if he stays a Hawk.

Field Goals 9th with 3530 (Nique is safe at 8752).

LOL 3-PT Field Goals made 10th with 208. Only 3 more to pass Craig Ehlo and 8 to pass Marvin.

6th in Offensive Rebounds (1288)

4th in Defensive Rebounds (3538)

Total rebounds – 8th (4826)

Top 20 in Assists and should make the top 10 this season.

5th in Steals (771)

2nd in blocks (1319) (but 900 less than Tree Rollins)

9th in points

4th in Defensive win shares.

ALLSTAR appearances - 0

Should Smith resign, he will have a place in the top 5 of almost every statistical category imaginable in 5 years and be number in quite a few.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

[*]Field goal attempts: 7613 (9th) -----> FG% .464, far away from top 10 (10th is Rory Sparrow with .507). (side note: Horford checks in 2nd with .537, below Mike Glenn and above Deke and Rollins)

[*]3FG attempts: 751 (8th) -----> 3FG% .277, which is just laughable.

[*]FT attempts: 2823 (9th), FG made outside of top 10 (which would be Eddie Johnson with 1954) -----> FT% <<< 0.692

[*]And there's another interesting number: Total turnovers, Josh ranks 3rd, behind Nique and Eddie Johnson.

------------

Josh is a big part of the Hawks' history, of course, but not as big as some would like it to be.

• Moderators

No one said he wasn't, as Nique would put it, a stat-sheet stuffer. He'll probably end up #1 all time in a lot of those categories before he retires. Like to see those assist numbers go up and, if would just get his butt in the paint and keep it there, get that FG% increased. Get 'em Smoove!

• Moderators

http://www.basketbal...ers_career.html

Games played 10th with 607 – (1st Dominique with 882)

Minutes played 8th with 20651 (1st Dominque with 32545). Possibly move up to 3rd by next year if he stays a Hawk.

Field Goals 9th with 3530 (Nique is safe at 8752).

LOL 3-PT Field Goals made 10th with 208. Only 3 more to pass Craig Ehlo and 8 to pass Marvin.

6th in Offensive Rebounds (1288)

4th in Defensive Rebounds (3538)

Total rebounds – 8th (4826)

Top 20 in Assists and should make the top 10 this season.

5th in Steals (771)

2nd in blocks (1319) (but 900 less than Tree Rollins)

9th in points

4th in Defensive win shares.

ALLSTAR appearances - 0

Should Smith resign, he will have a place in the top 5 of almost every statistical category imaginable in 5 years and be number in quite a few.

Remember some of these are inflated due to the limits on statistics.

For example, Kevin Willis is listed as #1 in offensive rebounds and #1 in defensive rebounds....only because those weren't catalogued separately. He is 5,500 rebounds behind Bob Pettit overall (Pettit almost doubles Willis' totals).

It is no knock on these guys but some of the categories should probably just be listed as "Atlanta" Hawks history.

• Moderators

I'll have to remember all those terrific stats tonight as I watch him hoist 20 footer after 20 footer.

Hopefully we will see him grab 15 rebounds, stop some plays on D, pass some dimes, and unload only a couple 20 footers.

Hopefully we will see him grab 15 2 rebounds, stop some plays on D, pass some dimes, and unload only a couple 20 footers.

Well you nailed it on the rebounds! I'm at school so didn't get to see the game but I can see the 2 rebounds in the box score and 30% shooting and 5 of his 7 misses from outside of the paint and conclude this wasn't a very good game for him.

• Moderators

Josh had a bad 1st half but the 2nd was better. Air balled another FT and got absolutely pissed at himself afterwards. Tore up his head band and actually played a series w/o a head band on (looked weird). He got his six points in the second half. Although the stat line says differently, he actually didn't have a bad game. Hustle inside and spent a lot of time in the paint. About 3-4 of his misses were contested shots under the rim. He missed only two long 2's that I can think of. Actually passed one up and passed it to Harris who shot up a brick. I think the reason he passed it up is because a good portion of the crowd saw him rearing up for it and yelled, "Oh no!!!". lol Keep working Mr. Smith, it'll click eventually. All it'll take is a run in December to put all of the haters on ice...

• Like 1

Josh had a bad 1st half but the 2nd was better. Air balled another FT and got absolutely pissed at himself afterwards. Tore up his head band and actually played a series w/o a head band on (looked weird). He got his six points in the second half. Although the stat line says differently, he actually didn't have a bad game. Hustle inside and spent a lot of time in the paint. About 3-4 of his misses were contested shots under the rim. He missed only two long 2's that I can think of. Actually passed one up and passed it to Harris who shot up a brick. I think the reason he passed it up is because a good portion of the crowd saw him rearing up for it and yelled, "Oh no!!!". lol Keep working Mr. Smith, it'll click eventually. All it'll take is a run in December to put all of the haters on ice...

Nothing he does in December will matter if he's failing in April like he did against the Celtics. That's the only time he could actually do something to silence detractors and change public opinion of him.