VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ REGARDING SITE UPGRADE

Admin

Update:

Alright guys this should be working now. You may have to clear your browser cache if you're not seeing the quoting system working properly. Click this link for instructions on how to clear your browser cache. Here is a screenshot of what the quick reply area should look like.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

post-5-0-65816100-1354109438_thumb.jpg

----------------------

You may have noticed some issues trying to quote other posters today as of this afternoon. I did an upgrade on the site and it was a fairly major upgrade and the editor seems to have some issues that have come from it. I've opened a support ticket with the maker of our forum software but don't expect to receive a response until tomorrow. Until then, you're probably going to have issues with that. If you notice anything else that seems strange, please let me know.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

You may have noticed some issues trying to quote other posters today as of this afternoon. I did an upgrade on the site and it was a fairly major upgrade and the editor seems to have some issues that have come from it. I've opened a support ticket with the maker of our forum software but don't expect to receive a response until tomorrow. Until then, you're probably going to have issues with that. If you notice anything else that seems strange, please let me know.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Alright guys this should be working now. You may have to clear your browser cache if you're not seeing the quoting system working properly. Click this link for instructions on how to clear your browser cache. Here is a screenshot of what the quick reply area should look like.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

post-5-0-57058900-1354109248_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Dolfan, I'm noticing a little slowness since the upgrade. When i click on a link to a post its about a 5 second delay before anything really loads. It could be me but i don't think so. Are you noticing anything? I'm using Chrome but i've tried IE too. I haven't tried a different computer though.

Dolfan, I'm noticing a little slowness since the upgrade. When i click on a link to a post its about a 5 second delay before anything really loads. It could be me but i don't think so. Are you noticing anything? I'm using Chrome but i've tried IE too. I haven't tried a different computer though.

I haven't noticed it being any faster or slower than usual and haven't had anyone else report that yet. Have you cleared your cache and re-started your browser? I'd even recommend re-starting your computer if it's been a while since you've done that. Are you noticing any other sites loading slower than usual? And yeah definitely try it on a different computer if you get a chance.

• Moderators

I cleared the cache but i just did it again to be sure. i have restarted a few times since this started. I'm not noticing any slowness on other sites but i will check from a different network to see. It's no big deal. Just thought i'd mention to see if anyone else was noticing anything.

I cleared the cache but i just did it again to be sure. i have restarted a few times since this started. I'm not noticing any slowness on other sites but i will check from a different network to see. It's no big deal. Just thought i'd mention to see if anyone else was noticing anything.

Well it's a big deal to me as I don't want any of our members having trouble with the site and if you've cleared your cache and re-started and aren't noticing it on other sites then there's definitely an issue. If you can please try from a different network and a different computer and see if you notice the same thing.

• Moderators

Well it's a big deal to me as I don't want any of our members having trouble with the site and if you've cleared your cache and re-started and aren't noticing it on other sites then there's definitely an issue. If you can please try from a different network and a different computer and see if you notice the same thing.

I tried it from my home computer/different conneciton last night and it seemed to behave the same way. Here is a step by step of what i'm talking about. I believe that this changed with the upgrade but i can't say for sure.

- Click on NEW CONTENT! (this seems very quick as usual)

- click on the date/time link for the most recent post in any thread

- the hour glass/circl on the browser tab will start spinning showing me that it is working

- I'm still on the new content page while the circle spins. Nothing in the browser page changes

- the circle spins for about 5-6 seconds and then brings up the post i clicked on.

Like i said this is a very minor thing for me but i noticed it because i found that i would click on these links and then often wonder if i had clicked them. I found myself constantly looking at the top of the tab to see if it was working or not and i hadn't been doing that before.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is any other info you want on this.

I tried it from my home computer/different conneciton last night and it seemed to behave the same way. Here is a step by step of what i'm talking about. I believe that this changed with the upgrade but i can't say for sure.

- Click on NEW CONTENT! (this seems very quick as usual)

- click on the date/time link for the most recent post in any thread

- the hour glass/circl on the browser tab will start spinning showing me that it is working

- I'm still on the new content page while the circle spins. Nothing in the browser page changes

- the circle spins for about 5-6 seconds and then brings up the post i clicked on.

Like i said this is a very minor thing for me but i noticed it because i found that i would click on these links and then often wonder if i had clicked them. I found myself constantly looking at the top of the tab to see if it was working or not and i hadn't been doing that before.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is any other info you want on this.

Thank you Mac. I rarely use that page so I'm not sure what the speeds would have been like for me but I am seeing that same type of 3-4 second delay while waiting for it to go to the last post. Then again my connection at work is so freaking slow I'm seeing similar types of speeds on my end for regular forum posts. But I'm checking their support forums to see if anyone else is reporting similar issues. Will let you know.

Mac why do you want the most recent post? If you click on the circle (you have not posted) or star (you have posted) then you can actually go to the last unread post by you. The Squawk knows the last time you read a thread and so it can start you off with all the new posts since you last read the thread.

Just a suggestion, although you probably have a good reason to read the newest post in a thread and I just can't see the reason at this time.

That's what I normally do as well, although when I tried that it appeared to be slow for me too. But then again my bandwidth at work is abysmal. Have you had any experience with the new content page and pages loading slow?

New content does not load slow for me. I did try and click on the last post timestamp to go to the most recent post in a thread, it did load slower than other pages but it was more in the 2-3 seconds longer type of range.

Well good I'm glad that it's not happening like that for everyone. I've been playing with some settings to try and minimize the server load so we'll see if that helps the site run any faster.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Did this upgrade affect signatures at all? I went to update my sig and it's giving me an error: "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image." I have tired countless other images, but couldn't get anything to work without this error... I am using the Image button to upload the sigs.