• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Jenkins?

randawg91

Let me say this first, I am PUMPED about our performance recently. 9/10? Beating arguably the best team in the NBA at home? Impressive stuff. However, I think most of us can agree that this season's team was put together with the future of our franchise in mind. So why are we not seeing our 1st round pick SG at ALL? I know we have a log jam at that position, but we really need to see what we have in this kid, ESPECIALLY when you consider the decisions we'll have to make about trading vs. extending so many players by the end of the year (not to mention his very impressive summer league performance).

Thoughts on when (if ever) he'll get some playing time? I just really don't want him to get the "Teague-Treatment"

• Premium Member

I wish he would get a little more playing time too. Honestly though, can anybody justify him playing over Lou/Morrow/Stevenson/Korver? The only reason I can come up with is that he was our first round pick and he needs to get some in-game experience, and that isn't a good enough reason when our other experienced guards are playing well.

He brings good shooting, but all of the four guards in front of him bring the same thing and more. Until they stop producing, we are going to see Jenkins remain on the bench.

A lot of posters here, including myself, feel that if he isn't going to play he should be spending time in the NBADL. He had a couple of games there already but he really needs to stay there to have the opportunity to work on his game. The same goes for Scott too.

I wish he would get a little more playing time too. Honestly though, can anybody justify him playing over Lou/Morrow/Stevenson/Korver? The only reason I can come up with is that he was our first round pick and he needs to get some in-game experience, and that isn't a good enough reason when our other experienced guards are playing well.

He brings good shooting, but all of the four guards in front of him bring the same thing and more. Until they stop producing, we are going to see Jenkins remain on the bench.

A lot of posters here, including myself, feel that if he isn't going to play he should be spending time in the NBADL. He had a couple of games there already but he really needs to stay there to have the opportunity to work on his game. The same goes for Scott too.

I totally agree with that. Plus, he was averaging 25 PPG on 53% shooting (2 games, I know) while he was there. Against D-league competition, but still, not bad at all.

• Moderators

Morrow, Williams, Korver >> Jenkins. He is a rookie. Most of the draft picks from the 2012 draft are in the D-league or buried like Jenkins on the bench. This maybe a transition year, but we have a lot of talent on this team to not keep winning. Putting Jenkins out there will only happen if the team goes in the toilet for the rest of the season. I'd rather see Morrow over Jenkins right now. They are basically the same player, but Morrow is proven in the league. And his performance in the D-league is just that... Performing in the D-league...

• Premium Member

No doubt it's a difficult situation. The Hawks don't appear to be a team that's contemplating a long term rebuild and with guys like Korver and Morrow who could both be brought back next year, it makes finding playing time for him tough.

Either give him a little time on the floor or send him down.

Personally, I would love to see him get a few minutes with

the starters.

From what little I've observed from our D-League team,

they play very little defense but you can work on your

passing and shooting. I think our young JJ should be

playing somewhere.

• Premium Member

He should not have been recalled from the d league. Jenkins contributions will be in the future and being in Bakersfield is best for him right now.

Agreed. If he's not gonna get any PT let him continue to score like mad in the NBDL. All that would do is build his confidence.