• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Intrigueing 2013 draft prospects

coachx

Somebody who might slip into trade-upable range is Cody Zeller. Depending on the price I think he could definitely be worth it. He's not the toughest player around, but if he ever improves on that he could be really good. Has a habit of disappearing too, but he's really offensively skilled.

He has T-Rex arms though, like his brother, and a frail body. Not a good combination for projecting success at the next level.

I'm interested in seeing how he measures out at the combine.

I doubt Zeller falls to us, this is really a weak draft, even if he falls he is probably not the paint presence we need, he reminds me Pau Gasol on the offensive side with a lower wingspan that has helped Gasol to cover his phisical limitations. This is a quote from Draftexpress

His short wingspan, underdeveloped frame and average toughness could make it difficult for him to be a major factor on the glass or as a weakside presence, as he struggles to stop more physical opponents from posting him up inside, and was not a prolific rebounder or shot-blocker at the college level.

I still think Adams would be a better fit

Defensively, Adams looked a bit better, blocking an impressive three shots to go along with two steals, showing a similarly good motor on this end of the floor and also displaying an impressive sense of timing on his shot blocks. He did a great job using his full extension and mobility to block shots, doing a very good job in that regard.

Dennis Schröder looks very good. On the right team and grooming he can be special.

I agree, I think he has Tony Parker's potential, he is quick, has a good shot, good passer, decent defender, I'm beginning to like him every day a little bit more, I think there is some chance he could end being a star in the league and one of the three best players of this draft class, the problem is that we are really bad developing PGs and would be a great pick if we would be tanking but I'm not sure we are there yet and probably Teague will be back and play 35 mpg, for that reason I still think we should take KCP but I thought I would have taken Goodwin ahead of him and now I don't have it so clear.

I was pleased also that Rotoword thinks as me about Hawks draft picks, surprised that Franklin is projected to go on the lottery.

17. Atlanta – Steven Adams C Pittsburgh

The Hawks have needed a solid big man, well, pretty much forever. They also need a shooting guard, but finding a true center should be the top priority. Adams is going to be a bit of a project, but he’s 7’0” tall, athletic for his size and should thrive at running the floor. He’ll need to work hard to develop an inside game worthy of the NBA, but has enough upside that someone will grab him in the first round.

18. Atlanta (via Houston) – Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG Georgia

The Hawks clearly have a need at shooting guard, as Lou Williams still came off the bench even when he was healthy. Caldwell-Pope, the SEC player of the year, averaged 18.5 points and should be a very good 3-point shooter in the NBA. And I’m guessing that unlike Dwight Howard, he wouldn’t mind playing in Atlanta after starring at UGA. He’s also a solid defensive player, and really looks like a perfect fit for the Hawks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/43187/34/nba-mock-draft-version-2?pg=2

• Like 1

Yet another player with local ties that is making some noise is Glen Rice Jr. He reminds me of J-Chill in that both lack quickness on the perimeter while having similar length and aa (athletic ability).

Rice differs with his shooting ability. Wouldn't be mad if they draft him in the 2nd.

Bullock would be a great pick, I hope we can get him at 2nd round, one player I'm beginning to like a lot is Muscala, big guy with great offrensive skills, rebounds really well and has acceptable defense, could be a great bakcup Center.

• Like 1

Some data about Draft Bigs

Mason Plumlee - Scouts tell NBA.com that Duke PF/C Mason Plumlee may not be "big enough to handle things inside in the pros."

Plumlee (6'11/245) was an excellent rebounder at Duke, averaging 9.9 a night. He certainly has the athleticism to guard stretch fours, but he won't be able to bang on the block with NBA-sized bigs. Plumlee also can't stretch the defense himself as he's an inept jump-shooter. We'd expect him to land somewhere in the 20s of June's draft as a rotational big.

Cody Zeller - A Pacific Division executive tells NBA.com that Indiana's Cody Zeller is "not a five.".Zeller is listed at 7'0/240, so it's a bit of a surprise. "I'm not sure he's as good as his brother [Tyler], to be honest," the exec said. "He might be in the long run, but right now, he really scares me. He's got good footwork but I'm really afraid of him ... he can't go up over guys and finish, and he's always off balance." Zeller does run really well for a man of his size, but he'll have to show more toughness during the pre-draft process to climb up draft boards. He's outside the lottery right now after getting embarrassed by Syracuse in the NCAA Tournament

Kelly Ollynyk - According to NBA.com, most teams have Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk rated ahead of Indiana's Cody Zeller.

Olynyk averaged just 7.3 rebounds per game in the West Coast Conference, a red flag for general managers looking for a physical dominator. While Zeller is more of a 4/5 prospect, Olynyk is a 3/4 thanks to his shooting touch. Both players will be best served in a reserve role at the NBA level, but both have a chance to go in the lottery because size sells. Olynyk did lead the nation in PER last season.
This only confirms what I thought about this 3 guys, this guys would not be able to solve our problems on the paint, in fact I hope they are drafted ahead of our picks, not for Zeller, I think he could be a valuable piece. Adams, Dieng and Whithey would be better fits here.

Also some info about Allen Crabbe - ESPN's Fran Fraschilla says Cal SG Allen Crabbe "plays defense in a tuxedo."

In other words, Crabbe is stiff and can't keep opponents in front of him. He does bring plus size to the two-guard spot at 6'6/205 and went 209-of-547 (38.2 percent) on 3-pointers during three NBA seasons. If Crabbe can get better defensively, he'll be a steal in the back end of the first round

Bullock would be a great pick, I hope we can get him at 2nd round, one player I'm beginning to like a lot is Muscala, big guy with great offrensive skills, rebounds really well and has acceptable defense, could be a great bakcup Center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtGdt51d96A&feature=player_embedded

Yeah starting to like him more and more. 80% free throw shooter that can finish with his left hand as well as his right. Hopefully he falls to one of the 2nds. San Antonio might be all over this dude. He's shown steady improvement in points, rebounds, even assists and blocks.

• Like 1

After predraft measurements, Adams hands are one of the biggest hands on the draft so I guess that his hands are no longer a concern.

Dieng's measurements were also great he is near a 7 footer, he would be a good guy for us.

Gobert's measurements are great, I think he will climb on the mock draft and we will have no chance at him.

Muhammad's measurements were not impressive, experts are beginning to think he could fall on mock drafts, should be a no brainer for us if he falls.

Nogueira will not be selected on the middle of the first round, late first or 2nd round should be his place, he is not ready yet.

Caldwell Pope, Goowin and Franklin's measurements were good, they have good size for SG and are good prospects for us, I would take them in thar order.

Anyone know much about Tony Snell from New Mexico? What I read of him he looks like a perfect fit for us with one of our 1st round picks and we could still go with a big with the other. He's a 6'7" SF that can nail the open jumper and shot well from 3pt. range in college. He's an energy guy who appears to play good defense. What am I missing?

Anyone know much about Tony Snell from New Mexico? What I read of him he looks like a perfect fit for us with one of our 1st round picks and we could still go with a big with the other. He's a 6'7" SF that can nail the open jumper and shot well from 3pt. range in college. He's an energy guy who appears to play good defense. What am I missing?

I think he is someone we can find on our 2 2nd round picks, there are better options with the first round picks.

After predraft measurements, Adams hands are one of the biggest hands on the draft so I guess that his hands are no longer a concern.Dieng's measurements were also great he is near a 7 footer.

On Anderson the concern is his clumsiness catching and bobbling passes. People assumed the issue was hand size. Now it appears to be hand eye coordination.I would have to take Dieng 1st. He is just my type of center for the value at 17/18. Edited by coachx

I think he is someone we can find on our 2 2nd round picks, there are better options with the first round picks.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I haven't watched much college basketball in a few years, but everything I've read about him was relatively positive and sounds like he'd fit. What are you seeing that says otherwise. Like I said, I'm not arguing. I honestly don't know so I'm asking.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I haven't watched much college basketball in a few years, but everything I've read about him was relatively positive and sounds like he'd fit. What are you seeing that says otherwise. Like I said, I'm not arguing. I honestly don't know so I'm asking.

I haven't seen him play but on any mock draft but on Nbadraft.net he is appearing at a late 2nd round pick, his numbers are really average at best on a bad team, I think there are better options available by the time we pick, younger players with higher upside and higher production on better teams against tougher competition.

I haven't seen him play but on any mock draft but on Nbadraft.net he is appearing at a late 2nd round pick, his numbers are really average at best on a bad team, I think there are better options available by the time we pick, younger players with higher upside and higher production on better teams against tougher competition.

Interesting. The mocks I saw had him getting picked by us in one and then with the #19 pick. I didn't realize that he was projected to fall that low.

The more I see of this Karasev kid the more I like him. Can shoot, pass, has a good BBIQ and moves without the ball. Question is can he defend and how are his handles; that's what will determine whether he's a solid starter or a role-player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sergey-Karasev-6118/#cb=f29dab361d1be9&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.draftexpress.com%2Ff3d1fd060fa2e82&domain=www.draftexpress.com&relation=parent&error=not_authorized

It will be interesting to see how Ferry gages Sergey Karasev with the thorough International scouting the Spurs butter their bread with ( Parker, Ginobli, Splitter).

Is he a young Peja ? Maybe just a young Korver ?

I hate to get high on international guys b/c I have never seen them play but you have to wonder what Ferry thinks of him.