• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm glad the Hawks aren't paying Deron Williams

Vesper

Josh Smith would be an All-Star lock, if he had a pass first PG like Deron passing him the ball.Let's not get things twisted about what is happening in Brooklyn. That's basically a brand new team that they have ( like ours ). The difference, is that they're not a defensively built team, especially on that frontline. In the long run, they'll be OK, but they may not be as good as people thought they "could" be.Deron + JJ + Josh . . . 3 years ago . . . would've been a formidable trio to deal with.

• Premium Member

Josh Smith would be an All-Star lock, if he had a pass first PG like Deron passing him the ball.Let's not get things twisted about what is happening in Brooklyn. That's basically a brand new team that they have ( like ours ). The difference, is that they're not a defensively built team, especially on that frontline. In the long run, they'll be OK, but they may not be as good as people thought they "could" be.Deron + JJ + Josh . . . 3 years ago . . . would've been a formidable trio to deal with.

You probably believe in the Great Pumpkin too! Deron William is as overrated as Joe Johnson please!

We have two PG's... Lou and Jeff are serviceable in this league. Both young and talented. CP3 is amazing, but I'd prefer our combo for money. We're 20-9. We don't need help in the backcourt. Love this team... And we're gonna get better

• Like 1

You probably believe in the Great Pumpkin too! Deron William is as overrated as Joe Johnson please!

Not really. Deron Williams has quite a few seasons of superstar production. A game that will allow him to be effective as he gets older as long as he maintains his weight. He's not overrated, but in a horrible situation.

• Premium Member

Not really. Deron Williams has quite a few seasons of superstar production. A game that will allow him to be effective as he gets older as long as he maintains his weight. He's not overrated, but in a horrible situation.

This board constantly lives by the "Grass is Greener" principle! Unbelievable! Deron Williams is not in a bad situation (Lebron was in a bad situation in Cleveland but went to the finals) and his production have never been "Super Star like"! His Salary is no where near his actual value so no thanks to Deron Williams.

This board constantly lives by the "Grass is Greener" principle! Unbelievable! Deron Williams is not in a bad situation (Lebron was in a bad situation in Cleveland but went to the finals) and his production have never been "Super Star like"! His Salary is no where near his actual value so no thanks to Deron Williams.

You are delusional if you truly believe that. Youre trying to compare him to the best player in basketball and because he doesn't live up to LeBron he must be overrated. Whatever. When a Hawks guard gets 20/10 in ONE season, you let me know. Because Deron has done it several times and will probably do it a couple more times before he retires.
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

You are delusional if you truly believe that. Youre trying to compare him to the best player in basketball and because he doesn't live up to LeBron he must be overrated. Whatever. When a Hawks guard gets 20/10 in ONE season, you let me know. Because Deron has done it several times and will probably do it a couple more times before he retires.

You are the one that used the term "Super Star" plus he is being paid like Labron so why is it not fair to compare him to a "Real Super Star" to illistrate how dumb it would be for the Hawks to paid Deron William his current salary!

Weak argument. So if you're not LeBron, you're not a superstar ? You can't compare an apple to an orange. He might be slumping now, but its always a lack of chemistry when you shake up a team the way Brooklyn did. Sure, you harp on the guy now that he's doing bad, but when he picks it up you'll be nowhere around.

I don't believe in the Great Pumpkin, but I would bet money that I watch a lot more of the NBA than you do. The term "overrated" means that ( deep down ) people KNOW that a guy is a good player, but they don't believe that he's a great player ( despite others believing that he is ). So calling Deron Williams and Joe Johnson "overrated" is actually an acknowledgement that they're both good players ( especially 3 years ago ). Had a Horford + picks for Deron trade had taken place say 3 years ago, the Hawks could've thrown this lineup at teams in crunch time situations PG - D-Will G - Jamal Crawford F - Johnson PF - Smith C - Zaza No Mike Bibby or Kirk Hinrich trying to run the point. No Marvin Williams playing the 3. Both would be coming off the bench. Zaza would start, and at least rebound at a pretty high level. That's 2 "overrated" All-Stars and a 6th man of the year, AND a guy that most Hawk fans have been snubbed from an All-Star vote for the past 2 years, that we could've thrown at people. Josh Smith would benefit tremendously by having a pass-first PG playing on the team that could also get out and run with him. His FG% would be higher and he'd still be a top 5 defensive player in the league. It may have not been enough to beat Orlando in the 2010 playoffs, but I'd definitely take this lineup vs the Bulls in the 2011 playoffs. And the Great Pumpkin did show up once

Deron is a great player no doubt, but nowhere near the consistency he had in Utah. That isn't a coincidence. There was a Hall Of Fame coach there who made the careers of more than a few players over the years who may have had something to do with his production. Is Boozer beasting well over 20 and 10 in Chicago?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

man now i am hearing that deron had something to do with averys firing. b/c avery was to hands on with his point guard.wow,now coaches cant be drill sargents anymore b/c of these premadonas. so they say the whole team has tuned him out.

i beleive before its all over with the russian billionare is going to find out hes going to have to scrap joe or either deron to get better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

i beleive before its all over with the russian billionare is going to find out hes going to have to scrap joe or either deron to get better.

Let's just hope the Hawk"s management team doesn't get advise from some Message board posters here and reacquire Joe Johnson along with Deron Williams! LOL!

• Premium Member

Deron is a great player no doubt, but nowhere near the consistency he had in Utah. That isn't a coincidence. There was a Hall Of Fame coach there who made the careers of more than a few players over the years who may have had something to do with his production. Is Boozer beasting well over 20 and 10 in Chicago?

I agree with you mostly, but if you look at his production this year there's more going on than just suffering from lesser coaching. I mean, even compared to last year's numbers with the Nets Deron is struggling big time. At some point you have to start questioning his health or preparation. Coaching doesn't explain the dudes inability to make plays this season IMHO. More worrying still is his complete lack of leadership during this stretch for his team. I mean, can you ever imagine Chris Paul coming out and saying the things Deron said the way he said them? Blaming his play on the system? Chris Paul is playing under the freaking Vinny Del Negro system and still gets it done.