• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Official" Game Thread: Hawks - Celtics

lethalweapon3

Boston has played like crap this year. But you wouldn't know it by that second half. This team really needs to clean house. Until they do that, they're just wasting time. Josh Smith and Al Horford are not building blocks.

well we know what josh is all about, but i am beginig to have second thoughts about al too. he is on again off again just like teague. lou seems to be the only one right now giving us something consistant. but how long can that last seeing he is getting more minute now.i still would like to see us play them at 100 % healthy to make an accurate assesment.

• Moderators

I don't even drink (much). But some Red Brick Hoplanta IPA was just right once that 3rd quarter was underway.

Really trying to stay 50 yards away from anybody wearing anything remotely green right now.

The signs of the Hawkocalypse were all there. In the FIRST half. Nobody trying to contend for rebounds and second-chance opportunities. Letting KG shoot from that same gawdforsaken spot on the floor. Leaving shooters wide open in the zone. The Passiveness of the Teague. SMDH-inducing rotations. The guy next to me was like, "this is great, ain't it?" I'm like, "wait for it..."

I wish you could hear Sam Mitchell on 92.9 FM right now. Perfect dose of reality for us Hawks fans.

~lw3

a trade comin soon dont worry

I highly doubt we do a trade. And even if we are going to do a trade, it wont be for Rudy Gay or a player on a multi year contract. The whole point of this season is to have a boatload of cap space in the offseason. We will trade for a player whos contract is up at the end of this season so we can move on and maybe, just hopefully, god willingly, we can sign A player who knows how to lead a team. A player who knows about teamwork. A player who knows about ball movement. Not another dumbass, lazy, non-moving body on offence who looks like hes standing in cement.

I don't even drink (much). But some Red Brick Hoplanta IPA was just right once that 3rd quarter was underway. Really trying to stay 50 yards away from anybody wearing anything remotely green right now. The signs of the Hawkocalypse were all there. In the FIRST half. Nobody trying to contend for rebounds and second-chance opportunities. Letting KG shoot from that same gawdforsaken spot on the floor. Leaving shooters wide open in the zone. The Passiveness of the Teague. SMDH-inducing rotations. The guy next to me was like, "this is great, ain't it?" I'm like, "wait for it..." I wish you could hear Sam Mitchell on 92.9 FM right now. Perfect dose of reality for us Hawks fans. ~lw3

Listening to them right now http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/929-the-game Matter of fact, I'm bookmarking this link.

Great question one of those hosts are asking.Are the Hawks the 3rd best team in the league, if- Derrick Rose was healthy in Chicago?- Danny Granger was healthy in Indy?- and Andrew Bynum was healthy in Philly?One of the things they refuse to admit though, is that the team might just be better WITHOUT Josh, if you bring in the right combination of guys in here.If that rings true about the guys we got to replace Joe and Marvin, the same rings true for Josh.

• Like 2

OK, Ok, ok....our center is 6 foot 9 and a half...our power forward is 6 foot 8...our small forward is 6 foot 6 (and white).

We aren't a very tall team.

Our backup center is 6 foot 11 (and white) and our backup PF is whoever LD throws in.

....and we ask why we don't control the boards against good teams?

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Some fundamental basketball tactics went begging... I mean is it too much to ask to give the bloody PG the ball and let him carry it and run plays ? Lou for all his great hot streak shooting just has no place carrying the ball and Smith or Horford shouldn't be doing it unless they are on their own in the half court.

Teague hit up guys on so many occasions and we missed open shots, Teague included with some howlers.

I don't understand the criticism to Teague, I don't think he was the reason of the loss, he shot well ,50% and defend Rondo and Bradley, Rondo is a superstar.

Reason we lost is because we shoot poorly and didn't control the rebounds but that was not Jeff's fault, Josh shott 4-18, 0,20%. and allowed KG, Sullinger and Bass to shoot at high percentages.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Hopefully they go on a big losing streak instead. They need to be put out of it. It really reflects badly on the east that this terrible team is in 3rd place. No team that plays like this one has "PLAYER S" in its roster deserves to be in 3rd place.

Fixed to reflect my point of view.

• Premium Member

well atlanta hawks this was the game to really get the atlanta fans behind you & you let pierce come in here like he is riding on a donkey with a sambrero hat sipping some kool aide ( like a wild west hero). you truly have the better team i believe.but you let them punk you again & take it from you.josh has an excuse he wasnt 100 percent. & dam man whats the deal with harris.is he out for the year. i think lou will eventually hit the wall b/c of his ext. min.and c-mon drew if josh wasnt100 % why give him all of those minutes.why not give some to ivan.

Josh has an excuse, MY ASS. We play better without him.