• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

This is the laziest team I have seen in a long time. I gave up already, just gonna enjoy the sinking of the boat.

Danny Ferry better pull some strings ASAP. We're going nowhere built as this.

Outrebounded by a lot night in and night out. All it takes for the Hawks to lose is not being extremely hot from outside.

FAILURE

What do you expect from a team who runs the point with Lou Williams / Josh Smith and just leaves the actual point guard either on the 3 point line or the bench ? No wonder Teague is so meek, the coach is in love with the serial turnover / chuckers.

• Like 1

Sigh...a name has nothing to do with it - Josh Smith = 16.8pts, 8.2rbs, 3.6 ast, 1.47spg, 2.3bpg Pekovic = 15.9pt, 8.3rbs, 1.0 ast, 0.67spg, 0.89bpg Pekovic trails in every category and is virtually even on rebounds...and trading him for Josh would make us better? Now add the game changing factor that Smith brings to the table. Now I would trade Zaza and a draft pick for Pekovic in a heart beat, but adding by subtracting does not help the Hawks..and here the numbers dont lie

Josh Smith = 16.8pts, 8.2rbs, 3.6 ast, 1.47spg, 2.3bpg. . . in 34.8 minutes of play . . also needs 15.9 shots to score those 16.8 points, because he shoots 44% FG and 54% FTPekovic = 15.9pt, 8.3rbs, 1.0 ast, 0.67spg, 0.89bpg. . . in 31.5 minutes of play . . . only needs 12.6 shots to score those 15.9 points, because he shoots 51% FG and 78% FTSo knowing this, here's how these guys would look if they each averaged 36 minutes per gamePOINTS: Josh - 17.4 ( on 16.4 shots ) . . . Pekovic - 18.2 ( on 14.4 shots )REBOUNDS: Josh - 8.5 . . . Pekovic - 9.5ASSISTS: Josh - 3.8 . . . Pekovic - 1.2STEALS: Josh - 1.5 . . . Pekovic - 0.7BLOCKS: Josh - 2.4 . . . Pekovic - 1.0TURNOVERS: Josh - 3.1 . . . Pekovic - 2.2FG%: Josh - 44% . . . Pekovic - 51%FT%: Josh - 54% . . . Pekovic - 78%3 POINT ATT: Josh - 59 in 30 games . . . Pekovic - 0 in 28 gamesLONG 2 ATT: Josh - 129 in 30 games . . . Pekovic - 0 in 28 games

What do you expect from a team who runs the point with Lou Williams / Josh Smith and just leaves the actual point guard either on the 3 point line or the bench ? No wonder Teague is so meek, the coach is in love with the serial turnover / chuckers.

It's time to stop blaming other people for Teague's mediocre play. He just isn't that good of a player. Plain and simple.

It's time to stop blaming other people for Teague's mediocre play. He just isn't that good of a player. Plain and simple.

When he aint on the court or controlling the offense ie getting the inbound pass how the heck can he be at fault ?

The NBA is a Star driven league - we all complained about Mike Woodson but you give a slightly above average coach a superstar and they will be the 2nd best team in the East...Only a great coach can work with slightly above average talent to win in the NBA. Unfortunately we don't have a great coach and our team has glaring weaknesses at the SF & C positions.

This is team cap space and there will be no moves. Ferry could care less about this team or what transpires on the court. As long as he can sell you the dream of getting a superstar this summer he can real you back in.

• Moderators

I want to add that having Teague, Williams and Korver all starting is not going to cut it. Korver makes some defensive plays every now and then, but those three should not be starting together.

I can't disagree with this at least the way they played last night. I thought Teague and Williams could work but that is if Teague puts some defensive effort in. He was getting punked by ridnour in the first half. He actually came out with some better energy in the second but i don't know what is going on with him.

Williams is not a good defender but you can see the Doug Collins effect on him on offense. The dude trys to make things happen in a controlled way. I don't like him running the point but in the first half he looked like the only one that cared that we were getting embarrassed.

Someone mentioned how vivlamore is doing a bad job at the ajc and i have to agree. I mean what the hell is the deal with Ivan. How can he get a DNP in a game where you are playing Mike Scott and no one is rebounding the ball?

I can't disagree with this at least the way they played last night. I thought Teague and Williams could work but that is if Teague puts some defensive effort in. He was getting punked by ridnour in the first half. He actually came out with some better energy in the second but i don't know what is going on with him.

Williams is not a good defender but you can see the Doug Collins effect on him on offense. The dude trys to make things happen in a controlled way. I don't like him running the point but in the first half he looked like the only one that cared that we were getting embarrassed.

Someone mentioned how vivlamore is doing a bad job at the ajc and i have to agree. I mean what the hell is the deal with Ivan. How can he get a DNP in a game where you are playing Mike Scott and no one is rebounding the ball?

I think it's time to just play Josh at SF and go with the big line up (he will still shoot when and wherever he wants -PF/Sf he will still have bad shot selection).

Lou needs to go back to the bench - one of the things talked about was his ability to get to the free throw when he was in Philly, what the hell happened.

There is something going on with this team - the early season chemistry is gone. Too much dribbling and not enough ball and player movement.

WTH is happening to Teague - he seems disengaged from team.

WTH - why is Ivan not playing, LD seems more concerned with offense than defense and rebounding.

• Moderators

I think it's time to just play Josh at SF and go with the big line up (he will still shoot when and wherever he wants -PF/Sf he will still have bad shot selection).

Lou needs to go back to the bench - one of the things talked about was his ability to get to the free throw when he was in Philly, what the hell happened.

There is something going on with this team - the early season chemistry is gone. Too much dribbling and not enough ball and player movement.

WTH is happening to Teague - he seems disengaged from team.

WTH - why is Ivan not playing, LD seems more concerned with offense than defense and rebounding.

I agree with most of this but Lou was 8-9 from the line last night. That's pretty damn good. I kind of feel like Lou needs to go back to the bench but i don't know why. Frankly he's the one playing well. If +/- means anything he was the only starter with a + and had a team high +5. But I think you're right in that Lou and Teague aren't working well together. Mainly because Lou wants/needs/gets the ball in his hands and Teague doesn't know what to do. I think that is frustrating to Teague. Its Joe all over again.

On D Teague needs to play better though but again that's because Lou and Korver are bad defenders. This is probably Teague's mental issue is that he has the burden of fixing everyone elses shortcomings on defense and offense.

Ivan?? I have no clue. And the thing to not overlook is Ivan is a pretty good on offense too. He has a nice mid range shot and can get to the hole.

• Like 1

I agree with most of this but Lou was 8-9 from the line last night. That's pretty damn good. I kind of feel like Lou needs to go back to the bench but i don't know why. Frankly he's the one playing well. If +/- means anything he was the only starter with a + and had a team high +5. But I think you're right in that Lou and Teague aren't working well together. Mainly because Lou wants/needs/gets the ball in his hands and Teague doesn't know what to do. I think that is frustrating to Teague. Its Joe all over again.

On D Teague needs to play better though but again that's because Lou and Korver are bad defenders. This is probably Teague's mental issue is that he has the burden of fixing everyone elses shortcomings on defense and offense.

Ivan?? I have no clue. And the thing to not overlook is Ivan is a pretty good on offense too. He has a nice mid range shot and can get to the hole.

Lou hasn't gotten to the line like how he was doing it in Philly, last night he did, but before that not so much. Teague does to play better on defense, too many times he is trailing his man. I do agree that having Lou handle the ball so much affects Teague just like when Joe was here - LD said Teague's job was to bring the ball up the court and pass to Joe.

Everytime Ivan checks in he does something good, like you said he has a nice midrange shot, can put it on the floor and get to the rim, decent from the free throw line, and boy does he have quick hands - deflecs a lot of balls.

For those who dont think Pek is legit definitely hasnt been watching the Twolves play. He is a huge reason the twolves have been able to stay competitive without K-love. I said before the game started that Pek was going to kill us. He has been putting up 20 and 30 point games all of this season and last season.

Pek would be the perfect fit for us. He gives us the toughness and paint scoring we desperately need. He is an extremely strong long post banger that doesnt rely on athleticism and has an excellent touch around the rim.

He plays within his role and you dont see him camping out on the perimeter like our bigs do. He plays in the paint and is not afraid of contact like our bigs. He shoots a very high percentage from the field and almost 80 percent from the freethrow line. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pekovni01/shooting/2013/

I figured out why he needs to go back to bench - he dribbles too much, with Stephenson in the game he doesn't dribble a lot, he is quick to pass and only shoots when he is wide open. There was more ball and player movement, with Lou it's a little too much ISOLou.