• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Josh Smith have any trade value?I

PaceRam

I used to be Josh Smith's biggest fans (OK - One of his biggest fans!) but either the chemistry just doesn't seem to be working between him and the rest of the team or there is some kind of coach/player problem but if they can't solve whatever the problem is will the Hawks be able to trade him and get someone or something (Draft Picks, etc) of value for him? Personally, I will be surprised if he is a Hawk next season.

• Admin

I think he has good value to teams who fit this description looking to contend for a playoff spot/or a titleAre over the salary cap and are willing to spend moneyNeed some defensive help

And he is a free agent with 12 million coming off the books for some team
  • Like 1

Philly is the team he may fit on if Bynum gets healthy. I'd love to cash him in for Young and Hawes. That is probably asking too much and Smith probably couldn't handle playing in Philly with their demanding media and fan base. Plus I don't think Doug Collins wants to deal with him. Philly wanted him 5 years ago when they had that moron GM who is now in Brooklyn. They ended up paying Elton Brand more money them Smith.Teague / Harris / LouHarris / Lou / Stevenson / JenkinsYoung / KorverHorford / Ivan / YoungHawes / ZaZaMuch better team there in my opinion.

Edited by coachx

I agree that would be a much better team. Thaddeus is a beast. I wouldn't be so fast to give Hawes the start over Zaza though. I'd like to see them fight it out. Either way, we would have a solid starter and backup center.

• Premium Member

I think fans in other cities would love to have him. However, I wonder how many, if any GMs would actually want him, given the team's obvious improvement with him being out on suspension.

But didn't the team play 'well' after Horf was out almost the entire season last year? This isn't a Horf vs Smoove thing, I'm just comparing the sample sizes.

But didn't the team play 'well' after Horf was out almost the entire season last year? This isn't a Horf vs Smoove thing, I'm just comparing the sample sizes.

Fair question, but I think the x-factor in all cases is that Pachulia plays much better when he perceives he has a more important role.

• Like 4