• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Will Not Resign

JohnnyCASH

• Premium Member
Saw the same thing and that he would be moved very soon. I hope we get someone good back. Edited by Jody23

I don't think these sources are very credible honestly. Because a random Detroit Beat writer is going to know more about the situation than anyone else. Not buying it.

Maybe the Pistons could be the other team involved in the trade? If we could get Monroe or Drummond, I'd be elated.

• Like 2

Then there was also the Jalen Rose statement that Josh was going to be traded. Of course, Jalen Rose could be the unnamed source. There was also the meeting between Josh's reps and the Hawks. So its possible. Josh needs to go. He's worn out his welcome, and I for one at least have given up on him ever breaking his various bad habits which negate his gifts from time to time.

Good. I'm not even religious but now I will proceed to get on my knees and pray for Andre Drummond. Dumars is still in charge there right? Rape him, Ferry. He's dumb enough for Drummond and a first straight up for Josh.

Edited by benhillboy

Josh Smith all day everyday. I hope he moves on. I am not interested in Ferry being able to sell people this dream of Dwight and Josh which is not good in anyway other than selling tickets. Not mad at him for trying to sell tickets but a team with two dumb undeveloped crybabies is nothing but a sideshow. They would need Chris Paul since Josh does not respect Teague, Harris, or anyone else that he is not forced to respect.

Giving the jail to the inmates does not work. I hate the idea of Josh and Dwight. When Van Gundy was describing Dwight he was also describing Josh.

• Like 4

I don't think these sources are very credible honestly. Because a random Detroit Beat writer is going to know more about the situation than anyone else. Not buying it.

Who knows. The Pistons just cleared more capspace for next year and they have this one fan that has been consistently saying for 4 years that Dumars covets Josh. Perhaps it's all connected *spoooooooooky*

• Moderators

Maybe the Pistons could be the other team involved in the trade? If we could get Monroe or Drummond, I'd be elated.

As long as we don't have to take on Stuckey. Cannot stand that guy... Has about as low BBIQ and inconsistency as Josh. I doubt Dumars is that dumb to trade away a very promising front court with Drummond and Monroe.

As long as we don't have to take on Stuckey. Cannot stand that guy... Has about as low BBIQ and inconsistency as Josh. I doubt Dumars is that dumb to trade away a very promising front court with Drummond and Monroe.

Promising indeed, but I don't see them coexisting. Two very promising centers, only one starting position..

• Premium Member

I think I've finally come to terms with this. I do want to make a statement now and I'll make it again once something becomes concrete... The problem with Josh in Atlanta is Josh. He's the big fish in this little pond here and nobody can tell him shit. At some point he will learn just who he is and he will have to accept a role - that of a NON-SCORER. At which point he will shine and all the apologists will flood the boards and whine about how we "let him go."

Personally, I ***HIGHLY*** doubt that he will ever become that player here. Especially if we dump a massive salary onto him. So, there is really no point in prolonging the inevitable. I thought this was something that should have happened right after we traded Joe. Before Josh had a chance to lower his value or get hurt... I got Hulk Smashed for that, but whatever...we've been overdue for some changes for a long time.

Which also makes this a perfect opportunity to bring up another unpopular word - REBUILDING. I really hope the focus is on recreating this team from the ground up (as Ferry initially said) as opposed to trying to piecemeal together a perpetual playoff team that has little hope of getting out of the 1st or 2nd round. We've done that for as long as I've watched this team.

• Like 2

Hawksfanatic is a funny guy :-) I would love Drummond, I think I actually proposed a trade for him coming to the hawks a week or so ago. Just doubt they give him up. Also who says Joe Dumars is dumb? I thought he was a smart dude. I know he was smart on the court but that doesn't relate as we've all seen what Jordan has done with the bob kittens

...a team with two dumb undeveloped crybabies is nothing but a sideshow.

I'm all for empathizing with others' opinion and being open-minded, but I cannot fathom how people don't realize this. Dwight has had arguably the weirdest relationships with his coaches and teammates in modern NBA history. Have people been following him? He can't jump anymore!!!! That was 50% of his game!

I'm all for empathizing with others' opinion and being open-minded, but I cannot fathom how people don't realize this. Dwight has had arguably the weirdest relationships with his coaches and teammates in modern NBA history. Have people been following him? He can't jump anymore!!!! That was 50% of his game!

I don't get it either. I just don't think that is going to be a steady strong-minded strong-principled team on the court with those two.

• Like 1

I got a $100 saying he does reup with the Hawks. :-)After he dangles on the open market form 2 weeks with no offers over 5 years and $60 mill ?In my opinion that is what it will take.

5 more years? I might have to become a Heat fan.