• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gossip

niremetal

• Premium Member

So...what will seem like a random question. How much "gossip" is there at the places you all work? How often do people talk about (and especially criticize) co-workers when the person is not present?

So...what will seem like a random question. How much "gossip" is there at the places you all work? How often do people talk about (and especially criticize) co-workers when the person is not present?

There are 2 people in my team of 7 that are notorious for it. 1 who is an occasional gossip in comparison. 1 of them it is malicious as he can't stand anyone else who gets praise. If someone writes an email to the team thanking you or a higher up notices you, expect this guy to tell anyone who will listen your every flaw, every shortcut.

The other guy its just a part of his personality to do so. I don't think he even realizes it. he just perceives himself as slick and uses it to promote his own image. He knows people no longer trust him but he can't stop.

What I'm discussing though is common everywhere. I've never worked anywhere where there wasn't one or two.

Yep that seems pretty common to me thus far in my career. And whenever someone quits or moves on they are always blamed for stuff going wrong for the first few months, even if they had nothing to do with the problem. What I like to do is to create false rumors and tell those people about it and watch it spread like wild fire. I get such enjoyment out of screwing with them LOL.