• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BIG Win. where do Hawks go from here?

frankthetank966

The Hawks are a strong team. They proved tonight that they can battle against a strong Dallas team on the road. With the Josh Smith rumors flying around what is the Hawks next move? Tonight OJ Mayo proved that he is not the star that Hawks fans should be yearning for. If you believe that Smith makes bone head plays at the end, get ready for OJ. He is shellfish and doesn't know how to move the ball in the clutch. Smiths beast game makes one wonder if trading him is the right move. These Hawks can ball. They are only a superstar away from making this team a contender.

Don't let one game dictate wether he is traded or not. Josh was hitting on his jumper that seldom happens. He had a great game though. As I posted in another if he played like this more ofter we wouldn't have a problem giving him the max and he wouldn't be in trade rumors

He has not shot this well from outside in those last nine games. His percentage may be over 50%, but if I had to guess since I haven't looked I would imagine most of those baskets were in the paint. While the misses were from outside. The only thing 50% tells me he might be taking less outside shots in those 9 games. But I may be wrong.

I'm not sure on the shot selection, but I heard it during the pre game. I'm sure it's over 50% for sure now after tonights game. Either or 50% is nice; especially when he plays great defense and does other things too. Proud.

What to do next? Ferry is one tough ass situation. I couldn't imagine putting myself in his shoes as of now.

• Like 1

Hopefully another team interested in Josh had it's people watching Josh make those 3's and have such an overall good game. It's nice when his jumper is working but we all know it's the exception to the norm. I swear if Josh would just play like he did last night, minus the jumpshots, then I would actually consider something approaching the max for him to stay. But again, one night doesn't erase the plethora of evidence that he's still a liability with his decision making.

He has not shot this well from outside in those last nine games. His percentage may be over 50%, but if I had to guess since I haven't looked I would imagine most of those baskets were in the paint. While the misses were from outside. The only thing 50% tells me he might be taking less outside shots in those 9 games. But I may be wrong.

He is actually taking more 3's.

Last 5 games: 19.2 PPG; 10.6 RPG, 5.0 APG, 52% FG, 67% 3PFG on 3 three point Attempts per game.

He is actually taking more 3's.

Last 5 games: 19.2 PPG; 10.6 RPG, 5.0 APG, 52% FG, 67% 3PFG on 3 three point Attempts per game.

Much better than his January stats over 15 games with 17.2 PPG; 8.7 RPG, 4.6 APG, 46% FG, 20% 3PFG on 3 three point Attempts per game.

• Moderators

Much better than his January stats over 15 games with 17.2 PPG; 8.7 RPG, 4.6 APG, 46% FG, 20% 3PFG on 3 three point Attempts per game.

Had to check. He's climbed to almost 35% on the season from 3 which is just slightly under what Lou was shooting. Oh boy.

Had to check. He's climbed to almost 35% on the season from 3 which is just slightly under what Lou was shooting. Oh boy.

I'd still rather Lou, or any guard shooting 35% from there instead of Josh as Josh can do things in the paint that they cannot. But I will give him some props as 35% is pretty darn good for a PF. Just not what I want my PF to do be doing is all.

• Like 1

I personally don't condone Josh's threes at all, no matter how many he makes. The fact of the matter is he can't shoot, point blank. Any of us can catch fire and hit a few in a row wide open. Odds are he goes 0-5 from three next game rather than 3 or 4 of 5. We've seen this movie before. There are 4 superior options on the team for that. I'd rather Korver take one contested than Josh open. Then Josh can fulfill his positional role in attacking the offensive glass. If I were a coach I simply wouldn't allow a poor free throw shooter hoisting from downtown. All in all, he balled out and hopefully bumped his stock up a bit. He actually had an extensive highlight on Sports center instead of them totally ignoring our game like they usually do. There's no roller coaster in basketball like seeing Josh's struggle dribble coast to coast then unleashing the left hand hammer. You're like "give it up dummy, what are you doing, don't turn it over, boom!" Gotta love him. He's our hometown freakish fool.And from here, we focus our attention to stepping up in the standings. Where else? Smash Orlando, we set up a huge game in a week with the King and them. This squad can beat anybody if we rebound.

Edited by benhillboy

I personally don't condone Josh's threes at all, no matter how many he makes. The fact of the matter is he can't shoot, point blank. Any of us can catch fire and hit a few in a row wide open. Odds are he goes 0-5 from three next game rather than 3 or 4 of 5. We've seen this movie before. There are 4 superior options on the team for that. I'd rather Korver take one contested than Josh open. Then Josh can fulfill his positional role in attacking the offensive glass. If I were a coach I simply wouldn't allow a poor free throw shooter hoisting from downtown. All in all, he balled out and hopefully bumped his stock up a bit. He actually had an extensive highlight on Sports center instead of them totally ignoring our game like they usually do. There's no roller coaster in basketball like seeing Josh's struggle dribble coast to coast then unleashing the left hand hammer. You're like "give it up dummy, what are you doing, don't turn it over, boom!" Gotta love him. He's our hometown freakish fool.And from here, we focus our attention to stepping up in the standings. Where else? Smash Orlando, we set up a huge game in a week with the King and them. This squad can beat anybody if we rebound.

Co-sign. And there was at least one time when Teague brought the ball upcourt and passed to Josh behind the arc instead of a wide-open Kyle. WTF???