• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smells right. Smith to Milwaukee.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This smells right.

Clarification, this seems like the type of deal you make when you come out of all this talk about a trade... two days before the deadline. we have been prostituting Smoove to every team. well, the thought of Smith going to Milwaukee at this late date makes basketball trade sense.

I'm thinking Josh Smith/1st to Milwaukee for Monte Ellis/Larry Sanders.

The reason why this makes sense is because Ellis Shooting is a negative. He's shooting 40% and he just keeps tossing them up. The other thing is that Milwaukee needs something. Ellis’s contract has a player option after this year, but he is likely to opt out if he stays in Milwaukee. So... They filp Smith for Ellis and Sanders. They play hard this season but prolly don't get past .500 and drop out int he playoffs. BUT... in the offseason, Smith will be a good trading piece. Something they wouldn't have with an opted out Monte. Plus, they have unloaded Monte on us so we are out of contention for anything Milwaukee has. I think most of all, they fear losing Ellis to us for nothing in the offseason. The price for their pain... Larry Sanders.

We do it because of Larry Sanders & Monte Ellis.

We get out of Smith's ultimatum. We get into a young C to play next to Horf and a scorer at the 2.

It makes a lot of sense from a BBtrade standpoint for both teams.

• Like 2

I dont mind this trade as long as we dont give up a draft pick. Sanders is a player that will be on the rise for the next few years. The only thing that scares me about Monte Ellis is that he can be a player who demands the ball in his hands. I dont want him taking the ball out of Teague's hands. I dont want another ISO player like Joe Johnson.

Edited by hawkrule152

• Premium Member

No way Atlanta Gives up a 1st...We are trying to build a contender - why would we trade away 1st round picks...NO THANK YOU...

We have 2 first. One is ours one is Houston's. Neither is going to be lower than 20. Some 1sts you want but in this draft, taking a 20 is akin to getting another player like Jenkins... who will take some years to develop if at all.

I would rather give up a first in this draft than a 2nd.

• Premium Member

I dont mind this trade as long as we dont give up a draft pick. Sanders is a player that will be on the rise for the next few years. The only thing that scares me about Monte Ellis is that he can be a player who demands the ball in his hands. I dont want him taking the ball out of Teague's hands. I dont want another ISO player like Joe Johnson.

I really don't think this trade is about Ellis at all. He because trade material next season. Maybe this offseason. But you don't get a guy like Sanders too often. Big with potential and timing.

We have 2 first. One is ours one is Houston's. Neither is going to be lower than 20. Some 1sts you want but in this draft, taking a 20 is akin to getting another player like Jenkins... who will take some years to develop if at all.

I would rather keep both of our firsts and trade them up to get a higher draft pick. Which im hoping is what Ferry is already thinking about.

Or we could package both 1st and try to move up. Charlotte Bobcats already mentioned a few months ago that they are looking to trade their draft pick...

A player like Victor Oladipo, Alex Len, etc., will go in the top 10.

I would rather keep both of our firsts and trade them up to get a higher draft pick. Which im hoping is what Ferry is already thinking about.

Exactly

• Moderators

Get it done Ferry! I have Sanders on my fantasy team and that dude is beast around the hoop. Needs to develop a post game, but is still young. And if it takes a first to get it done, by all means let them have it. Give them two if need be. Drafts don't carry the weight that they use to, so keeping a 20-30 pick in the draft holds no merit outside of a 4-year development project. Jennings with Smith could be great or a disaster. Would take a third team to get involved to make it happen because I doubt that Milwaukee wants to trade their promising starting center for an undersized PF and a late 1st-round pick. They would need more incentive to give up Sanders. A team like PHX getting involved for:

Atlanta receives:

C - Larry Sanders

G - Monta Ellis

Milwaukee receives:

C - Marcin Gortat

F - Josh Smith

2013 1st round pick (Houston)

Phoenix receives:

F - Ersan Ilyasova

2013 1st round pick

2014 1st round pick

Phoenix would then have 4 1st round picks (LAL, HOU, MIL, and PHX) in this draft which could be added to other trades or go for broke and trade up to get Shabazz, Cody Zeller, or both. Marshall/Shabazz/Beasley/Ilyasova/(FA Pickup/Cody Zeller) isn't a bad young team; not going to win more than 30 games next season, but a good start with Marshall and Shabazz. Milwaukee gets the star that they could max out plus a viable young center and Atlanta gets another attacking guard along with the young center that Ferry craves for. Getting Sanders and Monta would also shift the focus from getting a center and a SG to getting an athletic SF with size who can play defense in the offseason... :rolleyes:

They play hard this season but prolly don't get past .500 and drop out int he playoffs. BUT... in the offseason, Smith will be a good trading piece. Something they wouldn't have with an opted out Monte. Plus, they have unloaded Monte on us so we are out of contention for anything Milwaukee has. I think most of all, they fear losing Ellis to us for nothing in the offseason. The price for their pain... Larry Sanders.

How is Josh Smith a good trade piece, in the off season, when he is a free agent ?

I would be thrilled, but shocked, if the Bucks give up Sanders for Smith........a player they have no guarantee they will keep. I could see them including Henson, but not Sanders.

2nd..........the Bucks will have to lose alot of games to fall out of the playoffs. The Bucks are in 8th place and have a 4 game advantage over a struggling 76ers team.

Your logic smells fishy to me.

Edited by coachx

I live in the Bay Area and have watched Monta for 6+ years. Exciting, yes, a smart winner, no. I want to do a trade with the Bucks for Larry Sanders as the main piece and nobody else. I'd be very surprised if Ferry trades for Monta.

Actually both of those picks are below #20 if the draft were today.

#16 and #19 as of today.

I live in the Bay Area and have watched Monta for 6+ years. Exciting, yes, a smart winner, no. I want to do a trade with the Bucks for Larry Sanders as the main piece and nobody else. I'd be very surprised if Ferry trades for Monta.

You have to bring back salary to make the deal work. A deal of Smith for Sanders isn't a legal deal under then CBA.

Ellis may be nothing more then an expiring contract / cap filler.

If Sanders is included then he would be the main piece.

Ellis has a wingspan of 6'2''...........that makes him a pathetic defender who doen't have the length to defend SGs. I would have little interest in resiging him long term.