• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks ready to send Smoove to Bucks for Ellis.

ATLscrubLove

@NBARUMORS: According to sources, the Atlanta Hawks are ready to send Josh Smith to Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for Monta Ellis. Not sure about the rest of the deal but apparently this deal is about to happen.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

I'm sure we will get a first round pick and Sanders. Not a bad deal. Ellis could also be gone at the end of the season with his player option. Free cap space, get rid of Smoove, get a pick and a big man.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

I'm sure we will get a first round pick and Sanders. Not a bad deal. Ellis could also be gone at the end of the season with his player option. Free cap space, get rid of Smoove, get a pick and a big man.

Your seriously over valueing Smith's expiring contract status. If Smith is traded to the Bucks there is a very good chance he only plays 28 games for them.

Sanders is the most valueable piece on the Bucks roster on a dirt cheap contract. Miwaulkee NEVER has luck in free agency.

If the Bucks wanted to package Sanders / pick #15/ and Ellis as an expiring contract, filler, they could do much better then Josh Smith on an expiring contract.

Edited by coachx

I don't get the 'just Monta' thing at all -- isn't that just expiring for expiring? You need something else to make it worthwhile. Unless Ferry considers Ellis's Bird rights something worth dealing for, in which case I will now set myself on fire.

• Like 4

I don't get the 'just Monta' thing at all -- isn't that just expiring for expiring? You need something else to make it worthwhile. Unless Ferry considers Ellis's Bird rights something worth dealing for, in which case I will now set myself on fire.

It won't be just for Monta. But Ellis isn't bad guys 18 ppg, 5.5 assists, 3 rebounds per game. We need guard help with Lou out and with Harris being injury probe.

It won't be just for Monta. But Ellis isn't bad guys 18 ppg, 5.5 assists, 3 rebounds per game. We need guard help with Lou out and with Harris being injury probe.

Who can't score 18PPG on 40% shooting and 23% in 3pt shots? Anyone can score if they take enough shots... Ellis is a bum.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

More relevant to the discussion, Ellis has abysmal Win Shares due to his extremely low efficiency. He's everything bad about Josh without the defense.

• Like 1