• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The rejected deal

JohnnyCASH

Oh, so we're more about appearances now than actually receiving compensation for a player?

We're letting a player walk for nothing, when we could have gotten 2 players and a 1st round pick.

That's negative compensation. The Hawks would be paying the Bucks to take Josh, what kind of f***ed up logic is that?

• Like 4

• Moderators

Oh, so we're more about appearances now than actually receiving compensation for a player?

We're letting a player walk for nothing, when we could have gotten 2 players and a 1st round pick.

And why is getting something so damn important? I'd rather have cap space to be able to choose who eats up that space. I'd rather give Mayo or the likes that $9 mil that we would have been paying Mbah a Moute.

I think it's the money...we are cheap, cheap, cheap. We moved Morrow for an expiring...pay no attention to the statements by management/ownership.

People who say he should have taken that deal rather than let Smith walk for nothing obviously know nothing about the NBA and how salary caps work. Why would we take back guys who are role players and one is not even that when they have deals beyond this year? We have alot of cap space to "potentially" sign 2 max FA's since techinically the only money we'll have on the books is Horford ($12 million), Williams ($5.225 million) and Jenkins ($1.258 million). If the salary cap is approximately $58.5 million that's $40 million for the rest of your team. Obviously we'd have to renounce Josh, Teague and all other FA's to have that full amount (plus our draft picks).

Taking back LRMaM and Udoh would have meant we would have had approximately $9 million less to work with. You can get a pretty solid player for $9 million in today's NBA.

Edited by Dragitoff
  • Like 3

I think it's the money...we are cheap, cheap, cheap. We moved Morrow for an expiring...pay no attention to the statements by management/ownership.

Isn't Morrow also an expriing?

People who say he should have taken that deal rather than let Smith walk for nothing obviously know nothing about the NBA and how salary caps work. Why would we take back guys who are role players and one is not even that when they have deals beyond this year? We have alot of cap space to "potentially" sign 2 max FA's since techinically the only money we'll have on the books is Horford ($12 million), Williams ($5.225 million) and Jenkins ($1.258 million). If the salary cap is approximately $58.5 million that's $40 million for the rest of your team. Obviously we'd have to renounce Josh, Teague and all other FA's to have that full amount (plus our draft picks).

Taking back LRMaM and Udoh would have meant we would have had approximately $8 million less to work with. You can get a pretty solid player for $8 million in today's NBA.

THIS!! Better off not paying for garbage.

Isn't Morrow also an expriing?

THIS!! Better off not paying for garbage.

Yes he was. That was a net zilch deal. Jones makes less than Morrow but they were both expiring. Jones is a little bigger I think and a better defender so that's the only reason I can see it was done. Think Deshawn Stevenson, but not as good. meh.

• Premium Member

But why stress over a few million? The Hawks will have money to burn. All of this is moot unless they have plans to sign a big name. Wake me when that happens.

• Like 1

im glad ferry rejected the team. why take back garbage who still have multiple years left on their contract just to say we traded smoove? who will be off the books this off season. on top of that the pick is protected!!!

If we would of taken that deal we would of been the laughing stock of the league and it would hurt ferry's rep.

Hm... So our starting lineup next season will be

Teague

Jenkins

Capspace

Flexibility

Horford

Looks good, eh?

I see what you did there, some fans are so clever, haha. I forgot next season we will go into it with only 3 guys on the roster. Damn thought we were going to have more players. Guess those three guys will be able to pad their stats. Doom and gloom. Lets see how the off season goes first before we judge them today. Seems kind of silly to see what the team is going to look like at the beginning of next year when we are so far away. But, I appreciate you letting me know what Ferry's plan is. It actually might be making some sort of NBA history playing with 3 players all year. I'm pretty sure that would be history.

Hm... So our starting lineup next season will be

Teague

Jenkins

Capspace

Flexibility

Horford

Looks good, eh?

Yeah I am kicking myself right now. We could have this:

Teague

Beno Udrih

Luc Mbah a Moute

Horford