• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What everyone needs to realize about Josh

Bonkers

• Moderators

How often does Josh wow us with his athleticism these days?

Exactly. He hasn't been that string-bean dunk contest champion for about 3 seasons now. He still posterizes guys, but it's not like he is jumping out of his shoes to do so... And for his defense, I'm not worried. If guys like bad knees Deshawn and Dahntay Jones can still play defense at a high level at 32, then it should be no problem for Smoove... At least I hope.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I can still see josh being a service-able player in his early 30's as long as he takes care of his body. He has some instincts that don't go away like his timing on blocking shots, and his court vision with passing. Players find ways to recreate themselves all the time at that age. Not necessarily saying I want to see that with the Hawks though. If he still played like he did as a rookie then you might have a point.

Exactly. He hasn't been that string-bean dunk contest champion for about 3 seasons now. He still posterizes guys, but it's not like he is jumping out of his shoes to do so... And for his defense, I'm not worried. If guys like bad knees Deshawn and Dahntay Jones can still play defense at a high level at 32, then it should be no problem for Smoove... At least I hope.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you need to factor in their specific roles and MPG....or just games played for that matter so I wouldn't fall on that comparison between bench fodder and a guy angling for a much, MUCH bigger contract.

A marked decline is worth discussing but with that in mind I don't think Ferry will really offer the 5th year on a deal unless it is considerably low annually. As a whole, during the short stint of the new CBA, teams have been trending towards overpaying guys but on shorter contracts. If reports are to be believed then Ferry already had no issue giving Josh a max extension but that was for 3 years. Maybe he can get talked into going to 4 years but I definitely doubt he'd go up to that 5th year at that dollar amount.

Edited by MaceCase

What exactly is this athleticism that Josh has that everyone speaks about? Is it the fact that he could jump so high??? Josh seems very goofy and uncoordinated out there at times. He loses his balance a lot, tries to dribble kicks the ball off his feet, throws bad passes into the stands, cant hit a foul shot,etc etc. How is this person athletic? I am tired of hearing about how Josh is so athletic. You guys need to look the word up in the dictionarySent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Edited by JackB1

Josh hasn't been athletic for about 3 or so years. Didn't Kenny Smith say he was losing athleticism during the bulls series?. I haven't seen him jump high or see him doing anything "athletic" in a few years. he'll dunk on someone here and there. It's not hard for a 6'9 guy to catch lobs and dunk.

I think people say he is athletic because generally if someone is is a very, very good player but not a fundamentalist we assume they are athletic. Maybe josh plays off of instinct and good vision. I don't know.

Same could be said about LeBron James. He will have to rely on his jump shot and the refs. But then again, Josh & LeBrons defense will still be above average, and I can see their assist numbers rise too.

I love the insinuation that he is taking all these long jumpers because he is trying to work on his game.Dude is lazy on offense. That's it.

People who say Josh is lazy is funny because you have to hustle way more on defense than offense. Trust me.

• Like 1

Poor comparison. Deshawn and Dahntay make their money on perimeter defense and not letting guys beat them off the dribble.People beat Josh off the dribble all the time......he just has the athletic ability to catch up with them at the rim and challenge the shot.

Josh will still be a serviceable role-player at least, particularly if he moves over to the 3. Marion is still solid at the age of 34 and his game is similar.

Josh will be worse at SF as he ages......his perimeter defense will even be worse.Your comparing a 6'7'' body to a 6'9'' body.The last think I want is to be stuck with him when he is 31 and 32 unless the contract is right.