• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Contract Clause

ryandauwalker

$1m if an average of 1.5 or less 3's per game with a minimum of 60 games.Thoughts?

It would end up costing the owners $3 mill if they build their roster up to the luxury tax limit. At the same time its probably worth every penny of tax incurred if he brings his bad shot attempts down.

5 years $60 - $65 mill...............take it or leave it.

Then I shop him lke crazy in hope of value before his athletic ability leaves him and he morphs into Geral Wallace. Do what Denver did with NeNe.........resign your poker chip and cash him in a year, or 2, early before the production goes down.

I wish the NBA awarded compensaotry draft picks like the NFL when a free agnet leaves you for nothing. At least its better then nothing.

Edited by coachx

Contract incentives must be in a positive direction. Since this says "less than" that would make it an illegal clause. I wish we could do it, but we cannot. Now, saying that he gets a bonus for TS% being over a certain level may have the same effect you want.

How about you shoot for his 08-09 attempts? I think they were like once every three games. Hell, less than that. I'd go 2 mill for that. No other 4 can do what he can, but I'll be godd@mned if most of them aren't more intelligent.

How about you shoot for his 08-09 attempts? I think they were like once every three games. Hell, less than that. I'd go 2 mill for that. No other 4 can do what he can, but I'll be godd@mned if most of them aren't more intelligent.

Not only are they more intelligent, but they're just better teammates than Smith and not nearly as selfish. Smith clearly only cares about himself. He would rather lose his way instead of doing what is most beneficial for the success of the team. Smith is a guy that puts himself above the success of the team. That's one of the worst teammates you can have. It would be different if he was actually good at shooting jumpers, but he's so selfish that he doesn't care that he doesn't shoot them particularly well. He's going to do what he wants to do. I wonder what kind of players Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman would have been if they insisted on shooting jumpers and floating around the perimeter.

• Like 1