• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Justin Upton!

jy23

I think we have a real MVP candidate on our hands this year if he keeps playing the way he has in spring training. I didn't know he had power like that, I'm loving it. I saw some communication errors between bj and Jason today but I'm sure they'll work that out as the season goes along. Can't wait for the season to start.

The Braves' outfield certainly has the potential to be amazing over the next few years. There is terrific power and speed in the top 3 guys. I'm really looking forward to watching them play.

As far as MVP candidate, I have to go with Hayward. He seems to be maturing and fixing the holes in his swing. He gets that big hole in the upper, inside corner, fixed and he'll be a devastating hitter.

• 3 weeks later...

I said it before the season and I'll say it again....MVP candidate. He is absolutely CRUSHING the ball this first week of the season, I'm loving it.

When he inevitably goes through his slump I'm not even going to care. He's hitting enough for him, his brother, and half of another man. People don't realize Atlanta is the only city with playoff participants at the end of each recent season in the three major sports with a great chance to do it again. And why? Because Frank Wren, Thomas Dimitroff, and Danny Ferry are exceptional GMs. I don't think even Wren forsaw Young Upton mashing like this here though. I know it's early, but he's on pace for 50 HRs and MVP, not to mention sparkling plays out in the most beautiful field in baseball.

Edited by benhillboy

I think we have a real MVP candidate on our hands this year if he keeps playing the way he has in spring training. I didn't know he had power like that, I'm loving it. I saw some communication errors between bj and Jason today but I'm sure they'll work that out as the season goes along. Can't wait for the season to start.

He is in the lead after the first week of the season for sure.

6 HRs in week 1 is just plain AWESOME ! Give me some of what he's having. He is carrying this team right now.....with some good pitching of course.

Hopefully Freeman and McCann get healthy soon.

Hopefully Freeman and McCann get healthy soon.

I'd hate to be a pitcher facing that lineup when they come back. By that time, Older Upton will be on track and were just gonna be mashing people, especially when we play in the little kiddie parks of the league.

As great as it is to see Justin carrying the team, with help from Gattis, I'm seriously concerned about Uggla, BJ and Heyward. Heyward somewhat redeemed himself last year but is still an enigma. Uggla is just an out machine and BJ isn't showing any sign that he's more than a low .200 hitter with high strikeouts. If Uggla is still hovering around .200 or below at the all-star break, I seriously hope Fredi has the balls to just bench the guy and force Wren to make some move to get a competent bat in the lineup. I"m willing to see BJ through because he's new, plays center and can steal bases. Uggla is just a flat out joke and I'm sick of seeing him try and figure it out. He's toast and I believe his career is essentially over. He just makes too much money to let go.

Heyward is struggling, BJ started slow, and Freddie and B-Mac are both out which makes what Justin is doing that much more impressive to me bc we NEED him to do what he's doing or we're not winning. Imagine when Heyward actually gets it going and BJ at least gets back to being a 240 hitter...this offense is going to be unstoppable

• Moderators

Just to show how ridiculous Justin Upton has been here are his "pace" numbers for the season so far:

BA .400

SLG 1.097

OPS 1.521

HR 121

RBI 182

Runs 182

Steals 0

Killing it right now for sure.

• Moderators

Just to show how ridiculous Justin Upton has been here are his "pace" numbers for the season so far:

BA .400

SLG 1.097

OPS 1.521

HR 121

RBI 182

Runs 182

Steals 0

Killing it right now for sure.

He won't keep this up of course but lets assume his pace only slows by 20%. Still over 90 homers. That's what i'm expecting Posted Image

(not really)