• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith and his 3 pointers

He has attempted a career high 172 3-pointers at 30.8% this season which is already 18 more than his previous high. And there are still 13 games left to go, so if we figure his 3-4 3's a game that is an additional 39-52 attempts. So if the trend continues he will have anywhere from 211-224 attempts for the season. Well done "Mid-Range-Shawty" Posted Image

No,” Drew said when asked if he thought Smith would take so many 3-pointers in the new offense. “I thought when we put our offense in and looking at our personnel with Kyle Korver, DeShawn Stevenson, John Jenkins, Anthony Tolliver is a stretch-3. We’ve got a number of guys. …

“The 3, no, it’s not the first shot of choice I want him taking because he is such a dominate force down on the block. He causes a lot of problems when he posts up, particularly when I move him to (small forward). The thing about him is he is a willing passer, which makes it all the better because if you are open and the double-team comes down, he is going to get the basketball out to the open guy.

Drew said he has conversations with Smith about shot selection. The forward acknowledges some of the attempts are ill-advised. It’s a point that player and coach continue to work through.

Josh Smith when asked about his 172 3-point attempts: 'Ask me something that is going to stimulate my mind a little bit.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/hawks-smith-has-career-high-in-3-point-attempts/nW22K/

Better to be good at the right things than great at the wrong things

Josh Smith when asked about his 172 3-point attempts: 'Ask me something that is going to stimulate my mind a little bit.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/hawks-smith-has-career-high-in-3-point-attempts/nW22K/

That's the answer of a str8 up asshole right there

He really doesn't give a damn about this team like I have told u all b4. DO NOT SUPPORT OSH SMITH!!!

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

• Moderators

That's the answer of a str8 up asshole right there

He really doesn't give a damn about this team like I have told u all b4. DO NOT SUPPORT OSH SMITH!!!

If that is his answer to that question, then I am official done with him. That is a BS answer to an honest question.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

Just remember this, there is no cure for stupid.

If we precieve him to be a great, athletic monster jammer, which he is,

yet lacking in that one thing that is holding him back from being a

prepitual all star, so be it.

6 of 10 from the line are both season highs in makes and attempts? Fu@k a max contract, that sounds like a vet minimum. Ask him something that stimulates his mind? Give him a 6+ year-olds puzzle to put together. After an answer like that, he needs to sit out Sunday. He plays well after he sits anyway. Shooting threes when you cant hit a free throw shows blatant disrespect for your team and coach, let alone total unawareness of your own skills. It's quite amazing how he doesn't get into any trouble or surly activity off the court because he's truly stupid. He must stay home 24/7. Ferry knows there'll be no shortage of replacements forwards who will be cheaper and actually have working brain cells.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

lol I dont want him back at any price. He dont give a damn about doing whats best for the team. I dont want players like that on my team.

Posted Image yuck look at that shooting form. He will NEVER be a decent shooter but he still insist on jacking jumpers.

go ahead smoove keep on jacking jumpers you are lowering your own value

You are 27. you are still in your athletic prime but you are taking a bunch of jumpers like you are a old ass man that cant get to the rim.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

You guys are reading too much into it. He didn't demand that he get a stimulating question he just said what any of us would say when asked a question like that and suggest that he get a more stimulating question.<br />

<br /><br />What's so hard about answering a question that he has been asked pretty much his whole career? The interviewer asked if he planned to shoot so many three's this season and answer is basically 'ask me something else'. LD has said that he has spoke to him on his shot selection, Horf has pointed out his ill advised shot selection on The Al Horford Show, and you can tell the rest of the team (let alone the fans) gets frustrated with him, yet he continues at his status quo. Every possession his focus should be at the hoop or getting to the hoop, not settling on jacking up hero ball 20 footers. Jump shots are easy while getting to the hoop requires work. So many W's left on the table due to his fourth-quarter mishaps...

<br /><br />What's so hard about answering a question that he has been asked pretty much his whole career? The interviewer asked if he planned to shoot so many three's this season and answer is basically 'ask me something else'. LD has said that he has spoke to him on his shot selection, Horf has pointed out his ill advised shot selection on The Al Horford Show, and you can tell the rest of the team (let alone the fans) gets frustrated with him, yet he continues at his status quo. Every possession his focus should be at the hoop or getting to the hoop, not settling on jacking up hero ball 20 footers. Jump shots are easy while getting to the hoop requires work. So many W's left on the table due to his fourth-quarter mishaps...

Forgive me, I meant for my post to be taken as tongue in cheek. I was attempting to emulate a response similar to what those that spun his interview with Schultz over whether he was worth the max would do. An interview that he went into great detail as to why he was worth the max BTW, and that you should not even give pause as to why he would be worth the max because past examples are irrelevant, he's Josh Smith. Yet that was excused away as just good ole innocent competitiveness, as though he just answered "yes" to the question and Schultz ran with his own interpretation or, my favorite, it was fake. Josh wasn't on TV reading a prepared statement so therefore there's no way to believe that those words actually left his mouth in that piece.

Perhaps Josh is right though. The question really isn't stimulating because the answer is rather simple: "Because I'm an idiot. Next question"

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For me, it's not just the 3's. Look at his shot chart every game. He can't shoot outside the paint. Period.

..and yet he continues to fire them up. At what point as a player do you stop trying to do something that you have NEVER been able to do? Not talking 1 or 2 shots from the outside. I'm talking around around 10 or so of these shots every single game, hitting on about 20%. And how do you justify that when you are taking that many shots away from guys that are much better shooters?

I just don't understand it. Terrible way to approach the game...and then dismiss any questions regarding your outside shooting.

Dude............I think I'm done with this. If we bring him back and let him keep on firing these shots...I will have lost all confidence in Danny Ferry. This kind of shit you have to correct. End of discussion.

What he and his minions don't understand is that those shots are basically turnovers. It's why so many of these games are way too close. He is just handing the ball back to the other team with his shot selection He's supposed to be one of our rebounders and Al can't box out 3 guys to make up for Josh standing at the 3pt line jacking shots up.

• Like 3

What he and his minions don't understand is that those shots are basically turnovers. It's why so many of these games are way too close. He is just handing the ball back to the other team with his shot selection He's supposed to be one of our rebounders and Al can't box out 3 guys to make up for Josh standing at the 3pt line jacking shots up.

This. That layup at the end of the half off his rim grazer was one of the easiest scores they had all game. Half of his missed jumpers have the characteristics and effect of a steal: quick change of possession with teammates unable to get into defensive postion making it very easy to score off of. That concept doesn't stimulate his mind though.

Hit the nail on the head. The rest of the team doesn't even bother tryin' to get the offensive board whenever he shoots... they just get back on D.