• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big win game 4 - lets keep it rolling

macdaddy

• Moderators

Since there was only one game 4 thread and it was the original game thread I thought i'd start another. Huge two wins at home for this team. We have made the Pacers look bad. To be honest I don't know what is going on with the Pacers. Hansbrough is a non factor for the most part, David West looks like he wishes he was somewhere else and Hibbert looks like he is only effective shooting over short guys.

The biggest story to me is the the celebrated Pacers defense isn't stopping the Hawks and the somewhat maligned Hawks D is holding the Pacers in check.

Went to the game last night and when I left I just thought that other than the huge games from Josh and Al, Devin was really the difference. I was shocked to see his meager point total but that +22 really shows his impact on the game.

I would love to have Harris back next year. He brings an energy as well as a good attitude. With Josh, Ivan, and Teague there is a lot of sulking and skulking at times.

Anyway, I don't know what Wednesday will bring but the Pacers are looking intimidated. We just flat out worked them last night.

• Like 2

Since there was only one game 4 thread and it was the original game thread I thought i'd start another. Huge two wins at home for this team. We have made the Pacers look bad. To be honest I don't know what is going on with the Pacers. Hansbrough is a non factor for the most part, David West looks like he wishes he was somewhere else and Hibbert looks like he is only effective shooting over short guys.

The biggest story to me is the the celebrated Pacers defense isn't stopping the Hawks and the somewhat maligned Hawks D is holding the Pacers in check.

Went to the game last night and when I left I just thought that other than the huge games from Josh and Al, Devin was really the difference. I was shocked to see his meager point total but that +22 really shows his impact on the game.

I would love to have Harris back next year. He brings an energy as well as a good attitude. With Josh, Ivan, and Teague there is a lot of sulking and skulking at times.

Anyway, I don't know what Wednesday will bring but the Pacers are looking intimidated. We just flat out worked them last night.

Last nights game was exciting; but I thought game three was the better win due to our overall defense. Last night we had some letups but our saving grace was shooting almost 46% from the 3pt line. When we do that, even the Heat and OKC are fair game.

1. If we come out and crap the bed tomorrow night I will not be pleased.

2. We all see what this team can be when they all have their heads in the game, playing defense, rebounding and sharing the ball.

3. It's time to stop the Jekyll and Hyde performances.

4. Devin Harris better be hydrating properly - his absence at the beginning of the 2nd half was the cause of the half court malaise.

5. People forget that Indy is still a young team and not playoff battle tested - they get a lot of credit for battling Miami last season.

6. PG just cannot handle Josh in the post or when Josh is aggressive driving - please keep doing that.

7. Al is giving DWest tons of problem by being aggressive, running the floor and being active - please keep doing that.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

1. If we come out and crap the bed tomorrow night I will not be pleased.

2. We all see what this team can be when they all have their heads in the game, playing defense, rebounding and sharing the ball.

3. It's time to stop the Jekyll and Hyde performances.

4. Devin Harris better be hydrating properly - his absence at the beginning of the 2nd half was the cause of the half court malaise.

5. People forget that Indy is still a young team and not playoff battle tested - they get a lot of credit for battling Miami last season.

6. PG just cannot handle Josh in the post or when Josh is aggressive driving - please keep doing that.

7. Al is giving DWest tons of problem by being aggressive, running the floor and being active - please keep doing that.

Can we get this posted in the locker room! Not to mention Tolliver. I mean damn that was a great pickup. The dude is 100% effort and can shoot the 3.

It was funny hearing Paul George being asked about the line up change with Korver guarding him before to Josh now gaurding him. He said something along the lines, I like both of them guarding me. The interviewer mentioned his struggles ever since Josh has started guarding him, but Paul George got upset and was saying Josh is not the problem. Good stuff!

Let's take this W tomorrow night while we can because right now we are definitely in their heads.

• Moderators

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/04/30/smith-fuels-hawks-as-they-pull-even-with-pacers/

via Sekou:

Smith doesn’t flinch, no matter how loud the crowd gets. And they rode the emotional roller coaster with him on this night, play after crazy play from start to finish as Smith scored a career playoff-high 29 points with 11 rebounds, four assists and three steals. It was his first 25-point, 10-rebound playoff game and came in his 50th postseason appearance, a nice robust number for a player who continues to confound not only the fans but some of his teammates as well.

“This was definitely one of those ‘ooh, aah’ moments with Josh,” Al Horford said. “He gives you those ‘oohs’ and then those ‘aahs.’ It’s kind of a ‘Yes’ and then ‘No’ thing going on. That’s the way it is. I think [the fans] obviously want Josh to be successful. Everybody loves him here. Sometimes we do question his shot selection. But tonight he hit some big shots down the stretch, made some huge plays for other guys down the stretch and made plays to help us win this game. I know it might drive some people a little crazy. But it works for us and that’s just the way it is.”

~lw3

• Like 2

It was funny hearing Paul George being asked about the line up change with Korver guarding him before to Josh now gaurding him. He said something along the lines, I like both of them guarding me. The interviewer mentioned his struggles ever since Josh has started guarding him, but Paul George got upset and was saying Josh is not the problem. Good stuff! Let's take this W tomorrow night while we can because right now we are definitely in their heads.

After game 3, he said he is not used to guarding bigger guys but guys coming of screens etc. Now last night it's not a problems. Child please. Having to work harder on defense against Josh and having Josh guard him us affecting his offense. Josh may not be quick afoot but he is longer than Kyle and Devin. PG was making real easy passes to initiate offense against Kyle and Devin not so much against Josh. Rebounding is also an area where having Josh there limits PG's easy rebounds. It's not just one thing.

“This was definitely one of those ‘ooh, aah’ moments with Josh,” Al Horford said. “He gives you those ‘oohs’ and then those ‘aahs.’ It’s kind of a ‘Yes’ and then ‘No’ thing going on. That’s the way it is. I think [the fans] obviously want Josh to be successful. Everybody loves him here. Sometimes we do question his shot selection. I know it might drive some people a little crazy. But it works for us and that’s just the way it is.”

~lw3

He should add in a disclaimer, it works for us sometimes.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

That was well put by Horford and really the first time I've heard any player directly mention the elephant in the room. "Sometimes we question Josh's shot selection." Usually its the 'we can't settle for jumpers' crap. What is apparent is that we are totally dependent on Josh and Al to bring this thing home. Without either we are toast and that's a testament to how good they really are. We focus on their weaknesses but what other team in the playoffs is winning without a big time scorer?

• Like 1

What is apparent is that we are totally dependent on Josh and Al to bring this thing home. Without either we are toast and that's a testament to how good they really are.

And considering all the first and second round exits, is that really bringing anything home and how good is that in your opinion?

We focus on their weaknesses but what other team in the playoffs is winning without a big time scorer?

Josh averaged 17.5 ppg this year. That is better than the leading scorers for Indiana ( George, 17.4) , Memphis ( Randolph 15.4 ), and Denver ( Lawson 16.7 ).

Denver is surprisingly on the ropes down 3-1; but both Indy and Memphis are 2-2 so far.

I think what games three and four really point to is Josh's ability to guard the 3 and our dire need for a scoring big man who can at least get in the way on defense. If we can get Smoove reasonable and sign a center we will be much better all the way around. If Smoove walks, center is still the priority but a good 2 or 3 will be almost as important.

I have never thought of Smoove as a 3, but his work this season has proven to me he can at least be adequate at it. Big ifs but at least for these playoff games I am liking the big lineup. And this is not all about Smoove playing SF, Horfords down game ( due mostly to foul trouble ) playing PF was still pretty damn good at 18, 5, 4, and a block.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I'm not too surprised that we're hanging in there. Our team is not without talent. I'm not holding my breath on a 0-2 series turnaround, but IF we can get Josh under control...then it's not out of the realm of possibility. I still would not be looking forward to the 2nd round, but Smoove playing the right way makes this team SO MUCH stronger.

On a side note, I'm glad this is not Chicago. Brooklyn is the team that I wanted to play and I figured a matchup with Indy would be hit or miss. But the Bulls are the team that scares me. They just play with that gritty, no-nonsense, no-quit attitude...and their defense is great.

-32 in Indy followed by +32 at home. It's kind of nice to play a good team that's as messed up as we are.

They have needs just as we do. Mainly at PG and SG, Yet despite losing their leading scorer from last season ( Granger ) they are playing pretty well.