• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teddy KGB says...

DocWilkins

• Moderators

Benhillboy says "no sir". BBIQ simply too low. Watching him shoot free throws is embarrassing and saddening.

I used to think that and really it's just semantics but I actually think his BBIQ is really high. I think he understands the game at a high level on both ends. I think he just grossly overestimates his abilities in certain areas. Now that may be the same thing.

I used to think that and really it's just semantics but I actually think his BBIQ is really high. I think he understands the game at a high level on both ends. I think he just grossly overestimates his abilities in certain areas. Now that may be the same thing.

U can't be serious

He has a low BBALL IQ. He doesn't understand what the difference is between a good shot and a bad shot. He doesn't box out. He doesn't get as many rebounds as he should becuz he hangs around the 3 pt line. Holds onto the ball too long

There are more reasons why he has a low BBALL IQ but I'll just leave it at that

• Moderators

My concern is the possibility he'll insist his agents negotiate on Ye Olde Hometown Discount of this specific variety:

"So, the max anyone else can possibly give me over four years is X? Add one dollar, spread that baby out over five years, fight for that amount, and the next time we'll have a contract conversation is when I'm 32 years old."

(80%X +1). His agents will think he's an idiot for doing so, to which he'll probably respond: "So what? Join the club."

While I personally prefer Smoove to pursue his arrested professional development somewhere west of the Mississippi River, I also suspect his interest in being One of Those Rare Guys With One Team His Entire Career, that team being in his home metro, is tantalizing enough that he'll push his reps not to play hardball with Ferry or the A$G. The prospect of being here from draft day to retirement, if he plays his cards right, and maybe hang around long enough to back into a title here, I believe overrides chasing any uncertain quests for NBA titles with other sets of Tier B NBA stars. I think he's quite comfortable here... perhaps too comfortable... and I think that will color the nature of his contract negotiations in town this summer.

In the interest of being Hawk 4 Lyfe, he'll want a contract just big enough to keep him from being an annual trade target but not so big he'll be an amnesty risk in 2017 (post-opt-out CBA). Insisting on a 5-Year Max, or anything close to it, will result in Bon Voyage balloons, and he knows it. Insisting on an average amount not significantly north of what Al is currently hauling in (say, $12.5-$14.5 million, the upper end still making him a Top 25 player once the deadwood NBA contracts go away) will make the conversations quite interesting.

~lw3

Depends on how you look at it and define different terms. I think he has very high Basketball Instincts. Actual Intelligence, there is little to none. It's how you can get two totally different results from the same play, because he can't judge variables. Against a lazy, non-aggressive, unathletic unit on the floor, he can go coast to coast and yam. Awesome play. Agaisnt a smart, opportunistic team, they'll go all out blitz trying to steal his dribble, and succeed most of the time when the easy, yet well-thought out play would be get it to a better ball handler and you'll eventually get it back. Little things like that his brain can't process. It's no coincidence some of the most intelligent players of All-Time have very high career free throw shooting percentages because they realize how important free points are, know how easy they are to master with constant practice, and know how dumb it is to give them away time after time. Josh doesn't know this, while many of Basketball's Forefathers drill it into their players like Sergeants. John Wooden wrote a book, and devoted an entire chapter to it! I suggest Josh read it.

Posted Image

Should we or shouldn't we?? Smoove drives me nuts but damn what a game!! Thoughts?

Man I love the movie "Rounders" Nice call all need is some stacks of the high life.

regardless of what happens we need to let im go. Its been 9 years

PPG

RPG
APG
FG% FT%
.465 .517

those are not max numbers. He had his chance to "be the man" and couldn't deliver. If we are to be a successful franchise consistenly we can't overpay players that can't take us to the next level. His athleticism is already eroding. Let him be another team's Joe Johnson. We have gotten his best years.