• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Devin Harris?

frankthetank966

I'd definitely re-sign Harris. He may not have been great in the series but he has been big for us this year. Not sure if we will need him going forward though, if we can get CP3 we already have Lou so we should go a cheaper route for 3rd string PG. I would rather him not be our 2 guard at any time, way too undersized.

• Premium Member

Devin was horrible in this series, along with Teague. I'd rather sign Nate Robinson in the offseason, than Devin. At least I know exactly what I'm getting with Nate. You never know with Devin.

Nate would definitely be a good catch, but his playoff performances may put him out of our price range.

• Admin

Nate is a scorer not a playmaker....he is a 5'8 shooting guard. We have our undersized guard with Lou. As for Harris , I like him as our backup pg if we can retain him. His contract should be smaller this time around.

Nate would definitely be a good catch, but his playoff performances may put him out of our price range.

There shouldn't be a "price range" when you have a gazillion dollars under the cap. Nate has always been a potent enough scorer to warrant a 3 - 5 million a year contract. He got paid the vet minimum this year, which is ridiculous.

A player like Nate should always go to a team in which he can receive playing time, even if that means not going to a playoff level team. He got buried on the bench in Boston and OKC, which had people forgetting how good that guy can be at times.

I remember getting a lot of flack when we signed Jamal Crawford, by me saying that he's just a 6-5 version of Nate Robinson and Salim Stoudamire, because all 3 guys basically were shooting and producing at the same rate. Salim didn't have the ball handling skills to survive in the league, nor the elite athleticism or quickness. Nate has everything that Salim didn't have, plus the competitive fire of a superstar.

I''d definitely give Nate a 2 yr - 8 million deal . . then try to trade off Lou Williams for a legit SF who can defend and shoot. Let Nate be our "designated scorer" off the bench.

Nate is a scorer not a playmaker....he is a 5'8 shooting guard. We have our undersized guard with Lou. As for Harris , I like him as our backup pg if we can retain him. His contract should be smaller this time around.

I agree that Nate is a scorer. So you sign Nate, trade Lou, and sign a guy like Jose Calderon to run the team as the starter.

Devin was horrible in this series, along with Teague.

I'd rather sign Nate Robinson in the offseason, than Devin. At least I know exactly what I'm getting with Nate. You never know with Devin.

With Devin it is mostly a health issue. But he was bad in this series. Pretty much everyone else was though.

• Like 1

We don't need Nate. Unless we trade Lou.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I like how Harris played for the hawks this season, but I'm always skeptical about a guys performance during a contract year. He's to injury prone but he does give you a lot when he's on the floor. I'm leaning more toward letting him walk and look at free agency.

With Devin it is mostly a health issue. But he was bad in this series. Pretty much everyone else was though.

This.It depends on what doctors say is his long term prognosis with his ankles. He is 30 and his game is based on quickness. Even if doctors say his ankles will be fine long term I would be wary of signing him longer then 2 years.

Honestly, I don't want any undersized shooting guards...too much problems on the defensive ends

Agree with this but getting a SF that can defend would be a big help. One thing I love about this summer is that we have so many options, along with the draft. That hasn't been the case in a long, long time.