• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk....Lets compare who fits better for the Hawks between Al Jefferson and Dwight Howard.

JTB

Although I feel that Dwight may be the most offensively inefficient superstar in recent memory I would still much rather have him than Jefferson. I don't see jefferson as a very efficient scorer, although he is a bigger offensive threat than Howard, and a much worse defender and rebounder. Some more major major moves would have to be made after signing Jefferson to get us ino title contention.

How is Dwight inefficient? His efficiency has been generally off the charts. It is when you watch him play, especially v. defensive minded centers with size you notice his offensive flaws. As I mentioned earlier, way too many here are putting too much stock into Dwight's nightmare season in LA when it should be more of an outlier more than anything else. We do live in a what have you done for me lately world and sadly we also live in a world where people see the game from only one angle which is only on the ball instead of the overall part of the game.

When Kobe bites up top on off the ball defense and the cutter cuts, leaving Dwight in an terrible situation, he can either foul or allow the big or cutter to score with just an average read from the passer. It a lot of things LA did defensively what was just awful, at times Dwight joined the fray defensively. Offensively, he was part of the circus.

Shout out to Hibbert handling that Knicks front line right now. He looked like a throwback last night. And besides his nervous twitching, I love his interviews. Smart kid.

I have been a Hibbert fan for awhile. You seen some of the flashes but he's building chemistry with West and you really see Augustin and Hill being a good tandem for the Pacers since both can shoot and both can make sound entry passes.

Edited by Leadership

Ok the guys bashing Al Jefferson are thinking the guys that want him here want him to be our next star or something and that's just not true. Adding Jefferson is just like adding a piece to the puzzle nobody is looking for him to be lead dog of the pack!Yes if we can get Howard great but if we miss out and get Jefferson than he's a great fit with horford. However Jefferson shouldn't be looking for no more than 11 mil a year if he's more than that then we just forget it.By the way Jefferson has never even played on a better team thn the hawks. You can critize him on not being able to lead his team to the playoffs but again he's not coming here to be lead dog. The hawks aren't trying to depend on him to lead the way. He's not the go to man, he is a piece in the puzzle......if we got Paul, horford, Jefferson we are still making noise. Jefferson will need to be a 16/10 guy on the hawks. That's not hard for him to do when there is better team around him and he can do this taking less shots! He's always been on teams where he had no choice but to take all the shots in effort to win. All I'm saying is that us getting Jefferson takes a great deal of pressure off him! For the first time in his career he will be a highly dependable role player not a player being forced to become a superstar.Yes get Howard if you can but if you can't get Jefferson. I didnt really mean for this topic to turn into a bash Jefferson bash Howard thing, I have to be more careful on my post.

Jefferson is going to get more than 11 million per year. He will be closer to a max than 11 million. At that price tag, you are expected to be a star and not just a piece of the puzzle unless the team is satisfied with what we have been for the past 6 years.

Jefferson is known for being really bad defensively. This year's playoffs should show people you need a center that can be a defensive anchor unless you have LeBron or Durant on your roster.

Ok the guys bashing Al Jefferson are thinking the guys that want him here want him to be our next star or something and that's just not true. Adding Jefferson is just like adding a piece to the puzzle nobody is looking for him to be lead dog of the pack!Yes if we can get Howard great but if we miss out and get Jefferson than he's a great fit with horford. However Jefferson shouldn't be looking for no more than 11 mil a year if he's more than that then we just forget it.By the way Jefferson has never even played on a better team thn the hawks. You can critize him on not being able to lead his team to the playoffs but again he's not coming here to be lead dog. The hawks aren't trying to depend on him to lead the way. He's not the go to man, he is a piece in the puzzle......if we got Paul, horford, Jefferson we are still making noise.Jefferson will need to be a 16/10 guy on the hawks. That's not hard for him to do when there is better team around him and he can do this taking less shots! He's always been on teams where he had no choice but to take all the shots in effort to win.All I'm saying is that us getting Jefferson takes a great deal of pressure off him! For the first time in his career he will be a highly dependable role player not a player being forced to become a superstar.Yes get Howard if you can but if you can't get Jefferson. I didnt really mean for this topic to turn into a bash Jefferson bash Howard thing, I have to be more careful on my post.

Pure bull shit. If you paid attention to the arguments then you will realize that Jefferson is not a guy that can give you any amount of production unless he is getting touches. If you aren't slowing down the entire offense, throwing the ball down to him so he can size up for 10 seconds before 3 dribbles then spinning to the middle, spinning to the baseline and throwing up a feathery hook avoiding all contact with his defender then you aren't utilizing him at all.

That's the problem with him, he needs superstar touches to give you pedestrian production so imagine if you are giving him pedestrian touches now? There is nothing about his game that says role player so it is rather foolish to suggest that he will come into Atlanta and operate as such by transforming his entire skillset. He is your classic 1B or 2nd option scorer not because he was forced into it but rather because that's who he is. He can't even be compared to a Zach Randolph because even Randolph can get you garbage buckets when he's not the focus of the offense by crashing the offensive boards for what has been aptly titled "Z-Bounds". Jefferson doesn't rebound anything that is outside of his immediate vicinity and is nearly as much of a non-factor on offense as he is on defense when he's not being directly involved.

• Like 1

How is Dwight inefficient ?

Lol late night, had a couple of drinks and had just left my old lady upstairs sleeping lol.....anywho didn't mean inefficient. That was what I was trying to say about Al, what I was trying to say about Dwight is that the guy really lacks offensive talent or the want to dominate on that end of the floor. I've seen him have games where the guy just seems completely uninterested in what's going on on that end of the floor....so maybe it's not lack of talent but just not wanting to sometimes....don't know which one is worse.

In this thread we learned that JTB doesn't really know what bbiq is (to consider Dwight a low bbiq player), that he confuses being hard headed for being straight up dumb on the court (Josh), and that he thinks a healthy (...lol) Bynum is the best offensive center in the league (when it's really Brook Lopez).Good work.

Dont forget about Mark Gasol.

What bizarro world was I unfortunate to wake up in that people are actually holding Dwight and Jefferson to the same tier? Jefferson's teams don't win because he doesn't help them win whereas Dwight does. Dwight's "teams" didn't secure him the personal honors of 7 All Stars, 6 All NBA teams, 5 All Defense teams, and 3 Defensive Player of the Year awards either. I mean wow. I guess if we throw out all statistics, awards, and gouge our eyes out we can make this silly argument but just short of that.....throw that weed out, it's laced with shenanigans.

Lmao. Agreed. Bad as want Josh gone, Id rather just stay Josh/Al than Al/Al. Thats a downgrade imo.

I like Jefferson's polish on the low block with the counter moves and what have you, but like Shareef, he's just a very good Big with a little too much finesse who isn't going to move the fate of our franchise forward. We need some grit and grime on the front line that can clean up all the penetration guys like Devin and Teague allow if they're still here. I'm starting to think it isn't in this FA class besides the other guy who I don't like, let alone for 100+. All of this is moot though without the coach's philosophy in place.