• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dieselputer asks this question...

Diesel

So if we get SVG as our coach and are going full steam ahead for D-12.. Does that mean that we're keeping JSmoove?

No idea, and your guess is just as good as mine. I'm just happy to see that Dieselputer cranking up again, and no more 'Welfare Mentality'!

We can't keep Smoove if we sign Dwight and CP3. Why would you want Dwight on the same team with Smith? They really do not fit each other game and both are horrible FT shooters. They also cancel each other out on defense if Josh is at PF. Josh needs a new start, I wish him well for whatever team he signs with.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Likely and CP3 was never apart of the plan. LAC has no use for Horford unless apart of a three team trade, but I think Ferry loves Horf. Plus, if keeping Horf/Smoove doesn't work our, they are very valuable assets in a trade. Resign Teague and get a cheap upgrade at SG and le'go!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horford is a more valuable player than Smoove but if Howard wants Josh to stay with the Hawks, why not trade Horford to Celtics for Rondo? I know he is recovering from ACL but a lineup Howard-Smith-Korver-Lou-Rondo would be a pretty good. And we would still have some cap space to go after another cheaper FA.

"Dwight in the post....."

"Howard double teamed...."

"14 seconds to shoot..."

"Hawks swing the ball..."

Posted Image

Lol - that made me drop my phone.

• Premium Member

We can't keep Smoove if we sign Dwight and CP3. Why would you want Dwight on the same team with Smith? They really do not fit each other game and both are horrible FT shooters. They also cancel each other out on defense if Josh is at PF. Josh needs a new start, I wish him well for whatever team he signs with.

While we all may know this, they may not know this. And if they "hold Ferry Hostage" then I can see us using Horf as trade material for the Lakers in a SNT. That way D12 gets his money. Lakers get a consolation and Hawks get to keep Smoove and go after CP3.

The only thing I would say is that it would take a monumental coaching effort to make Smoove listen. Ferry would also have to bring in the right pieces as filler.

• Premium Member

"Dwight in the post....."

"Howard double teamed...."

"14 seconds to shoot..."

"Hawks swing the ball..."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Howard likes this because it gives him a fair shot to lead the league in Offensive rebounds.

Bet LA would love Horf

I do not understand why some would want to trade Horf. I feel there is some unusual split between the two on here for fans. Some love Horford and don't want Josh back all cost. Some do not want Horford but they can't say just get rid of him unless it includes players they covet coming to Atlanta. It is very wierd. Mark me on the side that doesn't want Smith back but that's mainly because I do not want the same team back again. At the same time, I do not see the need of Josh Smith with Dwight or/and CP3 either. Horford is a better fit with both players and he's cheaper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Seriously, if DF trades Horf away in order to have an Osh- Dwight frontcourt, he needs to be fired in the very same day.

Osh: raw talent and athleticism (possibly already in decline), no BBIQ, me-first PG, basketball-hero syndrom, VERY inefficient in the offensive side, horrible FT and long range shooter. Wants max money.

Horford: maybe not quite an All-Star, but plays for the team, and is one of the best PF/C in the league. Also, his contract is VERY friendly. Can consistently hit a jumper, FT % was back to normal in the second half of the season.

If there is someone to be included in a S&T that should be Osh. Why give Horford's contract away and keep an overpaid Smith? It doesn't make any sense to me..

• Like 1