• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post your dream off-season thread

NBASupes

Explain it to a small degree. Post the numbers and tell us why it is your dream off-season for the Hawks.

NBA says the cap is 61 million. which is my estimate due to the NBA doing very well.

We hire Brian "B-Shaw" Shaw as our HC.

To start the off-season, this is my 5 members of the team.

Al/Lou: 17.2

John: 1.25

Mike: .79

Mack: 884,293

Total: 20.00

The draft:

The Hawks trade: 18th pick, 47th pick, and a 2014 2nd round pick.

The T'Wolves trade: 9th pick.

With the 9th pick the Hawks select: Shabazz Muhammad

Bazz gives us: An athletic wing, great off the ball on offense, motor, heart, role player skill set, he has defensive tools to be a good defender but he doesn't use them. He probably would be a much better player on a good team than a bad team since he will have to play a role on a good team. Doesn't create his own shot. An average shooter with good potential. He could be a Corey Maggette or he could be a less defensive, more offensive Tony Allen. It's likely he can be Ron Mercer more than not. Good pick as we need SG/SF and at our pick, there wasn't going to be one that would be able to start this year.

With the 17th pick the Hawks select: Gorgui Dieng

Dieng is one of my favorite prospects as he constantly improved every year. His BBIQ is high, his passing skills are very good, and he's a smart defensive player with decent defensive tools. His offense leaves a lot to be desired but I like his ability and I think potentially, he could be a more skilled Nazr Mohammed with some shades of Theo Ratliff in his game. He is ready right now to give you at least 15 mins in the NBA. He's not a starter for a couple of years but can be a very good backup for you.

With the 50th pick, the Hawks select: Ray McCallum

I love Ray's game. I think he is a potential starter in this league. His game reminds me of Doc Rivers. He will be a quality PG from day 1 in the NBA but because his potential is not high at all and this is a deep PG class, I can see him falling and maybe to the 50th pick. He is my favorite prospect in the 2nd outside of Myck Kabongo who will go early in the 2nd.

That is 3 players nearly 4 million in salary. 24 million dollars in total of 8 players.

Free Agency: No surprise here, we sign CP3 and Dwight to 16 million first year for a 4 years with an opt out option for year 4.

32 mil (2 players)+ 24 million (8 players)= 56 million dollars 10 players and we need 13 players.

We all know what those two can do for us. No need to explain.

We resign Kyle Korver for 3/12 million. We have to sign Korver before we officially sign CP3 and Dwight. Now they can commit on TV first but we have to sign Korver first. Think Udonis Haslem and the Big three.

59.5 million for 11 players.

We use our MLE and split it for:

Matt Barnes and Elton Brand

Barnes give us a reliable vet to start games and play tough for 15-20 min a game.

Brand gives us a reliable big off the bench who can get rebounds, play smart, play great man post defense and be a vet presence in the locker room.

We get them for a combined 4 million with a mil to spare.

Since it's the MLE, we can go over the cap.

63.5 million for 13 players.

Our lineup is:

CP3/(Lou)/McCallum/Mack

Korver/Lou/Jenkins

Barnes/Shabazz/(Korver)

Horford/Brand/Scott

Howard/Dieng/(Horford)/(Brand)

Our offense will be similar to New Orleans and use a lot of screens like Indiana.

We will run a lot of PnR, movement plays, we will also iso Dwight a lot and give the big man a lot of touches. We will be a team that uses inside-out equally and we will be able to play great team defense.

This team has all the pieces for a dynasty and we have no real flaws as an unit. This is the best built team in the NBA by a mile and we have the best talent with Miami. I expect at least 3-7 championships with this bunch.

Your turn.

Guest Walter

It's so difficult for me to read past "trading the 17, 47, and 10000th pick to move up to Minny's 9th pick". Sorry. We couldn't move up to the 16th pick with that offer.W

• Like 2

It's so difficult for me to read past "trading the 17, 47, and 10000th pick to move up to Minny's 9th pick". Sorry. We couldn't move up to the 16th pick with that offer.W

I felt that was a good trade in this draft since the talent after 7 is nearly the same at 20. The difference is the need for SG/SF for our system isn't good at 17. KCP is great for some teams much better than Muhammad but he doesn't fit the need for us nor does Franklin. I would love to move up to the top 5 but the prospect there are more valued like Oladipo much more than guys like Bennett, Zeller, and Len. Those guys can go from 8 to 20. It really isn't much of a difference.

My dream scenario is having a GM who knows how to build a team the right way. 3 small market teams and one medium market team over the luxury in the Conference Finals, people. You're not gonna beat LeBron the next 5 years with the Top Heavy Superstar Model anymore. Reasonable contracts on good players top to bottom with an emphasis on defense (see Spurs and Pacers) is how you beat this kid. Ferry knows LeBron, and knows this. My dream is realized already.

My dream scenario is having a GM who knows how to build a team the right way. 3 small market teams and one medium market team over the luxury in the Conference Finals, people. You're not gonna beat LeBron the next 5 years with the Top Heavy Superstar Model anymore. Reasonable contracts on good players top to bottom with an emphasis on defense (see Spurs and Pacers) is how you beat this kid. Ferry knows LeBron, and knows this. My dream is realized already.

Only great PG play or Bigs playing in the post will beat the Heat. Can't play small ball with them.

Being regarded as a top contender in the East for the first time in a quarter-century by fans and media alike after the off-season is done. I could care less about the salary cap, what draft picks were used, or who they picked up in free agency or via trade. Just get me a team that has main event potential instead of the mid-card for life ceiling they've been under since moving here...

Our lineup is:CP3/(Lou)/McCallum/MackKorver/Lou/JenkinsBarnes/Shabazz/(Korver)Horford/Brand/ScottHoward/Dieng/(Horford)/(Brand)

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I love the draft picks. On the other hand, the free agent signings (outside of CP3 and Dwight) worries me. Brand is basically a dinosaur trying to just find a place to stick on a roster. He has a good post presence, but with the athleticism on this team, I don't think he could run with us and remain healthy doing so. Barnes has solid defense, but if he ever gets passed up as the starter, we have an extremely limited amount of scorers to pair with him. I guess the more I look at it, the more comfortable I become with it. I would just have my doubts about depth in the front court. Edited by Hart

Hell, if you're talking DREAM Off-Season . . . .

- hire Phil Jackson as VP of Basketball Operations/Part-Time coach . . . and have Brian Shaw as his co-head coach ( for road games )

- Draft Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a freefalling Shabazz Muhammad

- pick up option on Mike Scott

- Sign Dwight Howard and Chris Paul

- re-sign Ivan

- Sign Jarrett Jack ( full MLE ), Nazr Muhammad ( vet minimum ), and Matt Barnes ( vet minimum )

PG - Paul . . . ( Jack ) . . .( Lou )

G - Jack . . . Lou . . . Jenkins . . . Pope

F - Shabazz . . . Barnes . . . ( Pope )

PF - Horford . . . Ivan . . . Scott

C - Howard . . . Nazr . . . ( Ivan )

Edited by northcyde

Hell, if you're talking DREAM Off-Season . . . .

- hire Phil Jackson as VP of Basketball Operations/Part-Time coach . . . and have Brian Shaw as his co-head coach ( for road games )

- Draft Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a freefalling Shabazz Muhammad

- pick up option on Mike Scott

- Sign Dwight Howard and Chris Paul

- re-sign Ivan

- Sign Jarrett Jack ( full MLE ), Nazr Muhammad ( vet minimum ), and Matt Barnes ( vet minimum )

PG - Paul . . . ( Jack ) . . .( Lou )

G - Jack . . . Lou . . . Jenkins . . . Pope

F - Shabazz . . . Barnes . . . ( Pope )

C - Howard . . . Nazr . . . ( Ivan )

I almost like this one I like pope A LOT

not Shabazz at all

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1641762-shabazz-muhammad-nba-combine-2013-measurements-analysis-and-draft-projection

Take Dieng

my wish trade Lou (because of his size) for Tyreke

Pick up Dorell Wright (6'9 3 Pt shooter) shoud be cheap

so thats

PG - Paul . . . ( Jack ) . .

G - Tyreke . . . Jenkins . . . Pope

F - . Barnes . . . ( Wright )

C - Howard . . . Nazr . . . (Dieng)

i think you have everything shot creaters, rebounding, D and shooters

can anyone add something or someone i'm missing ?

We would have to trade up to grab KCP. I think if Dallas decides to move on from OJ and not pursue him, they take KCP. Lou played exceptionally well for us before his injury.