• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud is our new coach

GameTime

Bud needs to poach the Spurs shooting coach - Chip Engelland, the team's famed shot doctor

Parker's mid-range game is why his P-n-r is now so deadly he could always get to the rim but cudn't shoot, Splitter couldn't shoot free throws-Pop threatened to bench him, fixed Leonard's shooting stroke by giving him a written plan to rework his jumper by bringing the ball lower, level with his face, in the early part of his shooting motion, so that his release point would be above his head

Can this "doctor" work with a mentally retarded shooter? If so then we have a world class patient who may or may not be back next year...

I gotta wonder how much Ferry / Budz are allowed to poach the Spurs though. Surely we've got some sort of agreement in place that we wouldn't poach anyone that they weren't willing to let go.

Well nobody but San Antonio could give him a 5 year deal, but I wouldn't give him a 4 year 28 million dollar deal either. At best I'd go 4 / 24 or 3 / 20 because he's just not proven outside of playing for a great team.

I take EVERYTHING written by a WRITER with a big grain of snow-melting rock salt. Posted Image

The days of 5 year deals for non-Superstars are a thing of the past - a 3 year deal with a team or player option seems more the norm now. Splitter is scheduled to make 5.8 million next season (qualifying offer) so 7mil/year would be ok.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Can this "doctor" work with a mentally retarded shooter? If so then we have a world class patient who may or may not be back next year...

I gotta wonder how much Ferry / Budz are allowed to poach the Spurs though. Surely we've got some sort of agreement in place that we wouldn't poach anyone that they weren't willing to let go.

NO - all he can do is fix the shot - it won't fix retardation and where you shoot from.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I've been saying for the longest, dudes a diva, he's just too enamored with his popularity and nice guy image to let it all the way out. Not only is a comment like that indicative of questionable character, it's just plain stupid. You telling me if Popovich wanted to replace Parker with Paul, he'd turn down that oppurtunity because Pop looks like Freddy Krueger?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted Image

Even if the article is not true, he still has too many diva qualities about him to risk signing him to a max contract. I don't think he and Dwight would be a great fit. Too much pouting and crying on one team.

The days of 5 year deals for non-Superstars are a thing of the past - a 3 year deal with a team or player option seems more the norm now. Splitter is scheduled to make 5.8 million next season (qualifying offer) so 7mil/year would be ok.

I dunno I would be hesitant to give Splitter 7 million a year but if Ferry and Budz were okay with it then I'll trust their inside knowledge.

Lotta spurs fans taking this extra, extra hard like he was alot more than an assistant to their dynasty. Whether he ultimately fails or not he's a good prospect and light years better than Stotts, Krueger, etc.

Wonder where Splitter fits into all this. Already got Ferry and Budz, why not their center.

They felt he was the heir apparent once Timmy and Pop faded into that sunset. They most likely are just going through feelings of uncertainty now that they no longer know if a capable hand will take over.

I think the fans are taking this hard because Bud was suppose to be Pop's replacement after he retires. Pop has said numerous times that he was going to retire when duncan retires which could be sooner than you think.

What I'm really hoping for is that Budz can get Teague to play more like Tony Parker. We've seen enough glimpses of Teague having the ability to really take over a game but can he run a PnR offense full-time? If so that will go a long way in helping him turn the corner and I think it would really help him to learn to defend the PnR, which is his biggest weakness right now on that side of the ball.

Teague desperately needs some kind of a mid range/pull up game. Besides layups and floaters tony parker's main weapon is his ability to move without the ball and pull up from mid range.

• Like 2

Wow is all I gotta say about that. If CP3 really said that then I wouldn't want him on my team no matter what. I could honestly care less what the color of the coaches skin is and for a player to make a statement like that is just sad. I really hope that's not something CP3 really said as that doesn't seem like the type of person he is but maybe I'm wrong.

I disagree! Paul didnt say this! I know he didnt! A quote like that goes beyond a coach! Saying that is pure racist even using the word African American! This can affect his teammates, coaching staff, fans....I just don't believe he's dumb enough to say he wants a African American coach!...it's not even about being black, white, whatever and I'm sure he knows thisI'm African American and to me the best Coach of all time is white! Phil Jackson! Color has not a damn thing to do with being able to coach even if the league is 90 percent black!If Paul did say this which I don't believe he did than I'm more embarrassed for him than anything! Smh

I disagree! Paul didnt say this! I know he didnt! A quote like that goes beyond a coach! Saying that is pure racist even using the word African American! This can affect his teammates, coaching staff, fans....I just don't believe he's dumb enough to say he wants a African American coach!...it's not even about being black, white, whatever and I'm sure he knows thisI'm African American and to me the best Coach of all time is white! Phil Jackson! Color has not a damn thing to do with being able to coach even if the league is 90 percent black!If Paul did say this which I don't believe he did than I'm more embarrassed for him than anything! Smh

I hope you are right and as LW5 mentioned earlier it must be taken with a grain of salt due to the source, but honestly it wouldn't shock me if he said it. It's an ignorant remark no matter who said it and I would never cheer for a guy who thought like that, whether it's for wanting a black guy, a white guy, a brown guy, etc.

I think the fans are taking this hard because Bud was suppose to be Pop's replacement after he retires. Pop has said numerous times that he was going to retire when duncan retires which could be sooner than you think.

Teague desperately needs some kind of a mid range/pull up game. Besides layups and floaters tony parker's main weapon is his ability to move without the ball and pull up from mid range.

Teague needs to get him someone like Eva Longoria who helped to bring out the dog in Parker. Then he started to get soft and they got divorced and now he's playing possessed again.

Teague just looks too goofy and like he's at a Friday night high school party laughing that the parents are out of town and he's getting away with something.

• Like 1

A guy who has never been a head coach except maybe at a youth level. 19 years and couldn't land a head coaching gig. Color me not thrilled.

They felt he was the heir apparent once Timmy and Pop faded into that sunset. They most likely are just going through feelings of uncertainty now that they no longer know if a capable hand will take over.

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisHW

I'd expect P.J. Carlesimo back in San Antonio to fill Budenholzer's position. Favorite of Pop's and the big three. They were sad he left.

The entire organization is feeling this lost as well. I'm meh for now, just curious on how they are going to attract big names to the city. Ferry has done all the right things so far. The hardest part is the draft and into July.

Jeff Teague : “I’m excited to work with a coach who has worked with one of the best point guards in the league in Tony Parker."

From Vivlamore's twitter

Guess Teague expects to be staying here

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisHW

I'd expect P.J. Carlesimo back in San Antonio to fill Budenholzer's position. Favorite of Pop's and the big three. They were sad he left.

The entire organization is feeling this lost as well. I'm meh for now, just curious on how they are going to attract big names to the city. Ferry has done all the right things so far. The hardest part is the draft and into July.

I like this Yannis guy...

@LyricalEmpire Hawks have become perennial playoff team, have enough cap space to make some MAJOR improvements this summer. It's a good gig.

From Vivlamore's twitter

Guess Teague expects to be staying here

In before the "I'm told Teague..." comments

Postgame sipping games just got revved up a notch!You're not lying. You can go the Budweiser route, you can go the bud/weed route. I'm stocking my shelves now in anticipation. Seriously though, good hire. Let's see what that cap space can buy this summer... ~lw3

• Like 1

I'm shocked, you're usually so enthusiastic, optimistic and upbeat.

I admit I don't know anything about this guy, but why wasn't he a head coach prior to this. I doubt he wanted to stay under Popp all this time.