• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud is our new coach

GameTime

I'm happy with it. So i'm guessing we're going with a Spurs style of basketball, lots of pNr's and spacing the floor with shooters? Anyone have any other insight into his coach style?

I wonder if the Hawks will retool completely now that we have a new head coach...

• Premium Member

Regardless of what we do in free agency I sincerely hope this means we will start running heavy pick and rolls with whoever the PG will be and Horford because Al Horford is a beast in the making on a pick and roll offense. His midrange shooting is the best in the NBA for big men and he's quick enough to get to the rim and finish as well.

• Like 3

Regardless of what we do in free agency I sincerely hope this means we will start running heavy pick and rolls with whoever the PG will be and Horford because Al Horford is a beast in the making on a pick and roll offense. His midrange shooting is the best in the NBA for big men and he's quick enough to get to the rim and finish as well.

Al is too fitting over the style Ferry will probably want to play and so I fully expect him to remain with the team for a while.

Wow if I'm not mistaken I am the first hawksquawk member to predict this....and it happens!...that's fantastic!And for my next trick....On July 13th Howard and Paul will team up and come to the ATL!

• Like 1

"I couldn't be happier for Mike for many reasons. As anyone who's been part of this program knows, he has been more of a co-head coach than an assistant for a long time. His knowledge of the game as well as his ability to teach and develop relationships with players are all special,” said Popovich. “I will miss him a great deal both professionally and personally and am confident that he and Danny will make a great team as the future unfolds."

NICE. Hell of an endorsement from one of the greatest coaches in NBA history.

• Like 4

Well everyone scrap all ideas about CP3, and Dwight in Atlanta...

CP3 wants to play for a black coach:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-brooklyn-patience-couuld-net-red-hot-hollins-article-1.1341359#ixzz2TyCLa3sC

Wow is all I gotta say about that. If CP3 really said that then I wouldn't want him on my team no matter what. I could honestly care less what the color of the coaches skin is and for a player to make a statement like that is just sad. I really hope that's not something CP3 really said as that doesn't seem like the type of person he is but maybe I'm wrong.

Well everyone scrap all ideas about CP3, and Dwight in Atlanta... CP3 wants to play for a black coach: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-brooklyn-patience-couuld-net-red-hot-hollins-article-1.1341359#ixzz2TyCLa3sC

Thankfully that pipe dream can end. And you can best believe Bud was in the film room with Pop laughing at Dwight being beat down the floor repeatedly by 37 year-old Tim Duncan so that's out too, thank goodness. We're gonna get some smart, team-oriented hustlers in here.
  • Like 1