• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now, For the Assistants...

lethalweapon3

A big question for me would be do we look to hire younger guys who have a legit shot at being offered a head coaching gig somewhere else in the next year or two? Or do we go for guys who might not be as good of a coach but are likely to be around for longer?

Do we hire guys like Avery who will probably get another shot and who might also get in the way of the new guy Budz?

• Premium Member

Conventional wisdom says that a rookie coach has one guy on the bench who brings some HC experience to the table. Of course, who knows how any two personalities get along or not... Avery may or may not be that guy for Bud. Carlesimo, too.

• Moderators

One more name... and a quiz for him.

Last season, Kyle Korver's 45.7 three-point field goal percentage was the second highest in Hawks history, a shade behind the franchise all-time single-season leader. Meanwhile, Jeff Teague's 88.0 free throw percentage ranks third all-time, just three-tenths of a percent behind the guy in second place. Who is this player that Kyle and Jeff nearly stepped over in the Hawks' all-time single-season standings?

~lw3

• Premium Member

Wally Blase of course.

What about Pat Ewing?

I would take NVE.

IF he's finally retired, I would take a look at D-Fish.

Mark Price as a shooting coach?

Top assistant if he would take it would be Avery Johnson.

• Moderators

One more name... and a quiz for him.

Last season, Kyle Korver's 45.7 three-point field goal percentage was the second highest in Hawks history, a shade behind the franchise all-time single-season leader. Meanwhile, Jeff Teague's 88.0 free throw percentage ranks third all-time, just three-tenths of a percent behind the guy in second place. Who is this player that Kyle and Jeff nearly stepped over in the Hawks' all-time single-season standings?

~lw3

Pencils down! Here's your answer. Or, at least, the guy The Answer stepped over.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_tor.html

Boston's letting him shop around.

~lw3

• Moderators

Good grief T-Lue was the best single season 3pt shooter in Hawks history? You are truly a fountain Murtaugh, truly a fountain.

Not one of youth sadly! After all, I'm too old for... well, yeah.

~lw5

No word that he's coming here. But he's certainly on the move somewhere, with a house like THIS up for sale. Yikes!

http://www.chron.com/homes/gallery/Avery-Johnson-selling-home-in-The-Woodlands-64185.php

~lw3

There's a lot of houses like that in 'The Woodlands'. Little known fact that 'The Woodlands' was a HUGE slave plantation and now it's one of the more upscale areas of Houston.

• Like 1

Do you have a new position as Houston's ambassador?

"Come see the allure that Houston has to offer! Just a swig of codeine and you will be ready to be an authentic Houstonian. Don't worry, scrippies are easy to get a hold of with a quick call to Mike Jones. PS Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!"

Haha no and honestly it's not my favorite place to live as I'd move back to South Florida in a heartbeat if work and family were there but it seems that it's come up a lot lately, I guess because of Dwight. But I do feel like I have to defend Houston sometimes since people nationally have on idea what Houston is about or how big it actually is. Look at these numbers compared to Atlanta.

Population

Atlanta - 443,775

Houston - 2.16 million

Land Area

Atlanta - 133.152 sq mi

Houston - 599.589 sq mi

People think it's all cowboys and farms and crap like that but that couldn't be farther from the truth. But please don't come for the Alamo as you'll be extremely disappointed by how small it is.

Do you have a new position as Houston's ambassador?

"Come see the allure that Houston has to offer! Just a swig of codeine and you will be ready to be an authentic Houstonian. Don't worry, scrippies are easy to get a hold of with a quick call to Mike Jones. PS Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!"

You need to let him borrow one of your suits to complete the ensemble for his walking tours.

Posted Image

"now I say, now I do say! More than being the 'Lean capitol of the world we also sport quite a large museum district."

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 2

You need to let him borrow one of your suits to complete the ensemble for his walking tours.

Posted Image

"now I say, now I do say! More than being the 'Lean capitol of the world we also sport quite a large museum district."

That's a hot outfit right there!

Haha no and honestly it's not my favorite place to live as I'd move back to South Florida in a heartbeat if work and family were there but it seems that it's come up a lot lately, I guess because of Dwight. But I do feel like I have to defend Houston sometimes since people nationally have on idea what Houston is about or how big it actually is. Look at these numbers compared to Atlanta. PopulationAtlanta - 443,775Houston - 2.16 million Land AreaAtlanta - 133.152 sq miHouston - 599.589 sq mi People think it's all cowboys and farms and crap like that but that couldn't be farther from the truth. But please don't come for the Alamo as you'll be extremely disappointed by how small it is.
Those population numbers are a bad comparison a better one is metro area because of how the ATL is set up
  • Like 1