• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget CP3

That's just crazy. I want you to go back to Michael Jordan's first 6 years and apply this statement.

Im not a Jordan Worshipper in the slightest. How about we apply the career championship arc models of Bird, Duncan, and Magic against these current players? They didn't have to wait long and struggle to lead their teams to rings against the 80's Pistons or Late 90's Lakers did they? Because they are Great players with Great size. There just isn't enough in that mans little body to carry a team over 100 games where they need to go. Averaging just under 17 ain't gonna get you 40 like the dominant 2 sor 3s or hell even Westbrook. He aint pulling down insane rebound numbers like we've seen from Garnett or Duncan (or 19 from Kobe in a closeout Finals game or numerous double-digit rebounding efforts from Kidd if we talking guards). 0.1 Blocks a game? He isnt even challenging shots on par with Teague. He can't have a defensive impact on a Melo in the fourth quarter, on the ball or helping. Not knocking the guy, he's a fabulous fiery player that'll do whatever in his power to win. But his size makes his powers limited and a clear compliment in May. Y'all will see soon enough. I guess y'all the same ones who thought Nash was a shoe-in to at least get to the Finals right? Or you got countless excuses of how his team didn't measure up after they set records for scoring and "revolutionized" the game? Superstars get it done within 8 years man, no excuses whatsoever. You and Leadership are in the minority of those who think that Clipper's team wasn't stacked enough to be expected to make the Con. Finals at least, and I'm not a Griffin fan at all either. I would have liked to see more accountability from their leader, blaming himself for their awful early exit. He is the leader, right? Instead he sits back and let's his frontcourt and coach get ripped like you're doing. Just like Drew or Woody's stuff works well enough in the regular season, great defensive teams in the playoffs will be damned if they let Paul do multiple things to affect the outcome of the game. The Heat have 4 players who could disrupt Paul's flow defensively if needed. If he was so Great, he'd still be playing now. Every team that's still playing has a weakness and a crutch you could blame if they were at home. There reason they're still alive is because their best player can affect the closely contested half court game in many more ways than CP3 can. He's got to be paired with a dominant two-way wing or center, period, in which case he's gonna have to take considerably less than the max he's looking for. We can agree to disagree. Just meet me back in about 3 or 4 years and see where he's gotten with his comfortable max deal, mounting injuries, and advancing age with LeBron still at his peak. The same place Diesel's boy Joe will be after I tried to tell him for years he's best suited for his Suns role.

So Chris Paul is racist?

Supposedly he only wants to play for a black coach. May just be a rumor, but it's a strange rumor to appear out of thin air. And soon after, Byron Scott is rumored to be their new coach.

Edited by ag82
  • Like 1

Bucher is stirring up stuff again.

Here's how I see it. There was a lot of disappointment about Vinny Del Negro's 1st round exit. I'm sure that when the thought came up about his dismissal, CP3 did nothing to say... don't fire him. For a coach, his star not fighting for him is just as good as the player sayingf fire him. I think that's where the problem lies, CP3 didn't fight for VDN. For me, I agree with CP3, he didn't go out and say fire VDN.

The real problem is Blake Griffin. He's overrated. This is the wedge that D-Ferry has to use. Point out to Paul subtlely how overrated his PF is and how having a frontcourt that is not fight for the battle of the playoffs will not win you a first round series. Zebo and Gasol is going nowhere. Asiks is going nowhere. Even Bogut and Lee are going nowhere. IF CP3 stays out West with his punked Frontcourt, they will always be first round victims. He should come East with Horf and D12 and have the best Frontcourt in basketball.

Griffin is better than Horford though. The question is, Horford will be much better than Griffin with CP3 than Griffin is with CP3. Griffin doesn't need CP3. He is better when the offense runs though him plus his defense is poor and doesn't help him at all. Horford is a movement player who 72% of shots are assisted. Horford would be much better with CP3 than anyone in the NBA right now.

Griffin is better than Horford though. The question is, Horford will be much better than Griffin with CP3 than Griffin is with CP3. Griffin doesn't need CP3. He is better when the offense runs though him plus his defense is poor and doesn't help him at all. Horford is a movement player who 72% of shots are assisted. Horford would be much better with CP3 than anyone in the NBA right now.

Nope I disagree

Griffin is overrated

• Like 3

Since he took Jason Kidd and a bunch of Journeymen to the NBA finals... twice.

yeah I remember that. Thinking back on it idk how he did it. Jason Kidd, Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson (rookie), Kenyon Martin (pre-allstar), Jason Collins (lmao). Only guy I remember on their bench was Lucious Harris and he wasnt even that good

Nope I disagree

Griffin is overrated

That's only to people who still think that all he does is dunk. He's miles ahead offensively (as in he can do more than just dunk) and is nearly on par defensively but hey, that dunk over a KIA is overrated so obviously quid pro quo, ipso facto, non-sequitor: Blake must be also.

That's only to people who still think that all he does is dunk. He's miles ahead offensively (as in he can do more than just dunk) and is nearly on par defensively but hey, that dunk over a KIA is overrated so obviously quid pro quo, ipso facto, non-sequitor: Blake must be also.

No I've seen plenty from him and I think he is overrated. Not becuz I think he's just a dunker. But I do think he's easily better than Josh Smith

Edited by Bonkers

Supposedly he only wants to play for a black coach. May just be a rumor, but it's a strange rumor to appear out of thin air. And soon after, Byron Scott is rumored to be their new coach.
Have the clips ever had a black coach? Maybe he just want to be the guy who got the first black coach in clippers historyPlus there's always been that rumor about sterling being a major racist

Have the clips ever had a black coach? Maybe he just want to be the guy who got the first black coach in clippers historyPlus there's always been that rumor about sterling being a major racist

I was thinking that too but I've looked back and they had plenty from Alvin Gentry to Don Chaney. They even had Elgin Baylor as their GM for what seemed like 50 years.I liked a joke I saw on RealGM where Paul probably said "I like Del Negro" but the front office interpreted it as "I'd like a negro"

Anybody hear Shaq mention Chris Paul and the Hawks last night?EJ was reading a Chris Paul tweet about Grant Hill's retirement. In the background, you can hear Shaq saying, "Chris Paul, Atlanta Hawks, here we go." That "here we go" might be "here he comes" or something else -- kind of hard to tell.

I wonder if CP3 is familiar with guys named Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, or Pop. White men might not be able to jump but they sure can coach. Best believe.