• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN First Take discusses CP3 and Dwight to Atlanta

GameTime

Yo If ah can stay here an we add CP3 an' Dwight along wif Big AL....ESPN may gots ta change they tune wif Atlanta. Hell we's may even git an ESPNAtlanta wif 3 legit champ contenders in all three major sports. It would be very difficult ta continue hating on da ATL if we's can pull dis here one off!!! RISE UP ATLANTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

What do we learn today Kids?

ESPN will never ever respect Atlanta sports teams period. They will dogged them and whole nine yards.

But they dont talk about how much money we have or new coach that is coming in or We actually got very good GM, but we are just the "Atlanta Hawks" The most hated team in NBA just because we are boring.

Now your making us sound like Spurs fans... lol

• Moderators

Yo If ah can stay here an we add CP3 an' Dwight along wif Big AL....ESPN may gots ta change they tune wif Atlanta. Hell we's may even git an ESPNAtlanta wif 3 legit champ contenders in all three major sports. It would be very difficult ta continue hating on da ATL if we's can pull dis here one off!!! RISE UP ATLANTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Smoove, is that you? lol Mr. Smith is gonna have to take a huge pay cut and so will CP3 and Dwight to make Smoove/Al/Dwight/CP3 work. Would love to see it, but IDK...

• Premium Member

Hey Smoove! I'm told Danny Ferry

• Like 1

• Moderators

Smoove, if that is you, I'm letting you know I'm your biggest fan here. Posted Image

But really, I see no way that would ever happen unless Smoove and others don't give a damn about money.

Plus we'd likely have to trade Lou for cap space. Smoove would have to play for like $8 mil and then sign Dwight and CP3 at $14 mil next season. Would love to see:

C - Dwight @ $14 mil

PF - Horford @ $12 mil

SF - Smith @ $8.5 mil

SG - Jenkins @ $1.2 mil

PG - CP3 @ $14 mil

Total: $49.7 mil for starters, but I'm sure it isn't that straight-forward.

but I don't see it happening and what comes off the bench after that. You would have Ivan, Scott, and draft picks.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I'm not a fan of either guy but if Ferry did get this done, I'd volunteer to help erect his statue after I bought season tickets.

Not before I buy a chisel to build one first. It would be the biggest ticket sales drive in the team's history.

Is that why Dwight has struggled so bad out there? That could be taken as him having trouble raising his dozen or whatever kids out there or as I originally intended it as Dwight is a child himself.

Dolf, I love this board, and the Hawks. I respect the work you put in....but DAMN! Seeing CP3 and D12 with genuine smiles in a Hawks uni is too much. Nice work....but one can only hope,

Dolf, I love this board, and the Hawks. I respect the work you put in....but DAMN! Seeing CP3 and D12 with genuine smiles in a Hawks uni is too much. Nice work....but one can only hope,

Haha what you'd rather see them in a Hawks uniform looking miserable? A few people tweeted about our new wallpaper but maybe it will get out a little more and CP3 and Dwight will see it. These pictures came from the wallpaper that I did last year and it had a ton of downloads and re-tweets.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/370374-coming-home-2013-smoove-cp3-d12-wallpaper/

Thanks for the kind words too buckeye

Haha what you'd rather see them in a Hawks uniform looking miserable? A few people tweeted about our new wallpaper but maybe it will get out a little more and CP3 and Dwight will see it. These pictures came from the wallpaper that I did last year and it had a ton of downloads and re-tweets.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/370374-coming-home-2013-smoove-cp3-d12-wallpaper/

Thanks for the kind words too buckeye

Nice... !! You do a great job dude....all of us Hawks fans are lucky.

• Like 1

Wow - I had to open my eyes wide to read that - I felt like I was just learning to read...Good one Josh!!!Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Plus we'd likely have to trade Lou for cap space. Smoove would have to play for like $8 mil and then sign Dwight and CP3 at $14 mil next season. Would love to see:

C - Dwight @ $14 mil

PF - Horford @ $12 mil

SF - Smith @ $8.5 mil

SG - Jenkins @ $1.2 mil

PG - CP3 @ $14 mil

Total: $49.7 mil for starters, but I'm sure it isn't that straight-forward.

but I don't see it happening and what comes off the bench after that. You would have Ivan, Scott, and draft picks.

This was handled in multiple threads thus far. If you don't bring back Teague and want to keep Smith add CP3 and Horford they would have to all sign for a little less than 13mil each for the first year.

This is something missing in many of the conversations. The salaries would be 1st year salaries only to meet the cap number. Smith's raises could only be 7.5 % annually and Howard/Paul would be limited to 4.5% annual raises. So 10 for Smith, 14 each for Paul/Howard would do it. But of course there is no chance of that happening. Dumping Williams for a pick would add about 4.7 million to that mix. Regardless, not happening.

I have a question about it, mostly about how much we can pay CP3/D12 and about these two picks

[*]

Draft pick #17 ($1,348,200)

[*]

Draft pick #18 ($1,280,800)

I was reading the CBA breakdown and a question came to my head, what would happen if we can trade out of those picks to move down or out of the first round. Would it improve of how much they can actually give them? I know that Big 3 gets around 14.5 mil (I think) so if we can get lower draft choices, would the Hawks more money to use and to compile more assets along the way?

I know we have a chance for both of them, so I just want to see if there is any other way except trading only 5 folks we have left.

I have a question about it, mostly about how much we can pay CP3/D12 and about these two picks

[*]

[*]

I was reading the CBA breakdown and a question came to my head, what would happen if we can trade out of those picks to move down or out of the first round. Would it improve of how much they can actually give them? I know that Big 3 gets around 14.5 mil (I think) so if we can get lower draft choices, would the Hawks more money to use and to compile more assets along the way?

I know we have a chance for both of them, so I just want to see if there is any other way except trading only 5 folks we have left.

It would save us a little as those would become empty roster spot cap holds which are $490k each, so basically we'd save about $850k each that we could add to the contracts of CP3 and D12 but I would hope that those guys would rather give that up and have a couple of talented rookies on the roster.

The Big 3 started out with contracts around 14.5 million but they're all making $19 million each this year.

[*]

[*]

Yes, Dolfan pretty much explained it. The thing is you can draft two quality backups who can be solid players, with the min, you are looking at NBDL players and old scrubs. So the picks are much better for us.

Read this in relation to D12 and CP3.

Bird rights aren't really an issue if a team can sign him outright to a max contract. All he really loses is the difference between a 7.5% annual raise and a 4.5% annual raise and even then, its only for 2 years. He can opt out of a 4 year deal after 3 and his next contract would have those 7.5% raises.

I see, because I was thinking that we could trade one of those picks for future considerations or get a lower pick like Suns 30th or Cavs 31st pick but I understand now (I would just trade down one of those picks) and we could get some '14 picks as well.

Dolf I have the pic you made last year of cp3 Dwight and smoove as my wallpaper on my laptop. I want to replace it with cp3, Dwight and Horford, do you have one of those? :-)