• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Winter is Coming - Game of Thrones season finale tonight

Admin

Season finale tonight of GoT and it sure seems like it's been a super quick season. Definitely not ready for it to be over so I'll post my favorite GoT related video and observe a moment of sadness about the season ending.

Last episode was uber intense. This episode I see setting up next season more than anything.

"No further details are forthcoming right now, but it's generally accepted that a fourth season will cover the second half of A Storm of Swords, the third book in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series."

Game of thrones is addictive now have to wait til next year for the rest of the craziness..

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

Are you a reader of the books Rucker Park?

Nope. But my buddy who is says this season was supposedly the slowest section of the books. He told me this before the season even started. It is supposed to get crazy from here on out. Personally, I don't like reading fiction. Edited by Ruckus

"No further details are forthcoming right now, but it's generally accepted that a fourth season will cover the second half of A Storm of Swords, the third book in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series."

Game of thrones is addictive now have to wait til next year for the rest of the craziness..

Nope. But my buddy who is says this season was supposedly the slowest section of the books. He told me this before the season even started. It is supposed to get crazy from here on out. Personally, I don't like reading fiction.

This season was a bit slow as far as action goes but there was so much going on it was difficult to keep up with. I'm wondering how many more seasons they're going to get out of this show. My guess would be 3-4 but who knows they might end it in another 2 or stretch it another 6. Sucks that we gotta wait another year now to see the next season after only 10 episodes. I'm not too much into reading fiction either but I am considering reading this series just so I can know what's going to happen.

• Like 1

I typically don't like knowing what is going to happen when it comes to films or a series. To me the random extreme plot elements that have occurred thus far are what has led to my addiction to the show in the first place. I love the suspense but I absolutely agree it sucks having to wait so damn long. At least Breaking Bad comes back soon and The Killing just started back as well.

I typically don't like knowing what is going to happen when it comes to films or a series. To me the random extreme plot elements that have occurred thus far are what has led to my addiction to the show in the first place. I love the suspense but I absolutely agree it sucks having to wait so damn long. At least Breaking Bad comes back soon and The Killing just started back as well.

I'm the same way, but I think there would be the same level of shock value while reading the book as you get in the TV show. I'm just a very impatient person and I'm not sure I want to wait another year for the show LOL.

I'm sad about Breaking Bad only coming back for another short season and then being done but at least it's not too far off now. I've watched the 1st two seasons of The Killing but I'm not sure I'm going to watch the 3rd season as they dragged out that murder for far too long from the 1st season. If they had called in Benson / Stabler, JJ / Morgan, Horatio or even Danny Reagan then that murder would have been solved in an hour or two tops but no these two nimrods had to drag it out for what 25 or so episodes?

BTW Rucker I had no idea what your avatar was and I kept staring and staring and finally had to get the enlarged version of the pic before I could see it clearly. Now it makes sense but before I had no idea. It looked like a sideways naked alien with the camera angle being from the toes up in an upskirt style.

We should have a contest to see if people can figure it out on their own.

I'm the same way, but I think there would be the same level of shock value while reading the book as you get in the TV show. I'm just a very impatient person and I'm not sure I want to wait another year for the show LOL. I'm sad about Breaking Bad only coming back for another short season and then being done but at least it's not too far off now. I've watched the 1st two seasons of The Killing but I'm not sure I'm going to watch the 3rd season as they dragged out that murder for far too long from the 1st season. If they had called in Benson / Stabler, JJ / Morgan, Horatio or even Danny Reagan then that murder would have been solved in an hour or two tops but no these two nimrods had to drag it out for what 25 or so episodes?
Yup I agree. I'm just a cinematography junkie and really like the look, feel, and sound design of it. I agree they dragged it out. It should have been solved first season for sure. I can't tell yet if I like this season or not yet. It seems like it is going to have more of a serial killer type thing going which might be cool.

Yup I agree. I'm just a cinematography junkie and really like the look, feel, and sound design of it. I agree they dragged it out. It should have been solved first season for sure. I can't tell yet if I like this season or not yet. It seems like it is going to have more of a serial killer type thing going which might be cool.

If they can make it anything like a full season version of Criminal Minds then that would be a good thing. I'm a big fan of Holder so he definitely makes the show a lot more interesting. Linden is kind of rough to look at and she's really whiney but I kinda got used to her.

• Like 1

Oh and back on point about GoT how great was that scene with Ramsey where he was eating that pork sausage and him talking about phantom limbs? I think that Ramsey may have been my favorite character of the season, even if he was completely deranged and psychotic... or perhaps because he was!

We should start a dead pool for those who haven't read the books. Who gets killed next season? Tywin? The Hound?

I doubt any more Starks die. It is time for some Lanister death.

We should start a dead pool for those who haven't read the books. Who gets killed next season? Tywin? The Hound?

I doubt any more Starks die. It is time for some Lanister death.

Oh that's a cool idea! Those better not be spoilers you just mentioned though!!

The scene between Tyrion and Tywin after Tywin vs. Joffrey was gold. Lannister GOLD.

Yeah it was! I really like Tyrion and I think if he ever died I'd have a hard time continuing on with the show. Impin ain't easy y'all!

That youtube video was awesome.

Those guys (The Key of Awesome) are amazing and do some incredible spoofs but that's definitely my favorite.

It's like Lord of the Rings but with titties galore

Oh that's a cool idea! Those better not be spoilers you just mentioned though!!

Nope, I've only read about the first 1/2 of the first book and that was years ago.

My daughter and I talk about what is going on the show and what we think is going to happen, so it's all hypothesizing for us.

First death next season:

I can't remember her name, but she's the sister of Reek. She's going to rescue him at the end of the season finally. Reason I think she gets it: You don't go into the process of making someone named Reek and have him come out smelling like a rose. Having the rescue fail only continues his torment, especially if his sister dies in front of him.

Biggest death:

Tywin Lanister. He's killed off 1/2 the Stark clan and now is the time for the Lanisters to start getting it. With Tywin's death, Joffrey is free to be the insane kid-king he wants to be.

So those are my bets.

• Like 3