• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The all new embedded Tweet feature is here!

Admin

By request of Hawksfanatic I coded a new mod to Hawksquawk that allows you to embed Tweets now.

Here is how you do it:

All you gotta do is use the new [ tweet ] https://twitter.com/...423081833500673 [ /tweet] tags, without the spaces around the brackets and you'll get the embedded Tweet. The only downside is that the whole page has to finish loading before the Tweet is updated but it's like that on the page you showed as an example as well.

Alternatively you can click the Twitter bird icon in the editor toolbar and then just paste in the URL to the Tweet. Here is one way to get the status URL of a Tweet:

Right-click on where it shows "x minutes ago" on any Tweet in the Twitter bar on Hawksquawk and copy that URL by whatever means it shows in your browser, such as "Copy Link Address" in Chrome.

This is what it looks like:

• Like 4

• Moderators

testing, one two, one two, testing, one, two...

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

• Moderators

How did I know you'd go dig that one up!

Well you never said anything so I thought you loved it. Posted Image

I reason I hated it is because I didn't understand how to use it... This new way is simple and I approve the change. And so does Barack... because he supports change. Posted Image

ok is it just me or is the text smaller now

Just you, mines fine. Hit CTRL + (+/=) on your keyboard if you want the text to be bigger or CTRL + (-/_) if you want it smaller.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I reason I hated it is because I didn't understand how to use it... This new way is simple and I approve the change. And so does Barack... because he supports change. Posted Image

Just you, mines fine. Hit CTRL + (+/=) on your keyboard if you want the text to be bigger or CTRL + (-/_) if you want it smaller.

Oh man you're asking for it!! Posted ImagePosted Image

BTW there really was no way to do it before other than cut and paste and hope for the best.

It's funny but I posted the 'recipe' on how to do this on the forums of the guys who create this forum software and they were impressed and are probably going to add it to their next release as a built-in option.

It feels like the site slightly resized to something smaller.

Maybe your vision is getting slightly worse?? Posted Image

Testing

Some one help.. Posted Image

Edited by Dolfan23
Edited

Well something is screwy going on with Twitter right now as I can't get a new one to work and the Twitter sidebar isn't loading right now either. That seems to happen from time to time for some reason. Try it again later ATLHawks3 and see if it's working for you but check to see if the Twitter sidebar is working first.

Edit - now it seems to be working again, even though the Twitter sidebar is still teets up. ATLHawks3 you posted everything correctly so don't sweat it, it wasn't you.

• Like 1

Well I see what happened with the Twitter Sidebar, they just decided to go ahead and take down the old widget without any warning. Thankfully I figured that out quick enough and was able to get the sweet new widget working. Now we are Twitterific at Hawksquawk!

This new Twitter sidebar is freaking sweet! They really did a great job of upgrading it and seeing the pictures embedded in it is pretty cool tool.

• Premium Member

I think why it is smaller is that the side bar stuff looks slightly larger and the board in the middle has been slightly shrunk down as a result. At least on my screen. And yes, my eye sight is absolutely horrible but it is because it is so bad that I am sensitive to changes in computer resolution since with my job and college/high school before it I spend at least 10 hours a day in front of a monitor heh.

I think why it is smaller is that the side bar stuff looks slightly larger and the board in the middle has been slightly shrunk down as a result. At least on my screen. And yes, my eye sight is absolutely horrible but it is because it is so bad that I am sensitive to changes in computer resolution since with my job and college/high school before it I spend at least 10 hours a day in front of a monitor heh.

Nothing was shrunken down either. The only thing that changed was the new sidebar has gotten taller, moved down a little and became easier to read. And the wallpaper changed a little bit. Sorry this is affecting you but I don't know what to tell you as nothing in the content area changed at all.