• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about we trade Lou Williams to free up more Cap Space.

JTB

Don't get me wrong I like Lou Williams alot but if I were Ferry I would play possum with him and by that I mean I would be ready to trade Lou away to team that could give us more cap space! I mean the guy has a decent contract for what he's worth so it shouldn't be too hard to trade him away.If ferry can he should sign CP3,D12,Iggy and then trade away Lou.But don't take me serious on this of course but unlike many I think the hawks off season will go like this....CP3-signs for 15m a yearD12-signs for 15m a yearIggy-signs for 8m a yearHorford-makes 12m a year Ferry trades away Lou and keeps Jenkins. That's my prediction on what will happen this off season. Also with that lineup I say John Jenkins will start.In so many words I guess Im trading iggy for Lou but hey in my eyes that makes Howard and Paul want to be here more seeing horford and iggy rather than horford and Lou.....just saying FERRY SPICE IT UP!!!

Edited by JTB

Lou is definitely expendable. 42% FG . . . 37% 3FG . . . and a defensive mismatch on most nights, especially alongside Devin Harris. Plus he went to the FT line far less ( on a per 36 minute basis ) than in past years.

The Hawks have been successful in filling the "volume scorer off the bench" role.

- Lue

- Flip

- Jamal

- Lou

Just trade him off for MarShon Brooks, and let him do it.

• Premium Member

Iggy @ $8 mil = Lou @ $5 mil + 2 vet min guys. Trading three roster spots for one. I'd rather fill the roster than get Iggy. Lou is a great sixth man and who knows who those vet min guys could be...

I extremely doubt Lou goes anywhere. I think Ferry sees him as a long term fixture for the Hawks.

You do realize Lou will be our starting SG or Sixth man next year. Both positions are extremely valuable and he is being paid below market price considering what free agents sign for this era. Jenkins is not ready to assume the role as our sixth man or starting SG next year. Lou is one of the purest shooters in the NBA off the pick/screen. Why would the Hawks deal him for draft picks when they have four?

You do realize Lou will be our starting SG or Sixth man next year. Both positions are extremely valuable and he is being paid below market price considering what free agents sign for this era. Jenkins is not ready to assume the role as our sixth man or starting SG next year. Lou is one of the purest shooters in the NBA off the pick/screen. Why would the Hawks deal him for draft picks when they have four?

Who said trade him for draft picks?! I said more cap space in other words find a team to dump him on and take little to nothing back

What exactly is "little to nothing" in your mind?

I am not sure who he wants to trade one of the best 6th man in the NBA who wants to be here and buy into the system who makes just over 5 million. I am not sure why he wants to do it at all.

If Ferry plays his cards, he can land D12 and CP3 at 17.4 million. If they want Korver back, they can take 15.6 instead.

• Premium Member

Cap Space doesn't play, you know...

People need to realize that if Ferry guts the team and fails to land Howard and/or Paul, he's got nothing but Horford. I doubt Horf will want to play for a rebuilding team when his contract is up.

So please stop dreaming about the divas and let

Cap Space doesn't play, you know...

People need to realize that if Ferry guts the team and fails to land Howard and/or Paul, he's got nothing but Horford. I doubt Horf will want to play for a rebuilding team when his contract is up.

So please stop dreaming about the divas and let

But this is only Lou Williams we're talking about. Some of you act like the dude is the best thing since sliced bread.

So let's say we keep Lou, how many minutes a game does he play, and where does he play, if we land Paul and Howard?

As the starting PG, Chris Paul is going to average 36 or so minutes a game. Lou averaged almost 29 minutes a game last year. If those numbers stay the same, Lou would HAVE to be the backup PG, just so the Hawks can keep some sort of size balance on the floor. So that's 12 minutes as the backup PG.

If Lou averages 29 minutes as the 6th man, we're looking at 6 - 0 . . 175 lbs Chris Paul and 6 - 1 . . 175 lbs Lou Williams playing 17 minutes together in the backcourt? How does that help us against a team like the Indiana Pacers, who can throw 6-2 . . 190 lbs George Hill and 6-5 . . 230 lbs Lance Stephenson at us? Or when they get Granger back, and they move 6-8 . . 220 lbs Paul George to the 2?

In reality, the Hawks don't need a 6th man the size of Lou Williams. We need a 6th man that can play the SG or SF spot. Even if we don't land Paul and Howard, but bring back Teague, the same thing will apply. You're going to have 6-1 . . 175 lbs Lou Williams and 6-2 . . 180 lbs Jeff Teague having to play a significant amount of minutes together. Neither can guard a decent 2 guard.

Those undersized lineups can win games vs lesser teams, but they'd get destroyed in the playoffs when the competition and the game play gets a lot rougher.

But this is only Lou Williams we're talking about. Some of you act like the dude is the best thing since sliced bread. So let's say we keep Lou, how many minutes a game does he play, and where does he play, if we land Paul and Howard? As the starting PG, Chris Paul is going to average 36 or so minutes a game. Lou averaged almost 29 minutes a game last year. If those numbers stay the same, Lou would HAVE to be the backup PG, just so the Hawks can keep some sort of size balance on the floor. So that's 12 minutes as the backup PG. If Lou averages 29 minutes as the 6th man, we're looking at 6 - 0 . . 175 lbs Chris Paul and 6 - 1 . . 175 lbs Lou Williams playing 17 minutes together in the backcourt? How does that help us against a team like the Indiana Pacers, who can throw 6-2 . . 190 lbs George Hill and 6-5 . . 230 lbs Lance Stephenson at us? Or when they get Granger back, and they move 6-8 . . 220 lbs Paul George to the 2? In reality, the Hawks don't need a 6th man the size of Lou Williams. We need a 6th man that can play the SG or SF spot. Even if we don't land Paul and Howard, but bring back Teague, the same thing will apply. You're going to have 6-1 . . 175 lbs Lou Williams and 6-2 . . 180 lbs Jeff Teague having to play a significant amount of minutes together. Neither can guard a decent 2 guard. Those undersized lineups can win games vs lesser teams, but they'd get destroyed in the playoffs when the competition and the game play gets a lot rougher.

Yep, nothing wrong with trading him for cap space if the space is needed to sign better talent. Also nothing wrong with keeping him as a back up either. It's Lou Williams.