2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the #something Pick, MrNique selects: TREY BURKE, PG So many ways to go here as my draft board has plateaued a little. Since I was one of the last people to take a PG, figure I'll back my guy up with some youth. Only saw him play a few times, but I loved his fight. Seems like a winner to me that should excel in the NBA despite his size. A good P&R guy. Welcome aboard!PG - Jeff Teague - Trey BurkeSG - Andre IguodolaSF - Paul GeorgePF - Dirk NowitzkiC - Joakim Noah - Omer Asik

• Like 1

• Moderators

With what IS the 124th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Andrei Kirilenko, Small Forward/Power Forward, 6’9”, 227 lbs.

“The Lethal Injections: We’re Young, Dumb… and Full of WIN!”

Unfortunately, we need more of a veteran presence in our lineup. Fortunately, Andrei Kirilenko has been around the block a few times, and insists he has plenty left to offer at the ripe age of 32. Despite an injury-checkered past, he rejunvenated his game in Mother Russia (with CSKA Moscow, the 2012 FIBA Europe Player of the Year) and in Minnesota. Now, the one-time NBA All-Star hopes to latch onto a squad for a few seasons and impart some time-tested wisdom on some yung’uns along the way.

While he’s here, he adds the dimension of defensive coverage across multiple positions on the floor. AK-47 is one of just 14 NBA ballers (and the last one remaining in this SAD draft) who averaged at least one block and one steal per contest in 2012-13. Plus he managed this feat while fouling just 1.3 times per game, by far the lowest of this subset.

Andrei has never been a reliable perimeter shooter, just 29.2 percent on threes with the Timberwolves last season, but just like certain 911 dispatchers would advise, we don’t need him to do that. Even with that poor percentage he managed to find his spots and shoot a career-high 50.7 FG% for the Wolves last season, providing his highest scoring (12.4 PPG) and rebounding (5.7 RPG) averages since his heydays in Utah from 2003-2006. His precision with flex offenses, honed in during his youthful days in the Beehive State, brings a sense of discipline to the Injections' offensive strategies.

Defensively, he can help out on the interior, with rebounding and deflecting opponent shots and passes, when the other frontcourt players step out of the paint. He also offers up length, along with Hayward, that allows the Injections to shift to a big lineup, making shots and drives difficult for opponents on the wings. His feet aren’t as quick as they once were in Utah, but his “Jazz hands” still are.

While Kirilenko’s an invaluable tool, the Injection coaching staff has to be careful not to overutilize him, lest they risk the flare-up of nagging injuries, like the calf strains he suffered through in mid-season while trying to hold the Wolves together without key teammates. There will be sufficient depth to provide him optimal minutes at multiple positions without wearing him down. As a certain rapper might attest, it occasionally may even be possible for the Injections to have a good day without using him.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal

SF – Gordon Hayward/Andrei Kirilenko

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins

The incomparable coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

With the 125th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Fantasy Draft The Perfect Balance III selects Carlos Boozer. I hope he has not already been picked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU2elbqLj3c

Boozer is still a rebounding machine at 31 years old. Last year he averaged 9.8 rpg and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes. For only the 2nd time in his 11 year career his FG% dipped below 50%. That may have been due to the lack of a PG to set him up. He is an excellent pick and roll PF, with a wide body to set screens, the ability to hit the mid range shot, and can roll to the basket to finish strong. He is an excellent mentor for the young Anthony Davis. His toughness, grit, and veteran savy will mix well with any roster. He is already looking forward to running into Lebron James in the playoffs so he can give him another good hard foul. My team is looking forward to adding nis "nastiness" and "edge." Boozer and Pekovic are 2 bulls in a china shop.

PG - Damian Lillard

SG/SF - Joe Johnson

SG/SF - Kobe Bryant / Otto Porter

PF - Anthony Davis - Carlos Boozer

C - Nikola Pekovic

Pusher Man is being PM'd.

• Like 1

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde/sultanofatl - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde/sultanofatl - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

29. Alex - Rajon Rondo

30. AHF - Dwayne Wade

31. AtlHawk3 - David Lee

32. Diesel - Nikola Vucevic

33. Buzzard - Chandler Parsons

34. KB21 - Serge Ibaka

35. jy23 - Greg Monroe

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Chris Bosh

Third Round

37. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Jrue Holliday

38. jy23 - Ty Lawson

39. KB21 - Tyson Chandler

40. Buzzard - Mike Conley

41. Diesel - Zach Randolph

42. AtlHawk3 - Tim Duncan

43. AHF - Luol Deng
44. Alex - Josh Smith

45. Colin/Macecase - Larry Sanders

46. Dolfan - Nerlens Noel

47. alejandro09 - Jeff Green

48. JayBirdHawk - Klay Thompson

49. northcyde/sultanofatl - Kenneth Faried

50. capstone - Nicholas Baturm

51. MrNique - Andre Iguodala

52. Lethalweapon3 - Kemba Walker

53. coachx - Kobe Bryant

54. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Rudy Gay

Fourth Round

55. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Derrick Favors

56. coachx - Nikola Pekovic

57. lw3 - Bradley Beal

58. MrNique - Jeff Teague

59. capstone - Marcin Gortat

60. northcyde/sultanofatl - Danny Green

61. JayBirdHawk - Jimmy Butler

62. alejandro09 - Harrison Barnes

63. Dolfan - Andre Drummond

64. Colin/Macecase - Danilo Gallinari

65. Alex - JJ Hickson

66. AHF - Brandon Jennings

67. AtlHawk3 - Thaddeus Young

68. Diesel - O.J. Mayo

69. Buzzard - Tyreke Evans

70. KB21 - George Hill

71. jy23 - SKIPPED / Bismack Biyombo

72. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Eric Gordon

Fifth Round

73. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Spencer Hawes

74. jy23 - SKIPPED / Reggie Evans

75. KB21 - Tiago Splitter

76. Buzzard - Irsan Ilyasova

77. Diesel - Maurice Harkless

78. AtlHawk3 - J.R. Smith

79. AHF - Jonas Valauciunas
80. Alex - Kevin Martin

81. Colin/Macecase - Iman Shumpert

82. Dolfan - Paul Pierce

83. alejandro09 - DeAndre Jordan

84. JayBirdHawk - Ryan Anderson

85. northcyde/sultanofatl - Eric Bledsoe

86. capstone - Tobias Harris

87. MrNique - Omer Asik

88. Lethalweapon3 - Gordon Heyward

89. coachx - Joe Johnson

90. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Kyle Lowry

Sixth Round

91. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar DeRozan

92. coachx - Otto Porter

93. lw3 -Tristan Thompson

94. MrNique - Dirk Nowitzki

95. capstone - Wesley Matthews

96. northcyde/sultanofatl - Monta Ellis

97. JayBirdHawk - Gregg Popovich

98. alejandro09 - Mark Jackson

99. Dolfan - David West

100. Colin/Macecase - Andray Blatche

101. Alex - Goran Dragic

102. AHF - Kevin Garnett

103. AtlHawk3 - Pau Gasol

104. Diesel - Jamal Crawford

105. Buzzard - Paul Millsap

106. KB21 - Tabo Sefolosha

107. jy23 - SKIPPED / Avery Bradley

108. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Marcus Thornton

Seventh Round

109. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Rick Carlisle

110. jy23 - SKIPPED / Jared Dudley

111. KB21 - Amir Johnson

112. Buzzard - Victor Oladipo

113. Diesel - Greivis Vasquez

114. AtlHawk3 - Evan Turner

115. AHF - Enes Kanter
116. Alex - Andrew Bogut

117. Colin/Macecase - Kyle Korver

118. Dolfan - Andrew Bynum

119. alejandro09 - Earl Clark

120. JayBirdHawk - Javale McGee

121. northcyde/sultanofatl - Gerald Wallace

122. capstone - Anderson Varejao

123. MrNique - Trey Burk

124. Lethalweapon3 - Andrei Kirilenko

125. coachx - Carlos Boozer

126. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

Sixth Round

127. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

128. coachx -

129. lw3 -

130. MrNique -

131. capstone -

132. northcyde/sultanofatl -

133. JayBirdHawk -

134. alejandro09 -

135. Dolfan -

136. Colin/Macecase -

137. Alex -

138. AHF -

139. AtlHawk3 -

140. Diesel -

141. Buzzard -

142. KB21 -

143. jy23 -

144. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

• Moderators

With the 125th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Fantasy Draft The Perfect Balance III selects Carlos Boozer. I hope he has not already been picked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU2elbqLj3c Boozer is still a rebounding machine at 31 years old. Last year he averaged 9.8 rpg and 11 rebounds per 36 minutes. For only the 2nd time in his 11 year career his FG% dipped below 50%. That may have been due to the lack of a PG to set him up. He is an excellent pick and roll PF, with a wide body to set screens, the ability to hit the mid range shot, and can roll to the basket to finish strong. He is an excellent mentor for the young Anthony Davis. His toughness, grit, and veteran savy will mix well with any roster. He is already looking forward to running into Lebron James in the playoffs so he can give him another good hard foul. My team is looking forward to adding nis "nastiness" and "edge." Boozer and Pekovic are 2 bulls in a china shop. PG - Damian LillardSG/SF - Joe JohnsonSG/SF - Kobe Bryant / Otto PorterPF - Anthony Davis - Carlos BoozerC - Nikola Pekovic Pusher Man is being PM'd.

That was my guy... Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Change of plans since Boozer and JaVale were taken...

With the 126th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

MONTA ELLIS, SG

Posted Image

With this pick I am getting a dynamic 2 guard and one of the best players... What? ... Monta already been taken? ... Seriously? ... Well, I understand because Monta have it all. Well, I have to say that sultan got the steal of the draft. In that case I select:

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE, PF

Posted Image

With this pick, I get a stretch 4 that can stretch the floor. He has a nice mid-range game and can plays above the rim. His athelicism has dimished since his days in Phoenix, but he can still run the floor and play good defense. He hasn't played much in the pass year and is famous for punching a fire extinguisher box thus cutting his hand. With the right coach and the right role for A'mare, I expect him to be a great pickup nonetheless. 14.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.7 bpg, and a PER of 22.16 in small number of games he played. Had W/S of 2.7, with 2.1 being offensive, 0.6 being defensive. Only 26 games played last season.

Next pick forthcoming... lol

• Like 1

I was kind of shocked he was still available. I kept looking over rounds 4,5, and 6 to be sure he was still on the board. So that pick was easy.

Well, with your back to back picks I truely hope you take 2 of the 6 guys I want next . Right now I'm so coflicted on 6 players that I would have have a hard time making a decision on which 1 to draft. If you pick 2 of them then that would make my decision much easier.

Please help me out and take 2 of the 4 off the board !

Well you didn't take any of the guys I want.

I have a trade to shop until 5:00 PM EST. I believe the rules are we can trade draft picks as long an equal # of picks are exchanged. So you can trade 2 picks for 2 picks but you can't trade 3 picks for 2 picks.

I have trade package to offer

2nd pick in 6th round + 17th pick in 7th round

for

Another teams 6th round and 7th round picks

• Moderators

With the 127th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

TOM THIBODEAU, HC

Posted Image

Head Coach Tom Thibodeau standing in front of PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" trophy case.

With this pick, I select one of the best coaches in the league. A guy that took a mediocre 30-win Bulls team and turned them into the number one seed in the East. Known to be able to get every ounce of energy and effort (sip sip) out of his players, his Bulls team is known for hard-work, blue-collar basketball with zero quit. I believe he is the perfect head coach for Birds of a Feather.

• Like 1

Forget holding up the draft for a trade.

I'm going to ignore metrics and go with my gut here.

With the 128th pick in the 2013 Summer Hawksquawk Franchise Draft I select Brandon Knight.

At just 21 years old, the 6'3'' Knight has the length and athletic ability to play in the backcourt with Lillard while Kobe Bryant gets healthy. He has long arms and high hops. He played last season on 2 bad wheels but was still productive. He is taking the summer offer to heal the plantar faciatis in his feet. He can play PG as well as some SG with the ability to play, with Lillard, off the ball as an excellent catch and shoot player. When healthy he can slash to the rim and space the floor with his shot. He has the physical attributes to be an excellent defensive player. My gut just tells me to ignore the metrics and go with the eye test. This guy has the potential to take a giant step this year. Since he has the physical traits to play both guard positions I'm picking him over some other guards who can really only defend PGs.

Right now every player on my team, except Pekovic, can play multiple positions.

I drafted him last year and he dissapointed due to injury. I'm sticking with my gut and taking him again.

LW3 is now being PM'd.

PG - Damian Lillard / Brandon Knight

SG/SF - Joe Johnson

SG/SF - Kobe Bryant / Otto Porter

PF - Anthony Davis / Carlos Boozer

C - Nikola Pekovic

Edited by coachx