• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

With the 129th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select...

Posted Image

Martell Webster, Small Forward/Shooting Guard, 6’7”, 235 lbs.

“Danger, Will Robinson, DANGER! Free Agents after a Career Year! Danger!”

I think Martell Webster is worth the risk that, no, he won’t win the Bobby Simmons Award. The Injections need a perimeter shooter off the bench, and this Webster cat fills the bill.

One of the last of the Straight Outta High School phenoms from the 2005 Draft, he’s now an 8-year veteran at the ripe young age of 26. And he’s just now coming into his own in Chocolate City, among the few free agents blessed with a sweet visit from an NBA club on July 1.

Upping your three-point shooting from 33.9% the prior season to 42.2% will get you an early-morning knock or two. In fact, Webster (49.3%) and his Injection teammate Bradley Beal (50%) ranked sixth and fourth last season, respectively in corner 3-point FG% (minimum 50 attempts). These two, together on the floor or individually, can help spread the floor, and can be deadly coming off screens.

Defensively, he provides yet another long frame at the wing that, together with Kirilenko and Hayward, will prove problematic for many opposing slashers and shooters, or at least for organizers of the next Hands Across America fundraiser.

Martell also has the intangible of being a gregarious press room favorite, drawing raves for his locker room demeanor and his sound bytes in what had historically been a smoldering Wizards locker room. His levity will be quite welcome alongside well-established mopers like DeMarcus Cousins. See his recent comments regarding John Wall in the ESPN Body Issue for a sample of silliness.

Webster has long had midsection injuries holding him back, but appears ready for a stable back end to his career. He is an engaging personality who is no longer a laughing matter on the court.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal/Martell Webster

SF – Gordon Hayward/Andrei Kirilenko

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins

The precocious MrNique has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

Ok, in a hurry as I'm running out the door, but with #something pick, MrNique selects: BEN MCLEMORE, SG Young SG with a good stroke as I continue this round of the snake with another Rookie. Adding some youth with upside to my Chamipionship team.PG - Jeff Teague - Trey BurkeSG - Andre Iguodola - Ben McLemoreSF - Paul GeorgePF - Dirk NowitzkiC - Joakim Noah - Omer AsikCoach - Still Scouting...

• Like 2

• Admin

MrNique took my pick so Capstone's Crew Selects

Raymond Felton PG

Versatile point guard who can get up and down the court quick. He will be a change of pace player when he comes into the game. He is a very willing passer and has great court vision. He can also bring some scoring and can hit the three...Ray Ray can even play some SG next to Deron.

Team Break Yo Self! selects:

JJ Redick

Dynamic shooter who will hedge my bets on poor nights from Monta. Defensively I have enough guys to support him when he is in the game and I know he won't be a malcontent off the pine.

F-Melo

F-Kenneth Faried

C-Al Jefferson

G- Eric Bledsoe

G- Monta Ellis

Bench- Gerald Wallace, JJ Redick

JB has been notified

Edited by sultanofatl
  • Like 1

Wow my turn came so quick, I have no write up.The JayBird 'Fighting' Hawks select:Jarret Jack PG.He had a stellar season in GS and would be a great backup for when Kyrie gets injured (he better not). PG - Kyrie Irving/Jarret JackSG - Klay ThompsonSF - Jimmy ButlerPF - Ryan AndersonC - Roy Hibbert/Javale McGee.Aleajandro09 PM'd

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Wow my turn came so quick, I have no write up.The JayBird 'Fighting' Hawks select:Jarret Jack PG.He had a stellar season in GS and would be a great backup for when Kyrie gets injured (he better not).PG - Kyrie Irving/Jarret JackSG - Klay ThompsonSF - Jimmy ButlerPF - Ryan AndersonC - Roy Hibbert/Javale McGee.Aleajandro09 PM'd

Excellent pick !

I strongly considered Jack with my last pick. I wanted a PG big enough to play some SG too. I love Jack's versitility of being able to run the point or space the floor as a catch and shoot off guard. His shooting has really improved.

At the end of the day I took Knight b/c of being 9 years younger but Jack is the guy I would want lacing them up with me if the game were tonight.

With the 135th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Tony Allen, SG - 6'4' 215 lbs
Posted Image

In the 8th round there's really not much more that a guy can hope for, other than to have a 1st team all defensive player fall into his lap and the Dynasty are thrilled that our man we took last year in 6th round is still here. He's a guy that you can put on the opposing teams best perimeter player and he's going to shut him down. "But Dolfan he can't possibly shut down a guy like Kevin Durant, can he?", you say. Why yes, yes he can.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOwqN4ajl8

Yes folks, perhaps the most underrated player in the game can indeed defend any perimeter player and considering he will come off of my bench behind another incredible defender in Kawhi Leonard I'm quite confident that he shut down any of your bench players. There will be a lot of opportunity for him to be on the court together with Kawhi when Pierce needs a breather and we go with Tony at the 2 and Kawhi at the 3.

Current Team
PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Kawhi Leonard / Tony Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - David West / Nerlens Noel
C - Andre Drummond / Andrew Bynum
Grand Maester MaceCase will be PM'd
Posted Image
  • Like 2

• Moderators

If my math is correct then I am on the clock at 10:32 AM, right? JayBird you did PM Alejandro, correct?

If Alejandro's PM was at 4:32 PM EST and the clock stopped at 10 PM EST and started at 7 AM EST, then your clock started at 9:32 AM EST. (EDIT: Whoops, never mind!)

~lw3

Edited by Dolfan23

If Alejandro's PM was at 4:32 PM EST and the clock stopped at 10 PM EST and started at 7 AM EST, then your clock started at 9:32 AM EST. (EDIT: Whoops, never mind!)

~lw3

I don't know I keep getting screwed up being in a different time zone than you guys... either way Alejandro missed his pick and I made mine :)

Strange because Alejandro was on during the day yesterday after JayBizzle made her pick too.