• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you go to the draft if you could?

DatWerkk

Thursday's draft is about a 15 minute walk from my house. Tickets in the 200 level are still available and sell for about $30 each. If you were in my shoes, would you go? Or would you watch from home?League wide, draft night is starting to look like it might be exciting with all the possible trades that have been rumored. But is it going to be that great for us? And more importantly, will I be missing out on all the Twitter and message board gossip??Have any of you been to an NBA draft? Is it a fun experience?

• Like 1

Thursday's draft is about a 15 minute walk from my house. Tickets in the 200 level are still available and sell for about $30 each. If you were in my shoes, would you go? Or would you watch from home?League wide, draft night is starting to look like it might be exciting with all the possible trades that have been rumored. But is it going to be that great for us? And more importantly, will I be missing out on all the Twitter and message board gossip??Have any of you been to an NBA draft? Is it a fun experience?

I have made the trek to two Big Ten Football Championships and plan on going to the SEC Football Championship next season. You just added to my bucket list of sporting events to see in the next ten years!

Answer: Hell Yes!

I have a question, could you hear the ESPN guys saying stuff over the P.A. System? Or would you just sit there, spend about 2-3 hours waiting for Stern or Silver to make the announcement? If the second choice, you might as well stay home.

It's fun if you are in a section with lots of other fans of your team talking smack to Stern and the ESPN crew. Seeing as it would just be you and me.....not so much. I'd honestly recommend against it unless you got a guy you really like that you wan't to see or you are repping with your alma mater's fanbase....if said base is larger than the Hawks contingent. ....Although things might be different now, last and only experience I had was back in 03' I think with Bron, Melo and em and I bounced once ZZiZii Carbohydrate was called.

Stay home, grab some buds and join the chat. Won't be there but at least you'll have fun with other Hawks fans from the comfort of your home.

I have a question, could you hear the ESPN guys saying stuff over the P.A. System? Or would you just sit there, spend about 2-3 hours waiting for Stern or Silver to make the announcement? If the second choice, you might as well stay home.

My understanding is that we can hear and see the broadcast in the arena. Otherwise I agree with you, there's no way I'd go.For the record I'm leaning towards not going for the some of the reasons y'all mention. It'll be a bunch of Knicks/Nets/Celtics fans and probably zero other Hawks fans. There is only maybe one player in the draft I have any connection to (Glen Rice Jr, Georgia Tech). But then again like phoostal said, it's something I could say I did. Decisions, decisions!

My understanding is that we can hear and see the broadcast in the arena. Otherwise I agree with you, there's no way I'd go.For the record I'm leaning towards not going for the some of the reasons y'all mention. It'll be a bunch of Knicks/Nets/Celtics fans and probably zero other Hawks fans. There is only maybe one player in the draft I have any connection to (Glen Rice Jr, Georgia Tech). But then again like phoostal said, it's something I could say I did. Decisions, decisions!

Think of all the smack you could talk if one, we moved ahead of the Celtics to take someone they liked; and two, I would be sure and wish them future luck with Josh Smith!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1