• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have extended a Q/O to Teague

ATLscrubLove

The way some of you talk one would think Jeff Teague was on Royal Ivey or Acie Law status smh

Naw, he can be a top 50 player but he's a Bobby Jackson type of guard. He's no starting PG. He can be one of those elite off the bench guards.

• Premium Member

I don't think we have enough people who realize just how good the depth is at PG in the NBA now. Jeff isn't anything more than an average starter if that. I absolutely do not want to pay him 6-8 million a year to be average. Average starters is what kept us as a treadmill team. No thanks.

Dennis is the pg of the future, make no mistake. He won't be ready until he can grasp the Budenholzer offense which will be a while. Jeff was only asked to be aggressive and find the open shooters under Drew.

He will be now asked to run a ball club like Tony Parker. Jeff is ahead of the game but DS is going to be on his heels. His learning curve is not as steep as Teagues. Already playing in a pro league with grown man running the show. He was the one running the entire team with the best young foreign basketball players in the world against the best amateur players in the U.S. He did very well, I like his odds vs. Jeff in the next 2-3 years.

Treat yourself to what to expect from the near future.

Dennis is the pg of the future, make no mistake. He won't be ready until he can grasp the Budenholzer offense which will be a while. Jeff was only asked to be aggressive and find the open shooters under Drew.

He will be now asked to run a ball club like Tony Parker. Jeff is ahead of the game but DS is going to be on his heels. His learning curve is not as steep as Teagues. Already playing in a pro league with grown man running the show. He was the one running the entire team with the best young foreign basketball players in the world against the best amateur players in the U.S. He did very well, I like his odds vs. Jeff in the next 2-3 years.

Treat yourself to what to expect from the near future.

Notice at 1:30 he finishes a layup using his off leg in traffic. I've been trying that but can't shake a bad injury feeling when I put pressure using the other leg to jump.

• Moderators

Oh, and I love Teague. He is a scorer with great driving ability and has improved his passing and 3pt shooting, but he still doesn't take over control and doesn't have great court vision. Also, his defense diminished last season. With that said, I hope he accepts his QO and holds out until next offseason when we can give what he deserves... About 4 yr/ $26 mil.

I don't think we have enough people who realize just how good the depth is at PG in the NBA now. Jeff isn't anything more than an average starter if that. I absolutely do not want to pay him 6-8 million a year to be average. Average starters is what kept us as a treadmill team. No thanks.

People are failing to realize how competitive you have to be at point guard these days. For them to wait until the last hour almost and not give him the QO months ago or whenever the earliest they could have kinda of tells of the direction they want to go at pg. Wouldn't surprise me if they go after a J. Jack and try to move Teague. Don't see it happening that way but it would be no surprise at all.

Oh, and I love Teague. He is a scorer with great driving ability and has improved his passing and 3pt shooting, but he still doesn't take over control and doesn't have great court vision. Also, his defense diminished last season. With that said, I hope he accepts his QO and holds out until next offseason when we can give what he deserves... About 4 yr/ $26 mil.

His defense is still what it has always been. Good on ball defender. Terrible PnR defender, and average defensive BBIQ. I think he is underrated to some degree but he gets exposed as a starter on offense and defense.

People are failing to realize how competitive you have to be at point guard these days. For them to wait until the last hour almost and not give him the QO months ago or whenever the earliest they could have kinda of tells of the direction they want to go at pg. Wouldn't surprise me if they go after a J. Jack and try to move Teague. Don't see it happening that way but it would be no surprise at all.

I honestly think Dennis could give us more than Jeff as a starter this year. True PG. Great at PnR. Tony Parker started 72 games as a 19 year old rookie and helped his team to the 2nd round as a rookie. Brandon Jennings was a 2009–10 NBA 1st Team All-Rookie (unanimous selection). I have no doubt Dennis could be more impactful than Teague. Sorry guys but Dennis will make life a lot easier for Horf, Teague doesn't.

I don't see why people don't like Jeff. What PG can we get to average better than 14 and 7 next year? He's a good defender and a good free throw shooter. If Teague improves more on his jump shot and plays more aggressive, he may have a shot at the all star game.

I don't see why people don't like Jeff. What PG can we get to average better than 14 and 7 next year? He's a good defender and a good free throw shooter. If Teague improves more on his jump shot and plays more aggressive, he may have a shot at the all star game.

It's because of the way he plays. Has little PG skills. Has average BBIQ. Doesn't take command of the offense. His teammates don't respect him. He can't run a PnR well at all and get's the screener into foul trouble by lacking timing, patience, or understanding. He uses the PnR to create his own offense like Jamal. His PnR defense is awful at best. His defensive BBIQ is average. He is a talented player. One who could be a top 50 player. But with his lack of PG skills, command of the offense, and PnR defense he might be best as a 25-28MPG super sub instead of a starter for any NBA team.

Edited by Leadership

Are you kidding me....Teague will absolutely be our point guard next year....depending how well Schröder comes along. In fact he would make a great trade chip in Feb at the very least

Think for a minute. We didn't just spend a very important pick on a supremely talented, yet raw, PG in order to have him rot in Europe or on the Hawks bench for 3 years. Cause unless Teague signs the QO, the only way he's coming back to Atlanta for at least 3 years and in that situation he will get starters money and we aren't benching a guy making 7-8 million.

And no I don't think expect or want Schröder starting at PG next year unless we go full tank, in which we should trade Horford as well. I'm just stating I will be surprised if Teague is the PG for more than 1 year, if at all.

Kimsey thank you for providing that video! Very long video to watch so for any of you who want to download it for offline use, here is the link.

The file is 1 GB so make sure to right-click the link and save the target or link and be prepared to wait a while unless you've got amazing download speeds. You'll need an FLV viewer to watch it, but there are a ton of those out there for free. Riva FLV viewer is my favorite.

Jeff can play his position at a very high level. Bottom line, he is not a tweener and can play both ends of the floor. No GM in his right mind lets a player like Jeff just walk.

Jeff can play his position at a very high level. Bottom line, he is not a tweener and can play both ends of the floor. No GM in his right mind lets a player like Jeff just walk.

When is he going to start playing the defensive side of the ball? Or start really creating shots for his teammates on offense?

• Like 1

When is he going to start playing the defensive side of the ball? Or start really creating shots for his teammates on offense?

Him being at the top of the key with the ability ( threat ) of shooting a three or getting just about anywhere he wants to on the floor, creates space every possession. And he may not be a lock down defender, his quicks are enough to bother even the best PGs in the league.

Him being at the top of the key with the ability ( threat ) of shooting a three or getting just about anywhere he wants to on the floor, creates space every possession. And he may not be a lock down defender, his quicks are enough to bother even the best PGs in the league.

He has the quickness and speed, but he doesn't have the cojones to be a good defender. I can't remember the last time he even slowed down a good PG, let alone stopped him.