• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets Getting Comfortable

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

The Houston Rockets are prepared to discuss Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin in trade talks, according to sources.

The Rockets are confident of their chances of signing Howard and are making contingency plans on how to build around him.

"They already have him, if you talk to them," one league source said.

The Philadelphia 76ers could be a destination for Asik.

Lin was not invited to the Rockets' meeting with Howard.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228495/Rockets-Prepared-To-Trade-Lin-Asik-As-Confidence-In-Chance-With-Howard-Increase

Ferry knows what to push.

You get to play with one of the best PF's in the NBA who plays offense and defense. We can sign Devin Harris or start our super teenage PG in Dennis. We can sign Iggy or resign Smoove. We can resign Korver and play him at the SG with Jenkins coming off the bench. We can develop Bebe to be a solid backup for you. We have solid depth at all positions. We have a top tier 6th man in Lou Williams.

Homecoming glory.

• Like 1

funny being that he told them no last year. I know it got them Harden but if there is not news on him agreeing by 2am... We'll see who will be laughing.

By 2am on what day? He's going to be meeting several teams, including us, and he won't be making his intentions known until July 10th (I believe is the date).

I know you've believed this was going to happen for a while and honestly I'm going to be just as disappointed for you as I am for the Hawks when he signs with the Rockets. On the bright side for you, you won't have to hear about him every day like I will.

They gave up on Lin quickly.

By 2am on what day? He's going to be meeting several teams, including us, and he won't be making his intentions known until July 10th (I believe is the date).

I know you've believed this was going to happen for a while and honestly I'm going to be just as disappointed for you as I am for the Hawks when he signs with the Rockets. On the bright side for you, you won't have to hear about him every day like I will.

Word will probably get out before the 10th.

Who is going to trade for Lin with that huge 3rd year on his contract? I think that will be a hard deal to make honestly.If they do get him I wouldn't totally be against us trying for Asik. Btw, did anyone see what Robison went for? Two 2nds.. That's a steal for a lottery player. Wow!

Asik's last year of his contract is huge. Third year. Maybe we could trade Smoove for Asik and Garcia. He's a decent SF and can play defense. Thoughts

No I would want more than Asik and I'm not interested in Garcia. Asik's cap number in the final year is the same as it was last year and this year, a flat 8.3 million I believe, but in real dollars he'll be getting 15 in that last year and I'd worry about the ASG balking at that. But if we did decide to do it, then they'd have to give us one of the young kids in addition to Asik.

• Moderators

Asik's last year of his contract is huge. Third year. Maybe we could trade Smoove for Asik and Garcia. He's a decent SF and can play defense. Thoughts

They've already declined Garcia's option. He is a free agent.

The Houston Rockets will not pick up contract options Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino and Francisco Garcia.

Brooks appeared in 7 games for the Rockets in 2012-13 after joining the team on Mar. 5.

Delfino played in 67 games during his one-year tenure with the Rockets.

Garcia was acquired by the Rockets in a sign-and-trade with the Sacramento Kings on Feb. 21, 2013.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228173/Rockets-Will-Decline-Options-On-Brooks-Delfino-Garcia

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good to know. At some point down the road we could pick Delfino up cheaply and use him as a Korver-type shooter. Plus he's stronger and plays better defense than KK.

Good to know. At some point down the road we could pick Delfino up cheaply and use him as a Korver-type shooter. Plus he's stronger and plays better defense than KK.

I would take Delfino every day of the week over Korver. I love KK but Delfino is a better all around player.

I would take Delfino every day of the week over Korver. I love KK but Delfino is a better all around player.

I'll take Korver. While everything you said is right, I think Korver is the best off the ball 3 point shooter in the NBA and that's what you need when you have D12. He is not as good as a 3pt shooter as Steph is, no one is but Korver is as good as anyone we had in the NBA. Otherwise, I would take Delfino.