• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blazers talking to Zaza Pachulia

The Hawksfan

Well, he's gone on record as saying he wants to come back. He loves it here and this is where he wants to be, and personally I love Zaza and just hope both sides can come to an amenable agreement so as to keep him in Atlanta.

Hell, other than Smoove, Zaza is our longest tenured Hawk, been here eight seasons now. He's become a mainstay, and at 29 years old, I'd wager he's not quite done just yet, bone spurs and achilles injuries aside.

I love the fricken warrior mentality, despite any physical limitations or deficiencies to his game. The guy always brings it, never ceases to play hard, and battles his ass off every moment out there, and those are highly valuable traits in and of themselves.

He's a sentimental favorite of mine, and I will never forget him standing up to Kevin Garnett in game 6 of the 2008 playoffs, Garnett "Mr. Superstar" doing his usual routine, playing dirty with jagged elbows flying everywhere and mostly getting away with it because very few would ever stand up, but here comes unknown Zaza, and he sure as hell did stand up like none other had before. He got right up in Garnett's fricken grill and called him on that shit, and revealed the fact that Kevin Garnett was just a paper tiger, as 'the superstar' backed down to this 'nobody' from the Republic of Georgia.

An indelible moment in Hawks history, and how the crowd roared, and how it made me feel so proud for him, for us, for hope, and how that made him a beloved player to me.

• Like 4

I don't think we are bringing Zaza back. We did draft two centers after all and the second round pick screams backup big man to me.

I think we should bring back either Zaza or Ivan...unless we really are in full tank mode. I seriously doubt we are going to get much out of the Brazillian Beanpole or the Bucknell Baller next year...at least we can't count on it.

I think we should bring back either Zaza or Ivan...unless we really are in full tank mode. I seriously doubt we are going to get much out of the Brazillian Beanpole or the Bucknell Baller next year...at least we can't count on it.

I don't think Ferry would mind bringing Zaza in for the minimum.

I don't think Ferry would mind bringing Zaza in for the minimum.

Well he certainly won't be a vetmin...you can forget about that.

I would guess that Zaza, Ivan, and Korver will all be a little more coveted around the league than many expect - these are guys who have specific things that other teams will need (inside toughness/shooting), even if they aren't starters....Devin...not so much due to his injury history and position/skillset.

Edited by DJlaysitup

We gotta re sign Zaza and Ivan

To keep the same team? Not Ferry/Bud's players, so not in their plans. Drafted 2 centers just recently as well. Howard and friends or the old Hawks most likely won't be the roster next season. It will be whatever Ferry envisions a winning team to look like (or the start of one at least). Not going to be a rebuild, as Ferry hasn't even built anything yet. It's going to be a build, a build to a respectable winning Franchise.

Edited by RWF