• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumors?

smoove31210

Read there was interest in Bynum as well.

Bynum said he is not working out for any teams - so teams better have a really good doctor to examine those knees.

I have read we are interested inIggyCory brewerBrandon WrightZazaCalderon

I'd be intrigued by Wright, assuming the contract weren't foolish.

And I of course have lots of love for the native Georgian.

But the rest: no thanks.

Hell, gimme back JJ & Marvin if that's the alternative.

Super high risk reward move for sure.

You know that employee at work who comes in at 9 and leaves at 3 but tries his best and does pretty well during those hours? Every once in a while he'll stay until 5 but it's pretty rare. That's who you're getting with Bynum. A guy who does great when he's out there but so far he's only shown up and worked a full day once in his career. That's not much reward and pretty much all risk.

• Like 2

Nogueira to play in Spain next year??

To be honest this is probably for the best...I just hope he can do OK in Spain and move towards being a Hawk.

Maybe I'm being too conservative - but I really think the Brazillian Beanpole - no matter his great athleticism - needs a bit of seasoning. Even if he is a fast learner - what's the harm in dominating in Spain instead of having a rough time in the "bigs".

FWIW....I'm hearing giving Bynum a one year deal for a lot of money to meet the salary cap floor is a possibility. This is if we miss out on other targets.

I could get behind that as there's no risk at all and the potential for it to work out very well. As long as there's no scenario that leads to a high dollar long term deal I'm good with it.

You know that employee at work who comes in at 9 and leaves at 3 but tries his best and does pretty well during those hours? Every once in a while he'll stay until 5 but it's pretty rare. That's who you're getting with Bynum. A guy who does great when he's out there but so far he's only shown up and worked a full day once in his career. That's not much reward and pretty much all risk.

LOL - if only Bynum were really that type of guy....he's more of a 10:30am to 3:30pm guy from what I've heard....with lunch in between.

• Like 2

To be honest this is probably for the best...I just hope he can do OK in Spain and move towards being a Hawk.

Maybe I'm being too conservative - but I really think the Brazillian Beanpole - no matter his great athleticism - needs a bit of seasoning. Even if he is a fast learner - what's the harm in dominating in Spain instead of having a rough time in the "bigs".

Not sure staying in Spain does much unless the team needs him there because the FA moves give us an opportunity to win now.

Dude averaged like 13 minutes per game last year.

Honestly, I think I'd rather get him on an NBA strength regimen for a full year.

LOL - if only Bynum were really that type of guy....he's more of a 10:30am to 3:30pm guy from what I've heard....with lunch in between.

And a 2 hour lunch at that to feed that large frame.

Fine - give him a 1 year deal, but once it's announced that he won't be ready to play until December, then after the All-stat break, then he'll be ready for the playoffs - we better have a back-up center so Al won't have to play at C all season.

He had just signed a 4yr deal with his club overseas like the day before the draft, so it's looking like a real possibility. I am among those who thinks he should just be brought over and thrown into the fire, but DF has more experience than I do so I am going to follow his lead on this one. I mean the kid could be like Tyson Chandler, who was tall and skinny and his early teams didn't wait for him to develop. Or he could be stromile swift. Who knows

Why would Lucas sign a 4 year deal right before the draft? sounds like he isn't too sure he is ready to come over himself. I doubt ASG are willing to pay anymore money this offseason, so he will probably stay over another year, maybe two.