• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Will Meet Up With Tyreke Evans Tomorrow

PSSSHHHRRR87

See if they take a 2nd for Rivers. Then stash Rivers in the D-League just to piss Doc off.

Resign Ivan, have him take threatening pictures with Austin, send them to Doc, blackmail him to throw games. Have Paul suffer through more 1st round exits.

I read $40 million or $44 million with his first year at 10, 300, 000.Where are y'all getting 12 Million?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

48 / 4 = 12

The rumors are anywhere between 40 and 48 over the 4 year period.

• Moderators

Maybe it's what Dwight wants? If that's the case, maybe he will sign for less than that?

Tyreke is a RFA so any cheap deal he accepts with us can be matched by the Kings. If we want him, then we have to beat $12 mil. Thanks, but no thanks Tyreke.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Tyreke is a RFA so any cheap deal he accepts with us can be matched by the Kings. If we want him, then we have to beat $12 mil. Thanks, but no thanks Tyreke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Image I forgot about him being RFA. Alcohol and sports talk only go so far.

• Like 1

:ahf: :ahf2:

So your saying you would want a 29year old player that will be 30 this season, who is not an allstar over a 23 year old player who at least has the potential to be a star....Evans would excel in ATL and I wouldnt be surprised if the Hawks seriously considered him.
  • Like 3

No to it-rhymes-with-reek at that price. And Rivers was absolutely terrible last year. Maybe for a second. Maybe.

Most people had him as the worst rotational player in the league last year. He wasn't your typical Jason Collins type who got 5 token minutes here and there, he was getting over 20min a night also.

So your saying you would want a 29year old player that will be 30 this season, who is not an allstar over a 23 year old player who at least has the potential to be a star....Evans would excel in ATL and I wouldnt be surprised if the Hawks seriously considered him.

If I had to choose between the 2 there's no doubt in my mind I'd rather have Iggy than to hope for another young guy with potential, who's been an overwhelming lottery bust, to finally realize his potential. Honestly I don't want either one of them, but if I had to choose I'd take the guy who's the far better defender.

The league average for win shares per 48 is .100. Last year Tyreke finally broke the .100 with a .105. For his career he has a .075 WS/48. Iggy just had his 1st season under .100, with a .097 last year and still has a career average of .123.

So which do we choose? The guy who had the best year of his career last year, which was barely better than the other guys worst worst ever year? Or the guy whose career average is still much better than the other guys career best?

Either way you're going to have to overpay. Just gotta choose to go with the guy who is on the downside of his career or the guy who is probably never going to have an upside to his career.

Most people had him as the worst rotational player in the league last year. He wasn't your typical Jason Collins type who got 5 token minutes here and there, he was getting over 20min a night also.

Oh not just the worst last year. I'm not sure how he finished the season but there was a point about halfway through when Rivers was, statistically, the worst player IN NBA HISTORY!
  • Like 1

The key is that Tyreke has the tools to be a great player. He needs a coach that can develop him... And the Hawks have one known for that. At least I think that's the way the Hawks brass sees it.

Want me to find you 3,000,000,099 posts on Hawksquawk since 2005 where we've said that exact same thing about you know who?

Want me to find you 3,000,000,099 posts on Hawksquawk since 2005 where we've said that exact same thing about you know who?

Oh I know. But that's the only way I can understand their interest. Then again, I'd trust Coach Bud over Woodson or Drew on getting the most out of a player, even though he has no coaching experience.