Kyle Korver RE-SIGNS with HAWKS 4 yr $24 million

plskeepbibby

This Message Board is so schizophrenic...before this signing over 75% of the posters here were in full tank mode...now there are only 3.

By the way, Kover is not a starter on a championship team thus making him over paid!

We've seen championship teams start bums all the time, bad example.

We've seen championship teams start bums all the time, bad example.

Korver isn't a bum (nor will he be on a championship team of course)...he's a good player from the Missouri Valley Conference. The Conference of Bird (Indy State) and Walt Frazier (SIU)....too many more to name.

Guest Walter

There you go being all logical and stuff.

I think he logically agreed that we paid too much for korver unless we get Dwight. I would agree with that. Otherwise, no other big is worth overpaying to come here and overpaying to surround with one dimensional shooters.W

Guest Walter

We really should stop using the word "tank"...use "strategic alignment" for the upcoming draft.

It's not tanking if you are "preserving cap space" for one yr through a lot of 1 yr deals. Bynum could have accomplished that. A trade for a 1 yr bad contract in which we get a first back would do that. Hell, sign korver to a 1 yr $9 mil deal for all I care but 4 yrs for a 32 yr old shooter is twice as much all around than Dunleavy. Not good.Did we shave our payroll for an old gunslinger or him and a 2nd rate center? I hope not.W

This is a solid signing for us and should help our rep as far as resigning ( paying ) players that make a impact. We let some decent 6th men vet types walk before, Crawford and Flip, to save money. This time around, we paid and kept a very good one.

Guest Walter

Swift: 3 pt shots are worth 3 pts. You need points to win games, and scoring 3 pts at a time is actually a good way to get lots of points. How is that not valuable? A 3 point shot is worth somewhere in the range of 150% of a 2 point shot. That's a lot!Do you follow?

Certainly, although your advanced statistics are challenging. Chicago valued that player at $3 million per over 2 yrs? THAT sounds about right and they NEEDED that player to space for Rose.You don't pay a 32 yr old defensively challenged, sharpshooter a 4 yr contract paying him $7 mil at the age of 36 UNLESS he's the very last piece of a puzzle.Our first, big, fa signing? Wait for it?....(drum roll)...A one-dimensional, sniper who is past his prime through the majority if not all of the contract. We can't help but top that. W
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

We really should stop using the word "tank"...use "strategic alignment" for the upcoming draft.

As if, "strategic alignment" isn't for losers?

TANKING IS FOR LOSERS AND I HOPE DF ISN'T ONE OF THEM!

KK signing was a little bit too pricey, but that's the market. Good signing DF!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Batum is not available. Move on.

Actually, this is not true.

Batum is available for trade. They signed Batum to that big deal to match Minny. It seems like they will have to do it again this offseason. They are looking to move Batum.

• Premium Member

Man...did this come out of nowhere or what?This signing is great for us because it proves that our team is not gonna tank. However I still have this empty feeling...Korver is good but he would only come back if he was sold on us being serious contenders, in fact out of all the one-year-rental players we acquired from last year I expected him to be the first to leave. Something has to be going on in the Hawks camp we don't know about.

Well, let's think about it.

Chicago became a non possibility after they signed MDJ.

Korver liked ATL and we gave him a four year deal.

Does it mean that we're serious? I hope so.

Just laughing out loud at everyone on this board who thinks giving a 32 year old defensive liability who can't handle the basket ball in traffic $6 million a year is a good idea but resigning Josh at $12 million a year is suicide.

I wonder if some of you just got locked out of games of 21 as kids because all you could do is shoot and have a soft spot for one trick ponies.

Our first, big, fa signing? Wait for it?....(drum roll)...A one-dimensional, sniper who is past his prime through the majority if not all of the contract. We can't help but top that. W

Actually, by most measurables 2012-13 was the second best season of Korver's career. Nice try, though! Edited by DatWerkk
  • Like 1

Just laughing out loud at everyone on this board who thinks giving a 32 year old defensive liability who can't handle the basket ball in traffic $6 million a year is a good idea but resigning Josh at $12 million a year is suicide.

I wonder if some of you just got locked out of games of 21 as kids because all you could do is shoot and have a soft spot for one trick ponies.

I'm amazed at how many people think it will be hard to move a 6 million a year contract. For whatever reason that the Hawks want to move Korver a 6 million year contract will not be hard to move at the deadline. Everyone wants shooters, who cares if he is a one trick pony. The point being who cares if he only shoots 3's he is only making 6 million.

People that are against thing this contract, thinking that it is a downfall for the Hawks, that they won't be able to sign anyone else, please give me a break they will be able to trade this guy in a second at the deadline and get what they want for him. People need to give it a rest.

Edited by phoostal
  • Like 1

That one trick pony sure did that one trick very well in the clutch in more than a few games last year. The reason we hate Josh Smith is because we all recognize that he could be a SUPERSTAR if he just played to his strengths. He IS a low post high energy guy. However, he thinks he has this amazing jumpshot and defensively takes himself out of so many plays because he wants to defend on the wing. Josh Smith realistically should be playing the 4 instead of the 3. I would rather see Horford playing the 3 than Smith. Korver knows his role, and doesn't try to play outside of that role. That is why we are happy with this signing.

• Like 1

Just laughing out loud at everyone on this board who thinks giving a 32 year old defensive liability who can't handle the basket ball in traffic $6 million a year is a good idea but resigning Josh at $12 million a year is suicide. I wonder if some of you just got locked out of games of 21 as kids because all you could do is shoot and have a soft spot for one trick ponies.

It was Max for Josh that was the Issue, not 12 mil.