• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ginobili says Rockets and Hawks had interest in signing him

pimp

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/july/ginobili-says-rockets-and-hawks-had-interest-in-signing-him.html "I was contacted two or three teams after July 1st if not renewed with San Antonio" , Manu confirmed there was interest on the part of Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks. sorry for caps in the title... was a copy and paste job

I would take Korver over him. If Gino would have came here that money probably would have went to him.

What is Danny Ferry thinking?

Actually I think if you're tanking he's the perfect guy. I'm quite sure he tanked the finals and got paid handsomely for it.

For a couple of million. Danny probably would have offered him a 3 year deal worth close to what he gave Korver.

• Premium Member

If people dislike Smoove's game so much that they want him gone, they should REALLY hate Ginobili's game. He's way too wild out there to the point that he's a liability, and I actually like wild, free-flowing play. I'm still wondering how Pop could leave him out there like he did during the Finals when he was making one bad play after another. That didn't seem like Pop at all.

Hmmmm, I guess I'm in the minority here but I love Manu. He had a bad finals but the guy is all heart and smarts. One of my favorite non Hawks. I do realize he's breaking down though.

I still hate him for the finals series. He really did look like he was paid to throw the series. It one thing to be cold shooting but to throw the ball away damn near every time u have it is ridiculous. Hes a huge reason they lost game 6 and 7, Pop too

I still hate him for the finals series. He really did look like he was paid to throw the series. It one thing to be cold shooting but to throw the ball away damn near every time u have it is ridiculous. Hes a huge reason they lost game 6 and 7, Pop too

The second half of that series was the worse coaching I've ever seen from Pop.

I don't know that we really needed him either, but my guess he would have been brought in to help implement Bud's system more than anything. But yeah, if we bring back Teague and bring the Rook over we already have 5 guards.PG - Teague, ShroederSG - Korver, Lou, JenkinsPlus, I think Lou is going to be used as our Ginobli anyway.

Edited by MrNique

Teams who tank don't go after Manu Ginobli. Good news.

Tanking would be an option, not the first one. You try for the best and don't settle on ball hogs and overpaid players to take you to a first round elimination. Play it smart.

I love how Ferry keeps everything a secret. Dont find anything out until after things are already completed. I love it. No Leaks

• Like 1