• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SBNATION: Why the Hawks are a visible "dark horse" in landing Dwight.

ATLscrubLove

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/5/4493296/dwight-howard-rumors-hawks-nba-free-agency-2013

Some pieces in place

Atlanta's roster could look barren, but where it is in regard to the other suitors is probably being overlooked.

Al Horford is signed through the 2015-16 season, and putting Howard alongside another All-Star big man would immediately give the Hawks one of the most dangerous front lines in the NBA. After all, Budenholzer has first-hand experience working with two big men in the post. He joined the San Antonio Spurs as an assistant in 1996, a year before the Twin Towers era of Tim Duncan and David Robinson began.

Additionally, the Hawks have perimeter scorer Lou Williams in tow for another two seasons, and will sign deadeye shooter Kyle Korver to a four-year deal.

It's a lot of info we already know but we cannot give up on this yet Hawks fans, there's still a chance.

It is very frustrating when writers or analysts or whomever always leave out the Hawks as a destination.

That douche is going to Houston to play second fiddle to harden

I'd put money on GS now that Iggy signed.A sign n' trade with the Lakers involving Barnes/Thompson, Bogut, and fillers/picks.Run it.

Also, I love all the Dwight hate all of a sudden over the last couple days on here. When y'all thought the Hawks stood a chance, he was our savior. Now he's an a-hole and douchebag because it's pretty much guaranteed he won't sign in Atlanta.Funny stuff.

• Like 2

Guys it is over. I would be shocked if he doesn't be a Warrior after this point.

Yeah this is prob true knowing that LA will think twice before letting him just walk...of course that it ultimately up to Dwight

Also, I love all the Dwight hate all of a sudden over the last couple days on here. When y'all thought the Hawks stood a chance, he was our savior. Now he's an a-hole and douchebag because it's pretty much guaranteed he won't sign in Atlanta.Funny stuff.

• Like 1

He is tired of playing 2nd fiddle for only one season in LA with Kobe? What does he think is going to happen in Houston? They are a run and gun offense and he will be in the same position their as LA. Same with GSW, That is Curry's team, outright.

Give it one season and we will be hearing how he wants out of houston or golden state. And then it will all start up again, unfortunately.

• Like 1

The problem is that if Ferry is going to win now, he is going to be out of luck because the pool of talented FA's is drying up. He might have to accept tanking no matter if he likes it or not. And truthfully, the Hawks are running out of options to pair with Dwight even if he signs.

Not me. I've remained firm on my stance for months now. I've never liked the guy or wanted him.

Or maybe some always thought he was douche bag but we realize the Hawks have few options.

They have almost nothing in terms of assets and they simply haven't landed any FA's. Everybody wants to win now while the Hawks simply aren't capable of doing it to a great degree.

• Like 3

Its not the player that is being hated, its the choice if its not us he decides to play for. No one in their right mind thinks D12 is a bad player.

damn right