• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight eliminates Atlanta, will be signing with Houston

Admin

Why do you assume we would take Lin?

Asiks only makes 8 Million. Josh is going to command at least 12. Where do you think the rest of that money is coming from??

Maybe we SNT Smith for the $4 million he deserves.

In the end the Rockets have a western conference team and the Hawks get a role player and an over hyped and overpaid PG.

I might be wrong and am certainly in the minority, but I am not sold on a team that has Josh and Dwight winning anything that matters.

• Like 2

I might be wrong and am certainly in the minority, but I am not sold on a team that has Josh and Dwight winning anything that matters.

Nope. All you gotta do to beat 'em is foul 'em, and encourage Josh to shoot the open 3.

• Like 1

s

Oh man the Rockets may try and screw us over here. I heard they may try and sign Josh outright and then SnT with the Lakers for Dwight. Atlanta would get absolutely NOTHING. There you got haters, Atlanta gets nothing just like you want!

We do get something. We get rid of Josh Smith. That's enough for me. Good riddance. We'll be ok.

• Like 2

Ain't Danny Ferry great? He can make things happen. After all, he worked for SA.

I know your being funny but Ferry really needs to run this work right. No taking Asik, he just kills our now and our future. Sorry guys but this team we have with Dennis/Jenkins/Korver/Horf/Bebe is a 25-35 win team at best. Add Asik, we are firmly a 10-15 pick team. Sorry but that's terrible and Ferry should be fired on spot.

If we gave them Smith, we would guarantee they would never get a championship. Both of them clanking free throws and Smith jacking up threes. We ought to do it to sabotage them.

Agreed. See ya.

Asiks only makes 8 Million. Josh is going to command at least 12. Where do you think the rest of that money is coming from??

He makes 8.3 million and they can throw in a young player who makes 1.5 million or so and then you've got a deal.

I know your being funny but Ferry really needs to run this work right. No taking Asik, he just kills our now and our future. Sorry guys but this team we have with Dennis/Jenkins/Korver/Horf/Bebe is a 25-35 win team at best. Add Asik, we are firmly a 10-15 pick team. Sorry but that's terrible and Ferry should be fired on spot.

Half serious.

No, Ferry just can't miracle things to happen like some people believe.

But this is not his fault. I'm sure he made a good pitch, just that Punk_ss didn't want to play here.

Not ESPN gets to laugh again about how we can't get anything done. And they're right, and they were the entire time. It all makes me sick.

Do you have a crystal ball?

Dwights offensive game is lacking to say the least. Cant believe how much it gets overlooked. And you cant even leave him in the game for his defense during crunch time. Cant hit his free throws. I kinda wanted him, but Im not disappointed at all. Not to mention bad backs aren't anything to mess with. Got one myself. That thing can go out at anytime. Trust me, I know. Might be a blessing in disguise.

• Premium Member

I have no idea why folks dont like Asik next to Al. Seems like the feeling is only sign superstars to multi year deals, and fill the team with 1 year contracts until we stumble into a superstar.

That is the only valid strategy open to us.

Let's be real here Hawks fans, something became GLARINGLY OBVIOUS this offseason:

This team will never be able to sign a superstar as a free agent. Paul and Howard passed on us and we weren't even a serious contender for either one of them.

The only way to win rings in the NBA is with superstars. We had the most cap space in the ENTIRE NBA with a two time All Star already contract and what did we get with it? NOTHING.

So if you can't sign a superstar if means you either trade for one or you draft one. What team out there is going to trade a superstar to us? Let's be real. That leaves only one option. The draft. This upcoming draft is the most talent rich draft in maybe a DECADE. That is a draft you try your hardest to get a lottery pick for.

All this talk about Asik being a good defender runs contrary to what we need: not want, NEED. You NEED a superstar or you are at best and I repeat AT BEST a playoff treadmill team. If that is all you want in a franchise then knock yourself out. If you want to actually have a real chance of winning a title then you have to embrace whatever gets this franchise a superstar.