• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have interest in Bynum

mattlanta

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but inside Marc Stein's FA report of the Hawks having interest in Monta Ellis, he also states that we have shown interest in Bynum...

With the future of restricted free agent point guard Jeff Teague still uncertain, Atlanta has roughly $10 million in available salary-cap space to potentially use on Ellis. Sources say that the Hawks have also given center Andrew Bynum some thought, but all the latest signals suggest that Ellis is the Hawks' top current target.

The article can be found on ESPN here: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60990/free-agency-reports-hawks-eye-ellis

All his other issues (and they are many) aside, what you at least get with with Bynum is such tantalizing possible potential, whereas Monta, damn, you're getting what you get, and what he 'gives' is exactly what we do not need here.

I will be seriously sad if we do sign Ellis, and I fricken hope to God some other team steps in and saves us from such stupidity ever occurring.

So is it confirmed that Bebe is going to stay in Spain? If not then we have two young 7 foot centers here and would just need a vet center but not Bynum

Regardless if he stays or not, he is 2-3 years from being ready. He needs to bulk up. I'm not sure he can come over here and just put up Joakim Noah rookie year numbers.

Bynum for a year or two on a reasonable deal is worth the risk IMO. Probably the most skilled offensive C, when he is healthy. But unfortunately, his name now officially includes the phrase, "when he is healthy".

• Like 2

Teague and Pek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis and Bynum.It don't take no kind of analysis, advanced or simple, to see that. Bynum could certainly have better numbers than Pek, but I don't see how anyone can evaluate Bynum since he rarely ever plays. I think Ferry is just an information gatherer and smokescreener. For what purpose I have no idea. I wouldn't even want to talk to these guys' agents, let alone them. After seeing the way GS took off after his departure, Monta should fall through the cracks and beg for a lesser deal from a contender. And as if the cheap shot on Barrea (amazingly I heard Dallas is going after Bynum as well), not playing a single game for Philly, and having the audacity to refuse to work out for a potential employer wasnt enough to steer clear of the big idiot with a deformed lower body skeletal system.

• Like 2

Teague and Pek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellis and Bynum.It don't take no kind of analysis, advanced or simple, to see that. Bynum could certainly have better numbers than Pek, but I don't see how anyone can evaluate Bynum since he rarely ever plays. I think Ferry is just an information gatherer and smokescreener. For what purpose I have no idea. I wouldn't even want to talk to these guys' agents, let alone them. After seeing the way GS took off after his departure, Monta should fall through the cracks and beg for a lesser deal from a contender. And as if the cheap shot on Barrea (amazingly I heard Dallas is going after Bynum as well), not playing a single game for Philly, and having the audacity to refuse to work out for a potential employer wasnt enough to steer clear of the big idiot with a deformed lower body skeletal system.

Agree. Plus probably less money for both. However, Teague is probably looking for 4-5 year deal. I'm not sure DF wants to commit. Teague is not the long-term solution at PG. DF probably wants someone else. However, Teague would be a great back up. Wait for the price to drop and make a move.

Oh, god. I went to bed last night hearing rumors that we were interested in Monta Ellis and now I wake up to this. Starting to think I'm in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

I just hope that it's a smokescreen, or crossed wires, or just flat out B.S.

I really hope that we're just waiting until the 10th to put a max on Pek's offer sheet, and these are just decoys. No way I'm interested in Bynum after not playing a minute last year, and then refusing to work out for teams that could be willing to pay him millions of dollars. F that. Ol' Broken Knees can go somewhere else.

And I don't know about Teague not being a long-term solution. I like Teague. When he turns it on, he's a beast. He's fast, he can drive. He doesn't take terrible shots. He's a great free throw shooter. He looks for the open man. I think if he could just work on his consistency he'd be fine. Not certain, but I also think we could keep him on a reasonable contract, so reasonable that we wouldn't have much trouble in moving it elsewhere.

• Like 1

Oh, god. I went to bed last night hearing rumors that we were interested in Monta Ellis and now I wake up to this. Starting to think I'm in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

I just hope that it's a smokescreen, or crossed wires, or just flat out B.S.

I'm thinking smokescreen MrB. Bynum doesn't seem like a fit at all.

You guys crack me up. A healthy Bynum is a top 5 center in the league, moves Al to the 4 and gives us a serious front line that would free up Teague/Jenkins, Korver on the arc. Bynum at 10/year for 2 seasons with a team option for seasons 3/4 is a steal if he works out and a short term stop gap if he doesn't.

Bynum is building a house in Atlanta and is by far the best option left right now. Any offer we make for Pek is going to be matched. Bynum or nothing right now if you want a real center.

• Like 1

You guys crack me up. A healthy Bynum is a top 5 center in the league, moves Al to the 4 and gives us a serious front line that would free up Teague/Jenkins, Korver on the arc. Bynum at 10/year for 2 seasons with a team option for seasons 3/4 is a steal if he works out and a short term stop gap if he doesn't. Bynum is building a house in Atlanta and is by far the best option left right now. Any offer we make for Pek is going to be matched. Bynum or nothing right now if you want a real center.

At that price I'd rather stick with Al at C. Edited by DatWerkk

Give me the chance of selecting someone like Jabari Parker (everyone is focusing on Wiggins, so I turn my attention to the other "star") and him turning out the be the superstar that he is predicted over 2 or 3 years of Ellis shooting the team to an 8th seed or Bynum playing half a season.

Edited by RWF

• Moderators

If this is true, then I should be the GM of the Hawks because these are the two guys I want on the Hawks. It's the post-playing center and the do-everything scorer that we need. Get them both on $9 mil/yr deals with injury literature on Bynum and I say it's worth a shot.But in reality, Ferry doesn't let stuff like this get out so I doubt it's true. IFWT and I trust what Bud could do with this team.C - BynumPF - HorfordSF - Millsap or KorverSG - EllisPG - Teague or player XG - WilliamsG/F - KorverRookiesSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk