• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Errbody say something nice about Monta Ellis

taz

Monta is a scorer people. Everyone bashes his TS % and Efg %; but the bottom line is his shooting stats over his career are very comparable to these NBA darlings:

Jamal Crawford

JR Smith

DeMar Derozan

I am not going to go through the trouble of citing year and year out. Last season was a bad year but just one season prior in 2011/12 he was better than all three. And we all know his rookie season was sensational. In 10/11 Mike Conley's TS was only .526 and his Efg was .494. Give the guy a break. If Danny thinks he can get better; maybe he can. What the hell do we have to lose?

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

As soon as Monta Ellis signs, he is an Atlanta Hawk. As a Hawks player, he has my fandom. I will watch him on TV, I will pay my money to see him live, and I will hope that every shot he puts up to go down. I hope that he, and Danny Ferry, will prove every doubter wrong.

...but I am not a happy camper right now. This is the 90's all over for me.

• Like 3

As soon as Monta Ellis signs, he is an Atlanta Hawk. As a Hawks player, he has my fandom. I will watch him on TV, I will pay my money to see him live, and I will hope that every shot he puts up to go down. I hope that he, and Danny Ferry, will prove every doubter wrong.

...but I am not a happy camper right now. This is the 90's all over for me.

I wish this team had any chance at being as good as those 90's teams.

Impressive Monta stats from last year*:

122nd in PER at 16.2

356th in true shooting% at 0.493

393rd in effective FG% at 0.448

294th in win shares / 48 at 0.071

*From basketball-reference - All players in NBA listed and some of them won't have as many minutes

Impressive Monta stats from last year*:

122nd in PER at 16.2

356th in true shooting% at 0.493

393rd in effective FG% at 0.448

294th in win shares / 48 at 0.071

*From basketball-reference - All players in NBA listed and some of them won't have as many minutes

Well if it's as bad as the stats show then we can expect a top 5 pick., but i think we will be competitive.

Lets get the ball rollings here on some positives about Monta Ellis

I'll go first

He seems to take care of his oral hygiene pretty well

he's rich

he can shoot a basketball pretty good

he's in shape

he's got a hookup to that fire weed bro

he could "help" the hawks get a better draft pick

He shot 53% about 6 seasons ago.

Where are you getting that from?

Ferry post draft press conference mentioned he would bring in free agents and make trades this summer to bring in veteran support to help the team. We drafted a PG, if indeed we signed Ellis then he is a hybrid guard, we have Lou williams coming back..The Monta Ellis acquisition really makes it more likely that Teague will be gone....its just a hunch - I don't think Teague is a leader but I actually like Teague for our team..

Ferry post draft press conference mentioned he would bring in free agents and make trades this summer to bring in veteran support to help the team. We drafted a PG, if indeed we signed Ellis then he is a hybrid guard, we have Lou williams coming back..The Monta Ellis acquisition really makes it more likely that Teague will be gone....its just a hunch - I don't think Teague is a leader but I actually like Teague for our team..

It would be extremely unlikely that we'll find a team who wants to sign Teague and who has a C in that same price range that they are looking to trade and that the Hawks would be interested in. The odds are great against that happening. Keep in mind that we'd have to send Teague someplace that he's willing to play.

The Silver linings playbook is that Bud utilizes analytics to improve players...what better player in Monta to use analytics to improve....maybe a good signing if the price is right..

Monta is one of the worst players in the league using advanced stats. That's what has many of us so frustrated because he's the polar opposite of everything that Ferry has done with this team in assembling highly efficient players.