• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bynum signing with Cavs

Admin

Agreed. Who'd want a starting C who had PER36 numbers of 15 points, 13 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and shot 54% last year. Scrub!

Dalembert would fit nicely for 2 years, the 2015 Center Free Agent class is very deep, if BeBe does not pan out. Dalembert can still play.

• Like 1

Dalembert would fit nicely for 2 years, the 2015 Center Free Agent class is very deep, if BeBe does not pan out. Dalembert can still play.

He could also teach BeBe about the finer points of NBA defense

Edited by taz

Whew! That was close. 3rd bullet dodged. I love Kyrie and hope it's not the case, but their best two players could miss over 100 games combined and no sensible person would be surprised.

Edited by benhillboy

He could also teach BeBe about the finer points of NBA defense

Bebe probably knows more about defense than Daly. That's one guy who never seems to be in tune with defensive rotations even at this age. Good rim protector and has some scoring ability.

Agreed. Who'd want a starting C who had PER36 numbers of 15 points, 13 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and shot 54% last year. Scrub!

I don't always believe in advanced stats. His game has slowed down. That's why he isn't playing 30+ minutes anymore. Saw him several times. He is a good shooter. However, I don't think he can play 30+. Why would the Hawks sign him to come off the bench?

He will probably sign with Dallas or someone else also.

Perhaps Ferry has something on Millsap's family in order to get him to sign here.

Seriously, all of those shows how valueless the previous 6 playoff appearances were. When nobody wants to sign with a team that has made the playoffs in 6 times in a row, something is wrong.

I don't always believe in advanced stats. His game has slowed down. That's why he isn't playing 30+ minutes anymore. Saw him several times. He is a good shooter. However, I don't think he can play 30+. Why would the Hawks sign him to come off the bench?

I agree his game has slowed down but we only need him for at most 28mpg.We can play Horf, Bebe, and Mike at center as well. He would just be for the need of a rim protector and someone who can play the position so Al doesn't have to start at center.

Those are basic stats, just on a PER36 basis. He only averaged 2 fouls per game last year as well. Sure he's not a spring chicken but I saw him a few times last year and he still has some game left in him. He could certainly give us 20 minutes or so of good basketball and would be the ONLY rim protector we'd have.

• Like 1

Is Niko official? That stinks b/c he is the center I truly wanted. Over DH. Bynum was another good option.

Love his energy. He is also a brilliant defender.

I doubt they are trading Anderson, Bynum is only guaranteed 6 mil unless he meets his incentives. That's like a NFL contract.

Would've been nice to snag a name, but in all likelihood, we dodged a bullet here. Dude has chronic knee issues; look what happened to Roy, and Bynum is twice his size. I'd be surprised if he sees any real court time next season or beyond.

Ditto -- I was thinking the same thing. I got a little excited about having Bynum here, but then ultimately if he goes down with a knee injury we've invested all that money and have no production. I had to face he was high risk from an injury standpoint. Peko is worth exploring, but how much will he cost us. Is there any chance the second round Center (Muscala) is any good? I guess we will see and Summer League

Ditto -- I was thinking the same thing. I got a little excited about having Bynum here, but then ultimately if he goes down with a knee injury we've invested all that money and have no production. I had to face he was high risk from an injury standpoint. Peko is worth exploring, but how much will he cost us. Is there any chance the second round Center (Muscala) is any good? I guess we will see and Summer League

You answered your own question about Mike.