• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Pessimistic Fan Thread

ATLnightwing

No major free agent signing. Samuel Dalembert (the last starting caliber center) is likely gone. We have hyped up this summer so much and what did we end up with? Millsap, probably Monta Ellis, and Horford at Center again? We're looking at:

Monta Ellis/Schröder

Jenkins/Williams

Korver

Millsap

Horford

Seems like a mediocre team to me. This is worse than that Summer where our major signings were TMac and Willie Green.

• Like 2

No major free agent signing. Samuel Dalembert (the last starting caliber center) is likely gone. We have hyped up this summer so much and what did we end up with? Millsap, probably Monta Ellis, and Horford at Center again? We're looking at:

Monta Ellis/Schröder

Jenkins/Williams

Korver

Millsap

Horford

Seems like a mediocre team to me. This is worse than that Summer where our major signings were TMac and Willie Green.

I'm just trying to figure out where all of our cap space went. We had so much heading into free agency and we really have next to nothing to show for it. We can't win a championship with that team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves. The only thing we've done with the starting 5 you've listed is cement ourselves as 1st round knockouts yet again. Which in turn has eliminated us from lottery contention.

• Like 1

I have to be honest and say this is a pathetic showing by Ferry so far. You either tank or you go for a contender. There's no middle ground unless you want to be stuck on the playoff treadmill.

Cleveland has Kyrie Ivring and the Hawks have Paul Millsap and Al Horford.

Ferry still will not get it. Players aren't signing up to play with Al Horford, Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap. If he keeps playing the FA game he will continue to lose.

• Like 2

I have to be honest and say this is a pathetic showing by Ferry so far. You either tank or you go for a contender. There's no middle ground unless you want to be stuck on the playoff treadmill.

Ferry couldn't spend 7 mill for Bynum???

Ferry is definitely gonna get some backlash this offseason as it now stands.

Was it this bad when we missed out on Erik Dampier that year? I mean jeez guys we didn't sign a problem "superstar" with back problems who didn't want to come back to his home town and we didn't sign a NBA center who blew out his knee BOWLING.

BOWLING

• Like 1

Ferry couldn't spend 7 mill for Bynum??? Ferry is definitely gonna get some backlash this offseason as it now stands.

Just give it until 3 days into training camp you'll hear 'Andrew Bynum will not be ready for the start of the season, he should be ready by December', them you'll hear - whew we dodged that bullet. Lol

Oh good we've needed more pessimism around here.

How can you not be at least a little bit upset over what has transpired this off-season. We were supposed to go from pretenders to contenders. Now we head into next season no better, if not worse, than we were when we got knocked out by the Pacers last year. There are teams in the East who missed the playoffs last year that got much better in the off-season. Meanwhile we are stuck running in place and possibly tripping over ourselves.

• Like 3

Was it this bad when we missed out on Erik Dampier that year? I mean jeez guys we didn't sign a problem "superstar" with back problems who didn't want to come back to his home town and we didn't sign a NBA center who blew out his knee BOWLING.

BOWLING

People will always find a reason to hate on the players that down sign here, but the fact is that players don't want to play here.

Doc going the Clippers really derailed our offseason. There was no way we were getting Dwight without CP3. I'm not going to rag on DF but this has been a terrible offseason

• Like 1

How can you not be at least a little bit upset over what has transpired this off-season. We were supposed to go from pretenders to contenders. Now we head into next season no better, if not worse, than we were when we got knocked out by the Pacers last year. There are teams in the East who missed the playoffs last year that got much better in the off-season. Meanwhile we are stuck running in place and possibly tripping over ourselves.

I didn't say that I'm not upset but I didn't have big expectations for this offseason. I knew it all depended on CP3/D12 and if we didn't get those guys that there wasn't much out there. The fact that the best Bynum could get is 6m guaranteed screams that he's not healthy and is probably done so nothing to get upset about there.

I'm excited that Ferry has kept our cap flexibility going forward and I'm honestly thrilled that we didn't max out Josh Smith. Plus we still have plenty of availability to make moves and there are still quality players out there so we should see a solid competitive team next year. Make another smart draft choice next year, hope that Bebe and Menace develop and take our cap space into 2015.

At this point the only thing that would upset me would be Monta Ellis ending up on the Hawks.

• Like 2